Bijan Robinson is special

SDG

30 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I’m sold after a few pre season touches, I’m taking him with my first pick in fantasy if available. 

Yeah my league is 12 teams and I don't know where I'm drafting yet but if some other cunt gets him I'm going to be terribly vexed.

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Someone tell that dipshit how to pronounce his name. 

6 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Yeah my league is 12 teams and I don't know where I'm drafting yet but if some other cunt gets him I'm going to be terribly vexed.

He isn't lasting past pick 15 even in all aggy leagues. 

• Like 1

Really happy for Bijan, he's a great ambassador for his former school and going to have a hell of an NFL career.

Having said that, can you imagine our offense this year if NIL had made it worthwhile to come back for one more? Holy shitballs batman...his first NFL run (admittedly preseason and against the Bungles) was better than his first couple touches as a Longhorn iirc.

Really happy for Bijan, he's a great ambassador for his former school and going to have a hell of an NFL career.

Having said that, can you imagine our offense this year if NIL had made it worthwhile to come back for one more? Holy shitballs batman...his first NFL run (admittedly preseason and against the Bungles) was better than his first couple touches as a Longhorn iirc.

Yes - his 1st carry last week saw a DB tackle “air”!

Hook’em!!!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/38235263/evaluating-all-259-picks-2023-nfl-draft-training-camp-preseason

Round 1 (No. 8): Bijan Robinson, RB. Robinson has shown he can be everything people thought he might be when Atlanta took him at No. 8 overall. He's a dynamic, explosive runner who could also end up as the Falcons' slot receiver. He's going to play a ton of snaps for Atlanta this season, and even if he doesn't receive the most carries, he should end up with the most combined touches/targets of any Falcons skill position player.

His signing bonus was 14 mil.
I know Texas has money but that's a steep ask for NIL.
I'm not suggesting NIL can match what the NFL can pay a first rounder. A player of Bijan's quality is always better leaving as soon as they can, and for a RB these days 8th overall is the best case scenario.

Having said that, I can see NIL opportunities making it easier for players who are advised to stay in school another year to do so, and some will improve their draft order that way or even potentially go from undrafted to landing a contract in a later round.

30 minutes ago, ousux said:

I'm not suggesting NIL can match what the NFL can pay a first rounder. A player of Bijan's quality is always better leaving as soon as they can, and for a RB these days 8th overall is the best case scenario.

Having said that, I can see NIL opportunities making it easier for players who are advised to stay in school another year to do so, and some will improve their draft order that way or even potentially go from undrafted to landing a contract in a later round.

I'm just saying - not sure NIL would ever make it worthwhile. 

I'm happy he's in the NFL. It's almost better for our program for him to be selected so high and hopefully have a great season. It shows other RBs there's a path to the league at Texas. 

On 8/24/2023 at 6:59 PM, msucolt45 said:

I’ll be damned! Came home earlier than usual, so that I could see Bijan vs the Steelers! No Bijan, so I digress!

Hook’em!!!

Yeah I was excited because it used to be the 3rd preseason game was the one where you could see the starters...but now that there are only 3 preseason games and not 4 week 2 is the week where you see starters, apparently.  I think Bijan got like 1 series in week 2...

• Like 1

I'm just saying - not sure NIL would ever make it worthwhile. 
I'm happy he's in the NFL. It's almost better for our program for him to be selected so high and hopefully have a great season. It shows other RBs there's a path to the league at Texas. 
My comment was pure fantasy as far as Bijan is concerned, but Wittington coming back this season was made muuuch easier due to NIL, and I think the offense will be better for it.
  • Like 1