The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

We really are at war with autocracy right now. I think we have seen the extent of democracy globally until we resolve this test. We are seeing new battle lines being drawn with Russia and China taking lead and it levied the proverbial nuclear bomb to the heart of it. I hope the power of democracy can eat the blow and repair, stronger than before. 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear

4 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

We really are at war with autocracy right now. I think we have seen the extent of democracy globally until we resolve this test. We are seeing new battle lines being drawn with Russia and China taking lead and it levied the proverbial nuclear bomb to the heart of it. I hope the power of democracy can eat the blow and repair, stronger than before. 

What good is democracy if Americans are allowed to kneel during the national anthem and the press can print stories critical of the President?  

• Like 2

And I would totally believe that the letter writer is telling the truth as they experienced it but that George Pinkaduffalus didn’t actually do what the letter says.

Because does anyone not believe that he’s the type of guy that would totally make that kind of stuff up and brag about it just to seem cool and like he’s totally Trump’s BFF?

At this point if it's reported any of these motherfuckers did something extremely stupid and against their own interest I'm going to believe it true until proven otherwise (within reason, of course).

Like if Pappadopoulus (don't care if that's correct) was reported to rape puppies, I'd probably dismiss it. But the above seems completely within reason considered how monumentally dumb and brazen everything about this clownshow has been.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

Guys, lots of bullshit is getting thrown into the media blender right now.  

Think how active measures works.  Think about how Kavanaugh played out when the zone was flooded with sketchy allegations to overshadow and minimize the very real and credible allegations of Dr. Ford.

All I’m saying is they’ve been investigating this for over two years.  The cake is baked with Mueller and they know it.  They’re going to throw everything at the wall to confuse the public, distort the truth, and distract from the important stuff.

Wait for Mueller.  Don’t go chasing new rabbits. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Schiff's an experienced prosecutor.  He's not gonna fall for a banana in the tailpipe.  

I do trust Schiff on this one.  He's been around the block even more than I have.  So, he certainly knows that....

31 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

This smells of trickery

^^^^ this.

He knows it.  He'll run down the leads.  But the letter is evidence of nothing.  It's just a map of where to look for things.  If something is there, great.  I doubt there's anything that can be verified/proven.  In fact, there's probably things that can be debunked, thus destroying the credibility of the entire letter.

Bertrand's usually pretty good, so I figure she had some corroboration. You never know. Could be fake.

Maybe, but the only Bertrand is reporting is that somebody sent in a letter to Schiff, and that law enforcement is taking it “very seriously “. The first part doesn’t speak to the veracity of the later and the second part is a boilerplate response any time you ask law enforcement something. I’m assuming this is being leaked out of the House, and they really don’t know what Mueller (the only law enforcement on this that matters) is doing.

That being said, while the letter reads like bullshit, considering we know that Papi was bragging about this shit previously, it’s certainly possible.

15 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Maybe, but the only Bertrand is reporting is that somebody sent in a letter to Schiff, and that law enforcement is taking it “very seriously “. The first part doesn’t speak to the veracity of the later and the second part is a boilerplate response any time you ask law enforcement something. I’m assuming this is being leaked out of the House, and they really don’t know what Mueller (the only law enforcement on this that matters) is doing.

That being said, while the letter reads like bullshit, considering we know that Papi was bragging about this shit previously, it’s certainly possible.

and you know Schiff didnt leak it to Bertrand. 

Guys, lots of bullshit is getting thrown into the media blender right now.  
Think how active measures works.  Think about how Kavanaugh played out when the zone was flooded with sketchy allegations to overshadow and minimize the very real and credible allegations of Dr. Ford.
All I’m saying is they’ve been investigating this for over two years.  The cake is baked with Mueller and they know it.  They’re going to throw everything at the wall to confuse the public, distort the truth, and distract from the important stuff.
Wait for Mueller.  Don’t go chasing new rabbits. 

Or waterfalls
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

That interview is some through the looking glass shit.  You guys have to watch it.  If you liked “it depends on what your definition of is is” you’ll love this. 

Yeah, “just because you haven’t come to accept my version of the facts doesn’t mean I’m lying.”

...and other absurd shit.

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, “just because you haven’t come to accept my version of the facts doesn’t mean I’m lying.”

...and other absurd shit.

or

I'm free to lie to whoever I want, and acknowledge I lie, because I can schrodinger's cat my belief in that lie over any given time frame.

It's one step abstracted from Constanza's "remember, it isn't a lie if you believe it."

9 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

His "strapping young buck" racist dog whistle was too subtle to fly in today's era of explicit Trumpian racism.

Yeah, a lot of us were fooled by his rah rah rhetoric. We had falling gas prices when we partnered with the Saudis after losing Iran and the OPEC oil embargo ended, he cut taxes and engaged in massive deficit spending sacrificing long term security for short term gain, we hosted the Olympics and dominated them because of the Russian boycott. He gave a good speech and made us feel good for a little bit. But it was all a lie. That's not leadership. That's a con. Just like "trickle down economics."

How many lives have been devestated by his ill-conceived War on Drugs? How many were lost because he refused to acknowledge the AIDS crisis? How much money was wasted on a Star Wars program that the scientific community correctly assessed as fantasy? How many lives were lost in South America because he'd support any death squad if they claimed to be fighting communism?

He wasn't smart. Smart people don't consult astrologers. He was a fucking actor who suckered us with charm and bullshit. Just because it worked doesn't make it less than totally irresponsible. 

Son of a bitch...