Horns @ Pokes | Herman’s Death March | 3p CT FOX [41-34 final]

Henry Hill

9 minutes ago, 'stache said:

We will never make the playoff. It’ll never happen in my lifetime nor my kids not their kids nor ever. This was the only year we had even a remote chance. And we blew it as we always do. Four fucking turnovers against an unranked team with two losses. This has to be hilarious from the outside but goddamnit I just want one year. One, and I’d be happy with that one year. I’ve turned to other hobbies and interests but I let myself care again for this year only. What a fucking mistake. I wish I could be like some of my friends who don’t follow these games at all and don’t care. I want more than anything to be capable of not caring anymore. Congrats guys. Order has been restored. We won’t bother you anymore under Urban Meyer.

Dude, your team is Oklahoma State. Not even regular Oklahoma. Does Switzerland or Granada get pissed off because they can't win a world war? Does Wolverhampton get pissed off because they're not winning a champions league? 

No, because that's not their place. Oklahoma state will never compete for a national championship because it's impossible. It's out of your level. A Texas is capable with the right mix of winning a title. You aren't.

Just focus your sights on being the conference champion every now and then and being the best in Oklahoma once a decade or so. Those are realistically attainable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

In your dreams. ISU will kick our ass. 

No one is kicking our ass. Tom rarely gets his ass kicked. He just coaches a team with no discipline or a creative offensive system, so games where we should legitimately be kicking their ass turns into 1 possession games that go into OT.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Dude, your team is Oklahoma State. Not even regular Oklahoma. Does Switzerland or Granada get pissed off because they can't win a world war? Does Wolverhampton get pissed off because they're not winning a champions league? 

No, because that's not their place. Oklahoma state will never compete for a national championship because it's impossible. It's out of your level. A Texas is capable with the right mix of winning a title. You aren't.

Just focus your sights on being the conference champion every now and then and being the best in Oklahoma once a decade or so. Those are realistically attainable. 

Oklahoma State is less removed from receiving season's end #1 AP votes than Texas.

12 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

no shit, wtf

exactly.  we had 2 phantom OPI, one phantom DPI at minimum and exactly ZERO holding calls on OSU OL despit Ossai being dragged down multiple times.  They also had OL downfield all game that went uncalled until the very end when the guy was 9 yards downfield past the receiver even.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dbeasy said:

We are about to pass up Saban and Meyer in an eight year period aren’t we.

yep.  this league is garbage and we have an experienced team and can't do shit.  Herman is a .600 type coach.  every game is close and you are just going to lose some of those games.  my fear is we lose multiple late.  miss on Urban and fuck the whole recruiting class.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I don’t expect to be a blue blood. I know where we are in the pecking order. I just wanted one magical year. It’s happened for others but not us and I’ve pretty much given up all hope that even one special year is possible.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

We will never make the playoff. It’ll never happen in my lifetime nor my kids not their kids nor ever. This was the only year we had even a remote chance. And we blew it as we always do. Four fucking turnovers against an unranked team with two losses. This has to be hilarious from the outside but goddamnit I just want one year. One, and I’d be happy with that one year. I’ve turned to other hobbies and interests but I let myself care again for this year only. What a fucking mistake. I wish I could be like some of my friends who don’t follow these games at all and don’t care. I want more than anything to be capable of not caring anymore. Congrats guys. Order has been restored. We won’t bother you anymore under Urban Meyer.

This^ is close to what it feels like to be a Texas fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Shit man they tried. 12 penalties for 142 yards. They couldn't account for 4 OSU TOs and their kick coverage unit playing grab dick with themselves.

they absolutely tried.   I have to say we made Sanders beat us and he kept fucking up.  

5 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I'm going to quote myself bc this is still my feeling with the game over.

All today proves is that this team was capable of much more with the appropriate preparation. Anything positive Tom did for himself tonight is equally damning of the job he did against tech, tcu, and ou.

He should still be gone, but I'm really happy for the players who deserved the win.

Our O was a complete disaster save 2 drives.  The DB's were lost for 80% of the game.   OSU had to have a complete TO meltdown(yes 2 were forced) and a special teams blow up to lose.

of course, he should be gone.  we shouldn't be losing to any of these teams this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I don’t expect to be a blue blood. I know where we are in the pecking order. I just wanted one magical year. It’s happened for others but not us and I’ve pretty much given up all hope that even one special year is possible.

2011 was your shot man.  It should’ve been OSU playing, not Bama.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

Our O was a complete disaster save 2 drives.  The DB's were lost for 80% of the game.   OSU had to have a complete TO meltdown(yes 2 were forced) and a special teams blow up to lose.

of course, he should be gone.  we shouldn't be losing to any of these teams this year.

Yeah that was as ugly a win as you could hope for.  Nasty.  U-G-L-Y.

Four TOs and you go to OT?  Offensive futility to infinity.

17 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Welcome to my world.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I'm going to quote myself bc this is still my feeling with the game over.

All today proves is that this team was capable of much more with the appropriate preparation. Anything positive Tom did for himself tonight is equally damning of the job he did against tech, tcu, and ou.

He should still be gone, but I'm really happy for the players who deserved the win.

100% this. I'm cool occasionally winning games we aren't supposed to win. I'm fed up with losing games that shouldn't be a problem. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, 'stache said:

somethings-happening-to-my-special-purpose.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1