Texas @ Kansas State on FOX [Lazy Game Thread]

TexasMan

On 11/26/2020 at 3:07 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Maurice Clarett called his own number on the wheel route in the 2002 OSU-Michigan game. Trailing 9-7 late in the 4th qtr, he told Jim Tressel that the Michigan D was ignoring him as a receiver after the play fake. Following a QB sneak on 4th and short, Craig Krenzel threw a 25 yd strike to a wide open Clarett on the wheel route to set up first and goal. A couple plays later the Bucks scored what would be the game winning TD on an option pitch to Maurice Hall. The first time they ran the option all year. 

If you watch the video, you can see Clarett lobbying Tressel for the call prior to the QB sneak. 

I was at that game. I recall asking myself, "holy shit, do Buckeye fans treat all visiting fans like this or just Michigan?" Question answered several years later.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Still no game time set. aggy plays at 11 am so I’m assuming this’ll be 2:30 or 6 on FS1 or ESPN 2

LHN's broadcast schedule says "Live Statcast Texas Football" or however they title it from 11:00-2:30p on Saturday.  I would assume that means we play at 11:00a, but that could just be a placeholder, but those things are pretty damn accurate inside of a full week.  I just hope it's not 6:00p.  I want to watch Herman fail again, but I'd rather go to the Trail of LIghts with the kids.

57 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Manhattan Saturday will be sunny and 43 degrees

Hope they cancel the Jayhawk game the following week -- although it might hurt Ehlinger's chances to break some records at TEXAS.

Just hope TEXAS wins against K-State and no one gets injured...

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

Big Noon with Urban Meyer bleeds right into the kickoff.

Should be interesting.

There is a big part of me that thinks FOX held out as long as possible today to get Tier I pick on this game so all eyes would be on Meyer and then Herman.  Waiting until 10:30p on Sunday night is very rare and there’s little reason to air this game on national network for any other reason.