the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

9 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Yep, the clap makes you lose your mind as it progresses, lots of those “mad king” stories have a nexus to syphilis. Antibiotics are an amazing thing. 

Syphilis is not "the clap".  That's gonorrhea.  (Yes, syphilis does lead to mental disorders in later stages.)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I’m beginning to think that Lin Wood may be...what’s the expression...”crazier than a shithouse rat.” Seriously, he’s bonafide fucking insane, and should not be practicing law.

The fact that he is still practicing law (assuming he still does things in that capacity and isn’t just a Twitter loon now) brings your profession’s disciplinary procedures into serious question.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

The "Deep State" is, in this case, The Constitution.

That's the thing Trump's supporters now oppose.

The thing is, if Fox News or OAN wanted to, they could have legions of Republicans repeating, "The Constitution was written by a bunch of Northeastern libtards and it ought to be outlawed!"

While utterly predictable, it is fascinating watching the mental contortions after each failed court case and bogus allegation to conclude that it must be the deep state's immense reach silencing the truth. Somehow, the less evidence of a deep state conspiracy ring, the more likely it is to exist. They've put themselves in a position to never be wrong.

• Like 1

11 of 52 isn’t that impressive. That’s 80% of the GOP conference uninterested in sucking tiny orange peen. Especially considering 4 aren’t even sworn in yet and Mitch can make life hell for them 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

11 of 52 isn’t that impressive. That’s 80% of the GOP conference uninterested in sucking tiny orange peen. Especially considering 4 aren’t even sworn in yet and Mitch can make life hell for them 

Rand Paul will almost certainly object. He’s just being a cagey turd about it like he does with everything. 

48 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Lankford? Jesus that’s disappointing .

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

25 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Rand Paul will almost certainly object. He’s just being a cagey turd about it like he does with everything. 

Probably. I don’t see it being more than 13-15. If it even gets to 15. I do wonder if Mitch and GOP leadership like Thune and Cornyn lean on them to let it go or risk losing good committeeships or 2022 fundraising access. 

Im assuming already that the incoming 4 are already on leadership’s bad side. 

I’m beginning to think that Lin Wood may be...what’s the expression...”crazier than a shithouse rat.” Seriously, he’s bonafide fucking insane, and should not be practicing law.

Not so sure about that last part.* Would pay-per-view to see his oral arguments.

At this point all his clients assume the risk of mind numbing, Rule 11 sanctioning, bat-shittery.

* yeah, should not be practicing

If we win the GA seats, we HAVE TO pass a new Electoral Count Act and at least up the threshold to challenging electoral votes to 75% in both chambers. Just 51 in the Senate or 218 in the House being enough to overturn an entire election is horse shit.  You want to throw it out? Get 75 Senate votes and 327 House votes, assholes. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

You think it's going to end with dotard leaving.  It's not.  Rs are going to continue for the next 4 years and if they lose again, it will continue on after that.

while it may be a temporary headache, that's probably what needs to happen. the R side is a rudderless ship right now and they are the ones that disabled it. either they reform and resurrect a viable conservative party, or they fracture and become less effective over time. either way, win-win for the rest of us

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If we win the GA seats, we HAVE TO pass a new Electoral Count Act and at least up the threshold to challenging electoral votes to 75% in both chambers. Just 51 in the Senate or 218 in the House being enough to overturn an entire election is horse shit.  You want to throw it out? Get 75 Senate votes and 327 House votes, assholes. 

yeah, it should be the same threshold as an impeachment conviction, since it's essentially granting the same results.

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I mean, it's just a "promise" to follow the popular vote.  It's not a law.  Not sure what SCOTUS could say.

It won’t matter. You won’t find enough states worth 270 with friendly enough D legislatures and governors to pass it. It’s only at 196 and the only state I see with the ability to pass it soon is NV. 

And there’s not 38 states to ratify an amendment. 

The best we can do right now is reform the Electoral Count Act and make it harder to pass challenges. 

21 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Lin, instead of saying "Allie, Thee, Motley, & Crew cannot read. They can only rely on their God-given instincts.", I think you meant to say "Allie, Thee, Motley, & Crew cannot read. They can only rely on their Dog-given instincts."

I think the main point is that those 4 dogs are not suffering from insanity.

Maybe Lin isn't either. He's so over the top that I suspect he's pulling some Andy Kaufman performance art bit, for an audience of him.

25 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I mean, it's just a "promise" to follow the popular vote.  It's not a law.  Not sure what SCOTUS could say.

And given that it's a choice of the state legislatures, not much the Supremes could or would say, I don't think.  But it's politically impractical.

Edited by TwiceHorn

10 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I think the main point is that those 4 dogs are not suffering from insanity.

Maybe Lin isn't either. He's so over the top that I suspect he's pulling some Andy Kaufman performance art bit, for an audience of him.

i might agree that it is some awful shitshow on his part.  But it apparently extends into his private/professional life if you look at that lawsuit.

• Like 1