the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

many people, myself included, have said similar things - come out in march, say we're all in this together, and cruise to reelection.
but the type of person who's capable of that probably doesn't become president the way trump did in the first place.  can't have it both ways, and the result was absolutely predictable.

Masks makes the make-up smear and compounds denture and aphasia problems. Wasnt gonna happen.

But mask-wearing alone wasnt going to be enough. Difficult decisions needed to be made and experts needed to be consulted. Great leaders would have to beg, borrow, and steal to keep shit together. And dotard only knows how to steal.
  • Like 1

This is the Rubicon that not enough folks realize has already been crossed. The standard has now been set, even though the GOP didn’t have the numbers to make the ultimate result happen.

If the GOP controls Congress when a Dem wins the presidency in the future, they will do what they have already told us they will do. We should believe them. And then, we will have a war. A real one. With lots of dead people.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

The new buzz is dominion machines were hacked “live” at the Georgia state senate today. Anyone know what this bullshit is about?

From what I can tell: the usual. Rudy brings loud, brash character actors to hearing, and commences sound and fury. Democrat politicians in the room seem thrown off because they were blindsided by this "evidence"...as is the intention. Rudy wins the day for his OANN viewers who believe they just witnessed the smoking gun. This "expert" is never attached to any of their court cases where they can be cross-examined by real lawyers, and they eventually are found out to be just a dude working at Best Buy. But, by then, their allegations are already gospel to a certain crowd, and none of the facts actually matter.

I'm just spit-balling. Sound about right?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This is the Rubicon that not enough folks realize has already been crossed. The standard has now been set, even though the GOP didn’t have the numbers to make the ultimate result happen.

If the GOP controls Congress when a Dem wins the presidency in the future, they will do what they have already told us they will do. We should believe them. And then, we will have a war. A real one. With lots of dead people.

What’s really galling is that Congress has happily and extensively abdicated their real and extensive Article I powers and responsibilities and scraped before the imperial presidency. And now, instead of rediscovering them and using them to govern, they’re just trying to ensure the imperial president is one of their own.  To be sure, Democrats have hardly covered themselves in glory and no modern POTUS has acted to restrain the power of his office. But the bulk of the blame for Congress being either a lapdog to the President or a pure obstruction—- like a log or a big hole in the ground— lies with the party that “loves the Constitution.”

These efforts for subservient legislators to prop up and install an imperial President are tyranny of the purest sort. An educated ancient Roman or Athenian who was wormholed to the future would recognize them immediately. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

From what I can tell: the usual. Rudy brings loud, brash character actors to hearing, and commences sound and fury. Democrat politicians in the room seem thrown off because they were blindsided by this "evidence"...as is the intention. Rudy wins the day for his OANN viewers who believe they just witnessed the smoking gun. This "expert" is never attached to any of their court cases where they can be cross-examined by real lawyers, and they eventually are found out to be just a dude working at Best Buy. But, by then, their allegations are already gospel to a certain crowd, and none of the facts actually matter.

I'm just spit-balling. Sound about right?

From all I’ve seen, there are some security vulnerabilities with Domion (and all machines).  By the same token, I am sure that any decent IT pro— to say nothing of the GRU or Chinese intel— could get into my laptop in short order. That means all those late night Amazon purchases when I was drunk are FrAuD!1!

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

What’s really galling is that Congress has happily and extensively abdicated their real and extensive Article I powers and responsibilities and scraped before the imperial presidency. And now, instead of rediscovering them and using them to govern, they’re just trying to ensure the imperial president is one of their own.  To be sure, Democrats have hardly covered themselves in glory and no modern POTUS has acted to restrain the power of his office. But the bulk of the blame for Congress being either a lapdog to the President or a pure obstruction—- like a log or a big hole in the ground— lies with the party that “loves the Constitution.”

These efforts for subservient legislators to prop up and install an imperial President are tyranny of the purest sort. An educated ancient Roman or Athenian who was wormholed to the future would recognize them immediately. 

They would, but blah blah blah BBQBeerFreedom blah blah blah American Exceptionalism blah blah blah George Washington

12 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

The new buzz is dominion machines were hacked “live” at the Georgia state senate today. Anyone know what this bullshit is about?

They said one of the machines appeared to be connected to the WiFi system in the building, but again that has to be taken for what it's worth:

1. Even if that was true, it still doesn't address the reality (I'm seeing a theme already) that the voting machines print out the ballot and that they're checked against a counter. If there were widespread fraud in the form of this kind of hacking, there would have been discrepancies out the ass. Also, there would have been a slew of complaints by Trump voters that "my ballot had me voting for Joe Biden when I specifically selected Trump." Did we see this anywhere? Well we did see one guy try to vote for Trump twice by pretending to be his dead mother...but that's really it.

2. Demonstrating a possibility absolutely does not mean that the alleged phenomena in question happened. I call this the William F. Buckley Fallacy. Buckley was fond of putting certain guests on his Firing Line show against certain hypotheticals. He counted on those guests to concede the possibility of said hypotheticals, then he'd make the huge leap to "well if it's possible, that means it happened!" That's what the Trump supporting lawyers are counting on with these demonstrations: that if you can demonstrate it's even possible to (sort of) hack one machine, then it must have actually happened and on a scale too massive to even comprehend. 

