Early Betting Line Texas +2.5 vs Okie Lite

LTtxfan

DampCleverAmericankestrel-small.gif

(The traditional names usually get a few points, so Texas always benefits from fan recognition, but yeah, right.  Uh-huh.)  Other than the Texas School of MInes or whoever they played week 1, has Texas covered this year?  I don't think so.  Why start now with one of the two best Big XII teams, hands down?  Worst case, Okie wins by 7.

This is funny...

Edited by phdhorn
  • Like 1

Mensa better make sure that Casey is ready to play some snaps against Okie Lite -- Ehlinger is banged up (went in the injury tent a couple times)

No excuses if Sam doesn't play the entire game vs Okie Lite... Yah got a whole week to be sure Casey gets plenty of reps.

• Hook 'Em 1

Mensa better make sure that Casey is ready to play some snaps against Okie Lite -- Ehlinger is banged up (went in the injury tent a couple times)
No excuses if Sam doesn't play the entire game vs Okie Lite... Yah got a whole week to be sure Casey gets plenty of reps.

We had a whole 4th Quarter, a big lead and a gimpy Sam, yesterday to get Casey some reps.

23 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

DampCleverAmericankestrel-small.gif

(The traditional names usually get a few points, so Texas always benefits from fan recognition, but yeah, right.  Uh-huh.)  Other than the Texas School of MInes or whoever they played week 1, has Texas covered this year?  I don't think so.  Why start now with one of the two best Big XII teams, hands down?  Worst case, Okie wins by 7.

This is funny...

Texas covered yesterday....

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

Not the initial line that was +14. Where do you think this line will be by game time?

Good question.  The real odds aren’t out yet with MyBookie but I’d guess they’ll end up around Texas +5 or 6.   

OK State doesn’t deserve to be close to being ranked 6th.  If Texas can figure out this week how to tackle so Hubbard doesn’t run for 200 plus yards, they can win this game.

Yep. I can see Sanders making mistakes with his arm, but then again, we haven’t contained a mobile QB in the last decade.

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Surely he's got plenty of playing time against weaker opponents in the third and fourth quarters. Oh wait, all of our games are shitfights except for one.

Casey should have played the entire fourth quarter against Baylor but nope. It's why I'm firmly for firing Herman. I don't hate the guy, nor do/did I want to see him do anything other than succeed, but this is murder watching us be a different team each quarter.

We've establlished a tradition since Mack was hired: we never give second team QBs snaps where they do anything but  hand the ball off. Mack and Greg left QBs in even if we led by 24 going into the fourth quarter. Now we never lead by that much going into the fourth quarter.

Thus, once again when we rely too much on Sam (and he suffers a predictable injury), we'll trot out a guy who is an unknown. It's not that guy's fault.

I fear OSU chops us up and demonstrates what to do with a big lead in the fourth quarter. We'll have a strong fourth quarter in garbage time against their scrubs who will be getting valuable experience.

I can hardly wait. 

spacer.png

You expect me to cheer?

No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die.

Edited by RomaVicta

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Sam needs to start thinking about the rest of his life. How many more shots to the head can he take?

4 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Also, the line is oSu -4

still free money.  Chubbawumba and Sanders are going to chew this shitty D up.   what these guys don't take into account also is our crappy special teams, especially punting.  our punter is good for 1 or 2 "turnovers" a game.

chuba gets about 165 on the ground and 3 td's but the real story will be some no name slot receiver whos 3rd cousin works at the book store at texas going for 225 yards and 2 scores.

Texas scores 10 points,  6 people get injured, and Kai money takes over at running back. Herman goes for it 6 times on 4th down and all the damage is done in the 3rd qtr 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 10:59 AM, Jive Turkey said:

Vegas is in a giving mood. This is free money. 

No shit. Where would I, um, go to, um, get into this sort of thing if I was so inclined? (Just checked The Score app and line is Texas +3.5 now.)

Edited by C-Man

10 hours ago, C-Man said:

No shit. Where would I, um, go to, um, get into this sort of thing if I was so inclined? (Just checked The Score app and line is Texas +3.5 now.)

If you haven't already, don't start betting on Texas football. It's something I said I'd never do again after I lost a $500 bankroll taking the Texas ML against osu in 2018. 

Since then I have proceeded to lose more money doing it because I am too much of an idiot to learn my lesson. 

On 10/25/2020 at 6:08 PM, dcar00 said:

our punter is good for 1 or 2 "turnovers" a game.

I've been one of the biggest supporters of the guy, mostly because I knew he would be unfairly compared to his cousin. 

Aside from a few blocking issues, he must be sharing Herman's heat down under because I'm not sure wtf happened with him. He's making me sweat everytime we punt... which is a lot more than we should in this "ball control" offense (thanks, Tom.)

looking at who OSU has played, compared to us, Yes I realize we are 1-3 plays away from undefeated and our defense couldnt stop shit if it ate cheese for a week. But 3.5 is a tasty line and i really wanna place some money down, but on paper, we look like we should seriously win handedly  fuck

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I've been one of the biggest supporters of the guy, mostly because I knew he would be unfairly compared to his cousin. 

Aside from a few blocking issues, he must be sharing Herman's heat down under because I'm not sure wtf happened with him. He's making me sweat everytime we punt... which is a lot more than we should in this "ball control" offense (thanks, Tom.)

he can only really punt consistently when he does rugby style.  teams are taking that away.

1 hour ago, NOMAAA said:

feels like that aggy/florida game a couple weeks ago that i got suckered in to. 

Nope.

Florida's D has been embarrassed by Ole Miss. I knew UF would have problems. 

Texas will lose by double digits in Stillwater. 

On 10/25/2020 at 1:05 PM, RomaVicta said:

We've establlished a tradition since Mack was hired: we never give second team QBs snaps where they do anything but  hand the ball off. Mack and Greg left QBs in even if we led by 24 going into the fourth quarter. Now we never lead by that much going into the fourth quarter.

What do you mean?

In 2009 Colt played against Nebraska and OU in the 4th. Every other game has was hanging out on the sidelines in the 3rd quarter for the most part. Nordgren had lots of field time during the VY days.

When we were good we rarely left our QB in....