Texas @ Kansas State on FOX [Lazy Game Thread]

TexasMan

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Yes.  And would do so in advance of our game with WVU.

If you have watched Texas football under Herman you'd realize that Texas doesn't mudhole anyone in conference. This will come down to a last second play and if Texas wins it will be by 3.

Unless Herman's sorry ass is fired before he boards plane for Manhattan and then the offensive staff can finally take regulator off of the playbook.

Just now, BrazilHorn said:

If you have watched Texas football under Herman you'd realize that Texas doesn't mudhole anyone in conference. This will come down to a last second play and if Texas wins it will be by 3.

Unless Herman's sorry ass is fired before he boards plane for Manhattan and then the offensive staff can finally take regulator off of the playbook.

We can lose to WVU and still make the CCG as long as you beat just one of the Kansas schools.

It would be the ISU way to win last week, have a 99% chance to make the CCG, start celebrating the way we did, and then have the 1% scenario play out.  We would have clinched Saturday with a KSU win over Baylor.  Once Baylor clawed back into that game, I felt the 1% creeping in hard.  It's hardwired into my brain.

I kind of assume you guys will just "catch COVID" and not finish out and we'll need to get the W on Saturday.

9 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

We can lose to WVU and still make the CCG as long as you beat just one of the Kansas schools.

It would be the ISU way to win last week, have a 99% chance to make the CCG, start celebrating the way we did, and then have the 1% scenario play out.  We would have clinched Saturday with a KSU win over Baylor.  Once Baylor clawed back into that game, I felt the 1% creeping in hard.  It's hardwired into my brain.

I kind of assume you guys will just "catch COVID" and not finish out and we'll need to get the W on Saturday.

I hope you guys win out. This Texas team is just so poorly coached and has zero player leadership on it that you just never know what you are going to get. I wouldn't count on UT doing shit to "help" you guys as this team is terrible.

12 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

No jinx. Just beat the fuck outta ousux. Whenever that game is.

I like isU and are rooting for them to get to the CCG.  But they have to earn it.  Beat WVa and they deserve it.  Lose to them and honestly I don't care if they make it or not.  

Texas is either going to play loose  with Herman a dead man walking and no real authority, and finally curbstomp somebody whose name isn't UTEP, or they're going to same ol' same ol'.  I think the latter, since 95% of their problem is terrible coaching/game management.  So I definitely think KSU is going to win.  Their puppy QB has been slowly getting better and their D is still salty.  Don't look for help with our hapless, confused and blasé team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Minus the ISU talk, who should I be cheering for at this point? I assume we are looking for a blowout loss or a close win where both teams look terrible but we look worse but still win by 1-3? Someone just tell me what do! 

Cheer for CDC. 🤘

1 hour ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Minus the ISU talk, who should I be cheering for at this point? I assume we are looking for a blowout loss or a close win where both teams look terrible but we look worse but still win by 1-3? Someone just tell me what do! 

Tom gone. Just cheer for the Horns. I'm looking forward to watching a game without a bunch of bullshit baggage attached for the first time in awhile.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 7:05 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

If you're depending on us for anything this year you probably did start celebrating to early. 

I will never, ever root against Texas. I also want to beat the shit out of KState and pay them back for all of the heartbreaking losses of the past. That being said, my well of support for Tom Herman is dried up and made me apathetic to my favorite team in the world and that pisses me off. 

if anything, I’m just ready for this disappointing season to end already and move on. I don’t care about playing for the NC, but Texas should play for the Conference Championship at least every other year. There is no excuse we shouldn’t and you can’t convince me otherwise. That was my issue with Mack and Charlie and now Tom. 

Edited by Droopy
Hook’em Horns!
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 10:30 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Right. Because the Big 12 is known for their defense. 

As opposed to whom?

Power Five - Total Defense  (through December 3rd, 2020)
Conference Avg Games Average Rank Average of Yds/Play
Big 12 8.20 54.00 5.48
Big Ten 5.14 58.14 5.50
SEC 7.86 65.07 5.87
Pac12 2.92 70.83 5.86
ACC 8.93 74.50 5.74
AAC 8.18 79.73 5.78
FBS Average 6.85 67.13 5.71