Formula 1 2021

wood

31 minutes ago, G650 said:

Ja, er ist Osstereicher. Aber ich meine germanisch, wenn ich sage Deutsch.

I think @52-80wife is Austrian. She'd probably shoot me.

I just lol'd at the google translation of this ...

Yes, he is an ostrich man. But I mean Germanic when I say

Just now, 52-80 said:

On this topic, I'd been meaning to post that despite some of my Dutch colleagues being quite decent people, Max represents that very very arrogant Dutch stereotype down to a T.  Head so far up his ass he can't see the sunlight

So you're saying he's like a T-Sip?!

spacer.png

The Canadian GP twitter account just responded quickly to me with this. Just another example of their awesomeness.

Not embedding for some reason, so I'll do it this way:

F1GrandPrixduCanada
@F1GPCanada
Replying to @kevgalloway @GPAmericas and 2 others

f1.com is a reseller of the #F1GPCanada they have access to an inventory purchased through us at GPCanada with which they went on sale yesterday. The presale with the promoter is slated for the 16th you can register via https://t.co/786L9FkrUr

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Quick! Let's get his thoughts on Hamilton v. Verstappen in Saudi Arabia.

I am a diehard LH fan - I was actually very upset on Sunday/Monday because the whole damn thing was a total farce.

Anyway, wood says this is an NFL forum. I have a work friend who was one of the early adopters on this side of the atlantic. He's been following the Chiiieeeeefffffs for 15+ years. Go KC! 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tc1 said:

I am a diehard LH fan - I was actually very upset on Sunday/Monday because the whole damn thing was a total farce.

Anyway, wood says this is an NFL forum. I have a work friend who was one of the early adopters on this side of the atlantic. He's been following the Chiiieeeeefffffs for 15+ years. Go KC! 😁

blink-182 wtf GIF

Anyway, wood says this is an NFL forum. I have a work friend who was one of the early adopters on this side of the atlantic. He's been following the Chiiieeeeefffffs for 15+ years. Go KC!

College football mainly. Couple of NFL nuts here and there. Welcome.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, elfenix said:

people that didn't cause it may have picked up punctures or broken wings from the red flag event.  not particularly inclined to punish them for it. 

Sucks, but that's part of racing.  They can come in under green or the next yellow, as they would in normal race conditions.  Red flag should mean the race is completely frozen.

Alternatively, if they feel they MUST make changes, then I'd be okay with letting them restart from the pits.

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

blink-182 wtf GIF

Haha! I said 'American Football', but 220. 221. Whatever it takes (utee beat me to it). And my 18 yo is also a big Chiefs fan because so many Horns played there when he was a kid.

Edited by wood

1 hour ago, tc1 said:

And barbecue. We like barbecue around here. Oh, and tits. 

Edited by Dutch
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Sucks, but that's part of racing.  They can come in under green or the next yellow, as they would in normal race conditions.  Red flag should mean the race is completely frozen.

Alternatively, if they feel they MUST make changes, then I'd be okay with letting them restart from the pits.

Lando suggested changing to rule to two pit stops and two different compounds. They can change tires during the red flag, but only to the same compound. 

I think freezing the field works. Any change done to the car at all means you start from the pit, or move to the back if a rolling start. 

• Like 2

I like the plan to start from the back OR pit lane if you work on your car or change tires under red.

Also - Lewis going slow under the restart was brilliant gamesmanship. He knew the rules. He used them to his advantage. Max sounded like a petulant child complaining about how far back Lewis was.

21 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Also - Lewis going slow under the restart was brilliant gamesmanship. He knew the rules. He used them to his advantage. Max sounded like a petulant child complaining about how far back Lewis was.

The same Lewis who was complaining about Max doing a practice start from the pit lane coming out of the first red flag? But please, tell us more about how Max complains so much during a race. That's something Sir Lewis Hamilton never would stoop to doing.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

Some of y’all (from both sides honestly) are worse than my damn kids. Anytime anyone has any criticism or complaint about your favorite driver the first responses are always about how the other did it first or how much more wrong the other is. “but but brother did it first”

• Haha 3

There’s gamesmanship and then there’s erratic, cuntish, borderline dangerous driving. Both contenders are definitely ramping up the gamesmanship. The thing is Max doesn’t need to drive like a cunt … his car is plenty fast and he has elite driving skills. Abu Dhabi should be a track that neutralizes the particular distinct advantages of each car at different sectors of the track. Hopefully they allow that to dominate the racing action and see what results.

6 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

Some of y’all (from both sides honestly) are worse than my damn kids. Anytime anyone has any criticism or complaint about your favorite driver the first responses are always about how the other did it first or how much more wrong the other is. “but but brother did it first”

but the other fans complained first

• Haha 2

Let's be honest, there's no real point in Max driving so assholishly in the corners  when Hamilton is trying to pass him.  It's going to happen regardless because the Mercedes is so much faster now.  He's really just delaying the inevitable.  I say this as a Red Bull fan.

Both Horner and Wolff seem like douchebags of the highest order. Don't care for either of them, although I suppose their job requires it.  

Toto: "The title should not be decided by a collision. It should be earned on merit."

Also Toto: "Disregard that the WDC would already have been decided had both my drivers not taken out Max in consecutive races. Now excuse me while I throw my headset."

Horner: "Lewis tried to kill Max! Fifty-two Gs!"

Also Horner: "Nevermind Max reversing on Lewis' head."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Shit, and all these years I thought this was a board dedicated mainly to Texas Longhorns football.

Back when we had a football program it sure was.  'Twas glorious. :)

12 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Let's be honest, there's no real point in Max driving so assholishly in the corners  when Hamilton is trying to pass him.  It's going to happen regardless because the Mercedes is so much faster now.  He's really just delaying the inevitable.  I say this as a Red Bull fan.

So who wins the WDC if Max crashes out both himself and Lewis, and neither holds the fastest lap point? Do they settle it with a game of pétanque at the start/finish line?

14 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Can't argue with that.

1 minute ago, Dutch said:

Both Horner and Wolff seem like douchebags of the highest order. Don't care for either of them, although I suppose their job requires it.  

Toto: "The title should not be decided by a collision. It should be earned on merit."

Also Toto: "Disregard that the WDC would already have been decided had both my drivers not taken out Max in consecutive races. Now excuse me while I throw my headset."

Can't argue with that either. 

3 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Uh-oh.  You're about to get a sternly worded email from Toto.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Back when we had a football program it sure was.  'Twas glorious. :)

So who wins the WDC if Max crashes out both himself and Lewis, and neither holds the fastest lap point? Do they settle it with a game of pétanque at the start/finish line?

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, XYZ said:

Shit, and all these years I thought this was a board dedicated mainly to Texas Longhorns football.

Yeah I didn't delve into details at the time. I figured 'American Football' would give him a general idea of what the main focus is here without overwhelming his senses with all the horrific and embarrassing details of what makes the Shag the Shag the Surl the Surl.