So this is still more of the same: bells and whistles, colors and lights, smoke and mirrors, whatever phrase you fancy, but it has nothing to do with "evidence" of massive voter fraud. 

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

They said one of the machines appeared to be connected to the WiFi system in the building, but again that has to be taken for what it's worth:

That sounds like bullshit.  One of Texas' complaints about Dominion machines was the presence of ethernet ports.  If there had been wifi cards, I'm sure that would have made the list.  Of course, that doesn't preclude a dongle or some other means of connecting a machine to wifi or other network interfaces. 

I don't think the GOP will die.  Americans are too lazy to turn out in 2024 like they did in 2020.  I will not be at all shocked if the GOP retakes the Oval Office.  Even if GA flips the Senate to 50/50 I would be surprised to see it hold for long.

The only solace I take is that demographics are shifting.  Olds are dying, (some) kids are voting, and red states like Texas are moving towards blue.  It won't happen by 2024, though.  I am not hopeful.

• Rage+1 1

21 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

1. Even if that was true, it still doesn't address the reality (I'm seeing a theme already) that the voting machines print out the ballot and that they're checked against a counter. If there were widespread fraud in the form of this kind of hacking, there would have been discrepancies out the ass. Also, there would have been a slew of complaints by Trump voters that "my ballot had me voting for Joe Biden when I specifically selected Trump." Did we see this anywhere? Well we did see one guy try to vote for Trump twice by pretending to be his dead mother...but that's really it.

2. Demonstrating a possibility absolutely does not mean that the alleged phenomena in question happened. I call this the William F. Buckley Fallacy. Buckley was fond of putting certain guests on his Firing Line show against certain hypotheticals. He counted on those guests to concede the possibility of said hypotheticals, then he'd make the huge leap to "well if it's possible, that means it happened!" That's what the Trump supporting lawyers are counting on with these demonstrations: that if you can demonstrate it's even possible to (sort of) hack one machine, then it must have actually happened and on a scale too massive to even comprehend. 

So this is still more of the same: bells and whistles, colors and lights, smoke and mirrors, whatever phrase you fancy, but it has nothing to do with "evidence" of massive voter fraud. 

Polling pads connect to internet to download voter data from state servers. Polling pads are not voting machines. 

It’s intentionally misleading. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't think the GOP will die.  Americans are too lazy to turn out in 2024 like they did in 2020.  I will not be at all shocked if the GOP retakes the Oval Office.  Even if GA flips the Senate to 50/50 I would be surprised to see it hold for long.

The only solace I take is that demographics are shifting.  Olds are dying, (some) kids are voting, and red states like Texas are moving towards blue.  It won't happen by 2024, though.  I am not hopeful.

So long as guys like Toby Keith or Lee Greenwood can make a living outside of disability fraud, there will be millions of "I don't know about politics, but I know what I like" voters.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I am by no means a chess master, but I have played a little.  The move Baron is making is not impressive, rather it seems stupid to me.  He has rooked the king to that side of the board, so moving that pawn weakens the king's defence.  Also, it is hard to see the exact situation on the board, but it looks to me like the black queen may be in jeopardy from the remaining white knight.  If so, that looks like the better move to me.

@Pato del Muerto, I see 16 white pieces.  There are two pawns lined up between the white king and white knight, but together they almost look like another bishop.

Mainly this picture looks to me like any of a number of "Hitler plays with small child" or "Stalin pats young boy on head" style pictures that dictators are fond of so that they can look like normal humans.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Mainly this picture looks to me like any of a number of "Hitler plays with small child" or "Stalin pats young boy on head" style pictures that dictators are fond of so that they can look like normal humans.

Pretty big leap to call Barron a dictator.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I am by no means a chess master, but I have played a little.  The move Baron is making is not impressive, rather it seems stupid to me.  He has rooked the king to that side of the board, so moving that pawn weakens the king's defence.  Also, it is hard to see the exact situation on the board, but it looks to me like the black queen may be in jeopardy from the remaining white knight.  If so, that looks like the better move to me.

@Pato del Muerto, I see 16 white pieces.  There are two pawns lined up between the white king and white knight, but together they almost look like another bishop.

Barron is old enough in that picture to know what happens when he doesn’t let dad win. 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, 4th_and_18 said:

Is white King on four squares? Not even a good fake picture. I imagine a really good chess player could take one look and tell if that particular game is even possible.

well it was part of that horrid photoshoot with all the gold furniture and barron riding the wooden horse or whatever.

if you've noticed, there aren't a whole lot of candid photos or videos of trump around, especially with children.  i mean, there are a few, but epstein is also in those.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah, the photograph is from 2016.  If Donald and Barron were legitimate chess masters, I have a real hard time believing it would have remained a secret for 5 years.  

I'm no master myself, but I'm pretty good.  And I have no fucking idea what is going on with that board.  It's convenient that the photographer happened to show up as the game was "tied", meaning both father and son are brilliant strategists.  I started playing chess with my daughter a year ago when she was 4.  And I've never sat next to her, we always play across from one another.  But then again, I'm not a pedophile.  

It's common for Presidents in the last weeks in office to go legacy shopping.  Usually something in the foreign policy realm.  Trump is trying to retroactively claim he was a good father and a master at chess?  A curious and rather ironic gambit on his part.