2022 Senate Elections

Ghost of LL

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

she's lost - the white house, house, senate, georgia and az. how that dumb cunt has a leadership position is beyond me 

and excellent move brining in newt gingrich hahahahaha that dumb ass probably doesn't even know where he's at

Wherever he is, he's probably cheating on his wife. 

• Haha 5

McDaniel – who was joined by former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, the architect of the party’s House takeover in the 1994 midterm election – also said Republican small donors had been “decimated” by the lagging economy. 

What she is not saying is that they their small donors give it all to Trump, who won't share any of it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, C-Man said:

This (if accurate) seems like a good sign. I'd love to see Little Marco go down in FLA.

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 12.07.16 PM.png

I'm calling that an outlier until I see otherwise. Rubio had a decent lead in all polls and led in this poll (UNF) by 12 six months ago. 

HOWEVER, this is the first poll conducted since then, and we all know what has happened in that interim. 

Just now, The Dog said:

I'm calling that an outlier until I see otherwise. Rubio had a decent lead in all polls and led in this poll (UNF) by 12 six months ago. 

HOWEVER, this is the first poll conducted since then, and we all know what has happened in that interim. 

Cubans are a bad voting bloc.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

she's lost - the white house, house, senate, georgia and az. how that dumb cunt has a leadership position is beyond me 

and excellent move brining in newt gingrich hahahahaha that dumb ass probably doesn't even know where he's at

she deserves employee of the decade

-The Democratic Party

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not a fan of the anti-Muslim messaging going on here. I would hope that fetterman disavows this ad.

I have the same feeling. This ad isn't for me, but might be effective in suppressing support in rural PA. Gloves are off, and I support whatever is effective.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Agree on the Muslim messaging.  But his close ties to Turkey should be an issue.

This. I honestly didn't know he had Turkish citizenship. I don't think anyone with a state level or higher position should be allowed to serve while being the citizen of another country. 

Just now, FirstTimeCaller said:

This. I honestly didn't know he had Turkish citizenship. I don't think anyone with a state level or higher position should be allowed to serve while being the citizen of another country. 

I don't see it as a huge deal. I bet Mayra Flores is still a Mexican citizen. The issue is whether you're serving two masters, as it seems Oz would be

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

This (if accurate) seems like a good sign. I'd love to see Little Marco go down in FLA.

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 12.07.16 PM.png

The same poll had Crist losing the Dem primary by 4 points. They only counted people identified as Dem voters. Instead Crist won that primary this week by 15 points. Seems like the Univ of North Florida needs to rethink their methodology.

35 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I don’t think polls will be within 7 points of the actual results this fall

That’s why I like some of the analysis on 538. They take into account how well or poorly the polls have performed in the past. It’s a big reason why 538 has Vance in the lead in OH even though the polls show otherwise.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not a fan of the anti-Muslim messaging going on here. I would hope that fetterman disavows this ad.

It’s not anti Muslim. It’s pointing out his “mosque” is an arm of the Turkish state. Saying that is islamophobic is no different than saying criticism of zionists’ goals for Palestine is anti-Semitic 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

It’s not anti Muslim. It’s pointing out his “mosque” is an arm of the Turkish state. Saying that is islamophobic is no different than saying criticism of zionists’ goals for Palestine is anti-Semitic 

I agree with that.  It doesn't say a damned thing about him being a Muslim; it says that his Mosque is part of the Turkish government.

The entire focus is on his Turkish citizenship and loyalties, not his religion.  And that's what you'd expect from the Armenians, which is who funded the ad.

And yeah--I think Oz's citizenship and friendliness with the Turkish regime is pretty fair game.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The same poll had Crist losing the Dem primary by 4 points. They only counted people identified as Dem voters. Instead Crist won that primary this week by 15 points. Seems like the Univ of North Florida needs to rethink their methodology.

A poll that only polls democrats has a democratic candidate beating GOP counterpart by 4 points?

I cannot imagine a more catastrophic poll for a candidate if true.

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

A poll that only polls democrats has a democratic candidate beating GOP counterpart by 4 points?

I cannot imagine a more catastrophic poll for a candidate if true.

