Jeff Fisher Still Sucks

SomeoneYouKnow

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Last night during the Rams-Vikings game, they said the Rams were shit before McVey arrived and that there was basically zero chance of Goff developing ino what he is today.

Thought of the Fisher haters immediately.  Time keeps proving you sunsabeeches more correct every day.

Honestly, I feel bad for anyone close to him that has to live with him day to day.  You don't have to be a psychiatrist to glean that this kind of behavior likely translates to a very bitter and unpleasant person that is not happy in life for whatever reason.  VY moving on and both writing the letter and coming to grips with his own failings in the past is exceptionally good for him whether anyone responded or not, and I am pretty confident he is the happier person right now, which is all that counts frankly.

• Like 4

As angry as it still makes me that Fisher ruined Vince's career, I take solace in the fact that history will view both of them how it should.  Vince will be remembered as a great guy who was a winner.  People will remember him calling his shot after beating Michigan in the Rose Bowl and backing it up.  People will remember 4th and 5.  His legend is assured and he's a guy who deserves it.  Vince was amazing on the field and he's shown himself to be an amazing human being off the field.

Meanwhile, what will Fisher be remembered for?  Being a hateful loser.  Even his greatest success in taking the Titans to the SB will always be remembered for them falling short.  And guess what?  He deserves it, too.

• Like 3

Tell me I'm remembering this correctly and not being homer:

Vince Young wins Rookie of the Year.  Goes to probowl the next year (I think he swapped in for Brady who opted out).  He is definitely more of a running QB in Norm Chow's offense, but an average passer.

Norm Chow gets fired and Vince gets hurt.  Kerry Collins has a decent year.

The following year, the Titans lose their first 6 with Collins.   VY goes in and finishes 8-2.  Passing is definitely improved.  Fisher is pissed that he can't start Collins.  Comeback POY nominee.

The following year, VY starts actually putting up pocket-passer numbers and isn't running as much.  He is the stat leader in ESPN's new QBR and has a passer rating near 100. 

Then, he jams his thumb and Fisher holds him out despite being cleared by training staff.  Fisher goes with Rusty Smith.  Kenny Britt is fined for wearing a towel with VY10 on it.  Other teammates are vocally opposing or less than supportive of the move.  He gets a Probowl selection and gets cut by the Fisher.

Edited by JBJ
  • Like 5

Think about this ... VY won almost 2/3 of his starts under Fisher, even with Fisher completely misusing him, marginalizing his strengths, & making him play to his weaknesses. People are raving about Goff now and rightfully so. He was winless under Fisher and is 15-4 since. Think VY coulda done significantly better than 30-17 with a different coach? Yeah, I do.

Anyone who thinks Fisher didn't massively limit VY's production is a fucking idiot.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2018 at 2:18 PM, wood said:

Think about this ... VY won almost 2/3 of his starts under Fisher, even with Fisher completely misusing him, marginalizing his strengths, & making him play to his weaknesses. People are raving about Goff now and rightfully so. He was winless under Fisher and is 15-4 since. Think VY coulda done significantly better than 30-17 with a different coach? Yeah, I do.

Anyone who thinks Fisher didn't massively limit VY's production is a fucking idiot.

What people also forget is that Vince had almost zero help around him during his time with the Titans because of Fisher's ineptitude in the draft.

Anyone remember Roydell Williams?  Yeah, I didn't think so.  How about Ben Troupe?  Brandon Jones?  Nate "I drop almost everything thrown my direction" Washington?  Vince didn't have a receiver worth a shit outside of our boy Scaife until Kenny Britt showed up.  And it ain't like Britt was some world beater.

For some reason, the Titans kept deciding to draft RBs.  Chris Brown was a fumble prone loser.  Then Lendale White struggled to gain 4 YPC with teams having to worry about Vince running, too.  Instead of taking a guy like Jamaal, the Titans drafted Johnson who had that one amazing season (which was when Collins was the starter, IIRC) and then proceeded to fall off a cliff. 

I don't know of any QB who has had less to work with in his time in the NFL.  Usually, when you draft a guy #3 overall who you want to be your franchise QB, you go get some talent to help him out.  Guess Fisher skipped that day of Coaching/Building a Team Worth a Shit 101.  Along with Intro to Scoring Touchdowns and Not Field Goals. 

