Jeff Fisher Still Sucks

SomeoneYouKnow

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Makes you wonder how good Steve McNair really was. Guy might have been the greatest QB of all time for all we know.

That's funny. I was thinking the same thing the other day. What he did to McNair at the end + what he did to others & esp VY is just criminal.

Edited by wood

8 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
On 11/19/2018 at 11:15 PM, Vic Mackey said:
This proves coaching definitely does matter. Which makes any Dallas fan angry Garrett is still around. He's even worse than Fisher.

Garrett's not the problem.

That’s entirely possible, but what’s he shown that should make anyone believe he’s the guy who can get it done? What are his innovations? What’s his philosophical approach here?

I recognize that Dallas’ best defender is made of glass. And that the receiving corps isn’t elite. And that the OL has suffered injuries and illness. It’s not all on Garrett. But I don’t know that that means none of it is. 

And, yes, Jeff Fisher still sucks. 

Edited by Deguello
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
This proves coaching definitely does matter. Which makes any Dallas fan angry Garrett is still around. He's even worse than Fisher.

Garrett's not the problem.

He's part of the problem. I get Jerry is toxic but Garrett isn't even fit to be a position coach, much less a head coach.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Makes you wonder how good Steve McNair really was. Guy might have been the greatest QB of all time for all we know.

McNair was tough as nails and would've excelled under a competent HC. It was embarrassing how they treated him at the end locking him out of the facility, he would've made a great mentor for VY as well. Could you imagine if Goff was still stuck under Fisher?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 3:17 AM, SpiralOut said:

What people also forget is that Vince had almost zero help around him during his time with the Titans because of Fisher's ineptitude in the draft.

Anyone remember Roydell Williams?  Yeah, I didn't think so.  How about Ben Troupe?  Brandon Jones?  Nate "I drop almost everything thrown my direction" Washington?  Vince didn't have a receiver worth a shit outside of our boy Scaife until Kenny Britt showed up.  And it ain't like Britt was some world beater.

For some reason, the Titans kept deciding to draft RBs.  Chris Brown was a fumble prone loser.  Then Lendale White struggled to gain 4 YPC with teams having to worry about Vince running, too.  Instead of taking a guy like Jamaal, the Titans drafted Johnson who had that one amazing season (which was when Collins was the starter, IIRC) and then proceeded to fall off a cliff. 

I don't know of any QB who has had less to work with in his time in the NFL.  Usually, when you draft a guy #3 overall who you want to be your franchise QB, you go get some talent to help him out.  Guess Fisher skipped that day of Coaching/Building a Team Worth a Shit 101.  Along with Intro to Scoring Touchdowns and Not Field Goals. 

All of this, but I like to point out the boneheaded move of shipping his mentor, Steve McNair, out of town who was like a father figure to Vince.  No doubt McNair could've been there for Vince day in and day out for moral support.  

• Like 1

I'm glad it's so obvious now to so many people that Fisher is such a scumbag and ruined several QBs along the way ... but it was pretty fucking obvious several years ago, too, during and after this POS's systematic dismantling of VY's career. Most people just wouldn't hear it, including some people on this site and the site whose name shall not be spoken.

Fuck those people.

Edited by wood

I'm glad it's so obvious now to so many people that Fisher is such a scumbag and ruined several QBs along the way ... but it was pretty fucking obvious several years ago, too, during and after this POS's systematic dismantling of VY's career. Most people just wouldn't hear it, including some people on this site and the site whose name shall not be spoken.
Fuck those people.

Fuck that. Dime those bitches out.

No because people kept hiring Fisher and think nobody will hire Garrett when he’s fired.  Fisher’s record of being almost the all time most lossing head coach puts him in his own league of bad.

On 11/3/2018 at 12:38 PM, HoustonHorn said:
On 11/2/2018 at 7:26 PM, SpiralOut said:
In Fisher's mind, this guy was the problem.  And Rusty fucking Smith was a better guy to have in there. 

Didn't use a timeout either.

A good motto to have: #Use'EmIfYouGot-Em...

44 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

The day Fisher dies will be an official Surly holiday.

It comes as no shock, as I said before many times, that the roots of Jeff Fisher being here come all the way from Bud Adams hiring and keeping him around. When he fired Jack Pardee, another inept man that had no business being an NFL HC, He became some sort of NFL "wise man" and got respect through the league.

He got enough respect to be on the competition committee and you'd see him interviewed on NFL Network and ESPN for opinions and advice. Fucking piece of shit Yes Man Company Clown. 

Again, no surprise that Bud Adams hired this sack of shit and kept him on. Fuck both of those idiots and may they both rot in Hell.  

Edited by Escapedgoat

4 minutes ago, Escapedgoat said:

It comes as no shock, as I said before many times, that the roots of Jeff Fisher being here come all the way from Bud Adams hiring and keeping him around. When he fired Jack Pardee, another inept man that had no business being an NFL HC,

He had a lot more business being an NFL HC than fucking Fisher, and that's kind of the point: Adams' fixation on Fisher was just some weird fetish of which he could never overcome and rid himself.