Maybe I wasn’t clear.  The poll for Crist and Fried were only Dems since it was a poll about the Dem governor primary. I was only pointing out how badly that poll had the Crist primary race.

if they polled so poorly with the Dem primary, I don’t put much weight in their Rubio/Demings poll which included both republicans and Dems.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I know it was a typo, but the thought of a pickled Gingrich makes sense.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, GopherRock said:

The bigger point is that I'm VERY skeptical of potential leads in Florida and Ohio until more polling closer to the wire keeps showing it. 

Ryan is doing a really good job in Ohio. Also I think Ohio is winnable for the dems in midterm years. Ohio seems to have a shitload of trump fans who only vote if trump is on the ballot. There’s millions of people all over the country who only vote when trump is on the ballot and love trump for that matter.

im starting to believe Ohio is close. McConnell just approved a huge $30 million ad buy. That’s not something you do if the race is put away or if the GOP is comfortable.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

im starting to believe Ohio is close. McConnell just approved a huge $30 million ad buy. That’s not something you do if the race is put away or if the GOP is comfortable.

Agree. They don’t exactly have tens of millions to just throw around anywhere. 

4 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Ryan is doing a really good job in Ohio. Also I think Ohio is winnable for the dems in midterm years. Ohio seems to have a shitload of trump fans who only vote if trump is on the ballot. There’s millions of people all over the country who only vote when trump is on the ballot and love trump for that matter.

It is. The private polling has been pretty bad for Vance. 

21 hours ago, The Dog said:

It would be awesome to watch some long established incumbents like Rubio and Johnson fall.  Mitch can talk about "candidate quality" all he wants, but when people who used to win elections can no longer win elections, that's not candidate quality.  That's a party who is out of step with the American public.  There are no Biden coattails here. There is no economic boom helping the majority party.  For Republican incumbents to lose in this environment would be a huge warning sign for the GOP. Having it happen in swings states like Florida and Wisconsin would put it in flashing neon.  

Edited by Tuco
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Tuco said:

It would be awesome to watch some long established incumbents like Rubio and Johnson fall.  Mitch can talk about "candidate quality" all he wants, but when people who used to win elections can no longer win elections, that's not candidate quality.  That's a party who is out of step with the American public.  There are no Biden coattails here. There is no economic boom helping the majority party.  For Republican incumbents to lose in this environment would be a huge warning sign for the GOP. Having it happen in swings states like Florida and Wisconsin would make put it in flashing neon.  

That's a good point about the struggling incumbents.

However, I think Mitch is right about candidate quality when talking about places like Ohio and other non-incumbent races - that should be a layup and now it's a real possibility that Vance loses. Not only is he a bad candidate he's not raising money and they have to bail him out. 

Edited by The Dog

8 minutes ago, The Dog said:

That's a good point about the struggling incumbents.

However, I think Mitch is right about candidate quality when talking about places like Ohio and other non-incumbent races - that should be a layup and now it's a real possibility that Vance loses. Not only is he a bad candidate he's not raising money and they have to bail him out. 

Oh, without a doubt, they are putting up shit candidates like Oz and Walker.  But that's a symptom of the same disease. Those candidates are being nominated by the Republican party. Over 50% of Republican voters in Georgia looked at Walker and not only said, "that guy should be a Senator" but also said, "that guy will win the general." They are that out of touch. 

2 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Over 50% of Republican voters in Georgia looked at Walker and not only said, "that guy should be a Senator" but also said, "that guy will win the general." They are that out of touch. 

We’ll see in November. I’m not so sure they’re wrong about his chances of winning.

34 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Oh, without a doubt, they are putting up shit candidates like Oz and Walker.  But that's a symptom of the same disease. Those candidates are being nominated by the Republican party. Over 50% of Republican voters in Georgia looked at Walker and not only said, "that guy should be a Senator" but also said, "that guy will win the general." They are that out of touch. 

You have 2 sides of the GOP: establishment (McConnell) and the grass root efforts (Trump, Oz, Walker.) The weight of the two sides have flipped over the past decade.

McConnell believes he actually represents the true GOP and his side does not put up shit candidates like Oz or Walker. In reality, few GOP voters are aligned with McConnell and his views. They want the reality TV (Oz, Trump) or crazy people (Trump, Walker.)

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Hell to be honest I’d vote for Murkowski if she was on my ballot for 2 reasons.  She is a good senator, way better than the ones Texas has and the MAGA crew hates her.  She’s the only Republican senator I’d vote for tho. Id have to vote against collins because we need all the northeast senate seats. Dems probably have a less than 5% chance of taking Alaska anyway.

• Hook 'Em 2