• Like 2

What people also forget is that Vince had almost zero help around him during his time with the Titans because of Fisher's ineptitude in the draft.
Anyone remember Roydell Williams?  Yeah, I didn't think so.  How about Ben Troupe?  Brandon Jones?  Nate "I drop almost everything thrown my direction" Washington?  Vince didn't have a receiver worth a shit outside of our boy Scaife until Kenny Britt showed up.  And it ain't like Britt was some world beater.
For some reason, the Titans kept deciding to draft RBs.  Chris Brown was a fumble prone loser.  Then Lendale White struggled to gain 4 YPC with teams having to worry about Vince running, too.  Instead of taking a guy like Jamaal, the Titans drafted Johnson who had that one amazing season (which was when Collins was the starter, IIRC) and then proceeded to fall off a cliff. 
I don't know of any QB who has had less to work with in his time in the NFL.  Usually, when you draft a guy #3 overall who you want to be your franchise QB, you go get some talent to help him out.  Guess Fisher skipped that day of Coaching/Building a Team Worth a Shit 101.  Along with Intro to Scoring Touchdowns and Not Field Goals. 

Nobody forgets that. He kept drafting defense and didnt give a shit about the offense. He did the same thing Wandstadt did at Miami. They are the same guy only Dave isn’t a cunt from what I can tell.

6 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

Yep. The only thing I'd change here is that CJ was best when VY was starting. His YPC, YPG, carries per TD, TDs per game, etc were ridiculous with VY in the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wood said:

Yep. The only thing I'd change here is that CJ was best when VY was starting. His YPC, YPG, carries per TD, TDs per game, etc were ridiculous with VY in the game.  

This is correct. He was leading the league in yards/attempt with VY (I want to say it was something well north of 6 ypa) and it went down significantly without VY.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2018 at 6:56 PM, Braff Zacklin said:

The incident spiraled from there. Young and Scaife both say they’d simply gone out for chicken wings, to decompress. Young’s gun was locked in his glove box, unloaded. Fisher eventually reached Young through Scaife and asked that he return to the facility, but when he did, Young says, eight police officers and a negotiator were waiting for him.

They asked for his wallet and keys. Young sat down with the negotiator. “He’s talking all slowly,” the QB recalls, “like: ‘Mr. Young . . . are you . . . O.K.? Do you . . . feel like . . . hurting yourself?’ ”

“I’m like, Dude, quit talking to me! And I’m looking at Fisher like, You can stop all this, all the suicidal talk. He’s sitting there, saying nothing. I feel like he was just laughing at that s---. The [TV] cameraman hiding in the woods—it all felt like a big setup. And now I gotta walk through the airport as the Suicidal Guy for the rest of my life.”

With Young shelved at first by his knee injury, Collins and the Titans went 13–3 that season. Young attempted a mere 36 passes in three games and took off for Cancún soon after the season ended, eager to forget 2008 forever. Upon landing, a friend called. “Pop’s gone,” the friend said, referencing McNair by his nickname. “He’s dead.”

The death of his mentor, shot by a 20-year-old girlfriend, shattered Young. “I felt like everything was going downhill for me,” he says. “Like I was all f------ alone.”

Young would earn the league’s Comeback Player of the Year honors in 2009 by taking over the 0–6 Titans and leading them to an 8–8 finish. But any progress with Fisher was temporary. In Week 11 the following season, at home against the Redskins, Young tore the flexor tendon in his right thumb. When Fisher refused to put the QB back in, he threw his shoulder pads and helmet, chucked his jersey into the stands and stalked into the locker room. As Young prepared to leave the stadium, Fisher tried to stop him. “You’re walking out on your team,” he said.

“I’m walking out on your motherf------ ass,” Young yelled back.

Fisher banned him from team meetings the following week. Young never again played for the Titans, who in turn fired Fisher that spring. (Adams would run the team until his death in 2013.)

whenever i think i'm over this particular situation, i re-read something about it and get all filled with rage again.

fisher fucked with VY's life because he felt slighted by his presence; that VY was somehow personally besmirching fisher's reputation by simply succeeding when he wasn't supposed to do so.

it's beyond petty. 

jeff fisher is a garbage human being, end of story.

4 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

This is correct. He was leading the league in yards/attempt with VY (I want to say it was something well north of 6 ypa) and it went down significantly without VY.

Yeah, here you go...

Chris Johnson without VY:

1315-5786-32 ... 4.4 ypc ... 75.1 ypg ... 32TD in 77 games ... 0.41 TD/game ... 1 TD every 41.1 carries

Chris Johnson with VY:

438-2251-19 ..... 5.1 ypc ...118.5 ypg ...19 TD in 19 games ....1.0 TD/game .....1 TD every 23.1 carries