The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

It's MuellerTime!!!!

Been waiting for this shit.  Watching the tears on Fox5@5 or whatever they call our version of RussianTV was fucking fantastic...they look like they're on their way to a funeral.  Maybe they're not as clueless as their viewers?  LOL

Your kids and all their kids will always look back on you shitheads as traitorous sons of bitches...no 2 ways about it.  FUCK YOU

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

It's MuellerTime!!!!

Been waiting for this shit.  Watching the tears on Fox5@5 or whatever they call our version of RussianTV was fucking fantastic...they look like they're on their way to a funeral.  Maybe they're not as clueless as their viewers?  LOL

Your kids and all their kids will always look back on you shitheads as traitorous sons of bitches...no 2 ways about it.  FUCK YOU

A point needs to be made of out of this for all people and parties.

A couple thoughts.

1) There is zero way that Trump avoids impeachment if the Dems take the House.  The probability of avoiding impeachment was non-zero before today; it's now zero.

2) Why did Mueller punt the Cohen case to SDNY? If anything this is much more within the scope of his charge than the Manafort shit it.  You got actual shit going down during the campaign.  I am sure that there were other tactical reasons for punting, but I think its a reasonable question. 

A couple thoughts.
1) There is zero way that Trump avoids impeachment if the Dems take the House.  The probability of avoiding impeachment was non-zero before today; it's now zero.
2) Why did Mueller punt the Cohen case to SDNY? If anything this is much more within the scope of his charge than the Manafort shit it.  You got actual shit going down during the campaign.  I am sure that there were other tactical reasons for punting, but I think its a reasonable question. 

Early speculation was that it provided some distance from a potential political shutdown of the Mueller probe, IIRC

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

A couple thoughts.

On 2, I don't know.  It doesn't square with keeping the Manafort prosecutions, at all.  At the time of the Manafort indictments, there was, I believe, some question of statute of limitations running on some of the counts in the first indictment (money laundering, I believe), so expediency was the name of the game.  Still doesn't mean he couldn't have kicked it after indicting.

Ultimately, I think he kicked Cohen because he didn't want to catch any more shit for cases without a Russia nexus.

"Circling back" to 1).  I don't care about mere impeachment, I want conviction and removal from office.  Without that, from the Senate, it's sound and fury, signifying nothing.

However, I hope the orange sumbitch gets prison reform passed before he's taken out.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 3

Just now, Anastasis said:

Right, that makes sense.  Avoid the headlines of "OSC raiding Trumps personal lawyer", but reality of the situation is that the Cohen case is much more closely aligned to the charge of the OSC. 

Well, it singes Trump pretty good, but there is no Russia nexus, currently.  Not to say that one won't develop.

• Like 1

Just now, Lurch said:

Early speculation was that it provided some distance from a potential political shutdown of the Mueller probe, IIRC

Right, that makes sense.  Avoid the headlines of "OSC raiding Trumps personal lawyer", but reality of the situation is that the Cohen case is much more closely aligned to the charge of the OSC. 

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

"Circling back" to 1).  I don't care about mere impeachment, I want conviction and removal from office.  Without that, from the Senate, it's sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Campaign finance violations and manaforts tax evasion ain't close to getting you removal in a Senate makeup with any basis is possible reality. Impeachment is basically a given when Dems take control. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

Campaign finance violations and manaforts tax evasion ain't close to getting you removal in a Senate makeup with any basis is possible reality. Impeachment is basically a given when Dems take control. 

Well, I think campaign finance violations clearly tied to paying off hoors starts to get pretty close.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Also makes it kind of tough for Trump to tweet about 17 angry democrats, yada, yada.

Just now, Lucid said:

Paying off whores is more within the scope of a russian collusion investigation than shady dealings with the Ukrainian government and overseas money laundering? How pray tell

See also, previous post. "Right, but at least it relates to the 2016 campaign."

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Paying off whores is more within the scope of a russian collusion investigation than shady dealings with the Ukrainian government and overseas money laundering? How pray tell

On 8/21/2018 at 5:31 AM, Anastasis said:

The most shocking aspect of that situation is that running a sex workshop in Thailand is illegal. 

Lot’s of things are illegal in Thailand. 2 weeks ago I was getting interviewed for a local paper and learned that I couldn’t be photographed holding a wine glass. 

2 minutes ago, Lucid said:

Depends on how you interpret the order.  The campaign, to which Cohen's criminal charges directly pertain, but not to Russia, as yet.  But the order is not the campaign generally, but Russia and the election and the campaign.  Manafort offers a little Russia.  Cohen currently does not.

Edited by TwiceHorn

5 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Also makes it kind of tough for Trump to tweet about 17 angry democrats, yada, yada.

Now it's 12 angry Republicans from NoVA.  Manafort has to be fearing a deep dicking from 12 angry libruls in DC.

Edited by TwiceHorn

41 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

On 2, I don't know.  It doesn't square with keeping the Manafort prosecutions, at all. 

I have been assuming that Mueller kept the Manafort non-Russian related prosecution because he also has the Russian related prosecution against Manafort. (1) He may have originally wanted to bring them together but couldn't due to jurisdictional issues, (2) he is already working on Manafort related stuff, so no need to have someone else duplicate the work, and (3) he didn't want to lose any control of the Manafort prosecution. I think (3) is the biggest reason, because Mueller can't have some other prosecutor developing evidence or offering deals in a way that will hurt the Russian collusion related Manafort trial. 

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

DlJ-Vo_U8AAw9eF.jpg

Giuliani is right. There was no allegation of any wrongdoing against the President. Instead, we have courtroom admissions of wrongdoing committed on behalf of and at the direction of the President. 

• Like 4

So the ball is in GOP Congress' court.  What's going on there?  Chris Collins -R NY was just indicted for insider trading.  Today Rep Duncan Hunter and his wife were indicted for misuse of campaign funds (personal use).  I strongly suspect this is just a warm-up.  A lot of Rubles and Russian hacked materials got incorporated into the last GOP election cycle.  Is it enough to flip the GOP majority in the House?  Seems like a reach, but a burst of unsealed indictments will kick the shit out of the deniers and allow for some corrective action to begin.  And in the Senate?  I'd like to see retiring McCain and Flake become veritable heros and switch parties to flip the gavel and let unobstructed Committees make hay.  That's a start.

1 minute ago, triplehorn said:

So the ball is in GOP Congress' court.  What's going on there?  Chris Collins -R NY was just indicted for insider trading.  Today Rep Duncan Hunter and his wife were indicted for misuse of campaign funds (personal use).  I strongly suspect this is just a warm-up.  A lot of Rubles and Russian hacked materials got incorporated into the last GOP election cycle.  Is it enough to flip the GOP majority in the House?  Seems like a reach, but a burst of unsealed indictments will kick the shit out of the deniers and allow for some corrective action to begin.  And in the Senate?  I'd like to see retiring McCain and Flake become veritable heros and switch parties to flip the gavel and let unobstructed Committees make hay.  That's a start.

I think it's fair to conclude now that the GOP is a criminal syndicate.

Which will retain control of the Senate and White House for at least 2 more years.  So now, we KNOW how bad we've got it.  And there's nothing we can do about it.

• Like 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

I think it's fair to conclude now that the GOP is a criminal syndicate.

Which will retain control of the Senate and White House for at least 2 more years.  So now, we KNOW how bad we've got it.  And there's nothing we can do about it.

I'm right there with you on that ledge if there aren't 30 or more sealed indictments of members of Congress filed last November ready to be unsealed.