Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Lulz Wiltfong started a thread on the aggy boards about this.  The 1st reply is someone asking him to remove Bru from the sip 2019 class.  The 2nd reply is someone asking him to put in a pick for King to aggy.

Also, looks like this kid is going to commit today.

On 5/31/2019 at 8:41 PM, blacklab said:

Rumor is that king’s dad hates jumbo. I’d be surprised if he ends up at aggy. 

I heard this too from the same people that told me Tennessee was the leader months ago when Fud was screaming that he was going to LSU.

Edit: to clarify; the word disliked was used, not hate, but the message was similar

Edited by TKthunder2
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

What'll be hilarious is if Rivals bumps up Johnston and he's ranked higher than Omeire.  247 and ESPN have Johnston rated higher.

It’s Inevitable since he is a better WR prospect. 

Spoiler

Liucci

3:49p

Staff

AG

Big time get for the Aggies in the form of Southlake Carroll tight end Blake Smith. One of the fastest-rising prospects in the Lone Star State during the spring evaluation period, the 6-5, 245-pound tight end picked up offers from not only A&M but also the likes of Ohio State, Alabama, Michigan, Florida State, LSU and Washington as coaches from around the country stopped by to see Riley Dodge's Dragons at work during April and May. Smith has what I would describe as elite level ball skills and his frame and length make the newest Aggie weapon a very difficult coverage assignment for smaller safeties and linebackers. Speed may not be the strength of Blake's game but hands, understanding leverage and what is going to be an enormous SEC-caliber frame certainly are. He's also a nasty blocker who, as he adds even more size, strength and experience, has NFL potential as an attached tight end. As I've said since Jimbo Fisher and Joe Jon Finley extended the offer, Smith is the perfect addition and compliment to a room that already features the likes of Baylor Cupp, Jalen Wydermyer and sophomore Glenn Beal.

Based on our intel, I don't believe Jimbo Fisher and the Ags are done today, either. FB Austin wideout Troy Omeire looked extremely impressive when he arrived on Friday and things have gone exceedingly well on both sides since the four-star pass-catcher has been on campus. The priority target has received the full-court press from position coach Dameyune Craig, Kellen Mond, Jhamon Ausbon and even fellow 2020 five-star commit Demond Demas. The battle for Omeire's commitment has been a see-saw affair between the Aggies and Longhorns for quite some time now but momentum is squarely on the side of Maroon & White and this one could wrap up in the very near future. It would be a monster addition to the class and set the stage for what would be an elite three-man haul at the position, assuming the Ags were to add either North Carolina standout Muhsin Muhammad III or local talent Devin Price to the mix.

A&M also hosted a couple of out-of-state offensive linemen over the weekend, including Pennsylvania tackle Michael Carmody and 6-3, 325-pounder Xavier Hill from Olive Branch HS in Mississippi. Carmody wrapped up his visit - the second in as many months - and it might be a fair statement to call the Ags the team to beat for the 6-5, 285-pound four-star from Mars Area High School. Carmody's options read like a Who's Who of power programs in B1G country, with Ohio State standing out as the Ags' primary threat (at least for now) and Penn State, Notre Dame and Michigan crawling all over themselves for the four-star blockers commitment. Again, while I don't think he'll decide anything in the immediate future, A&M and Ohio State stand out here, based on what I continue to hear. It's probably fair to rephrase that to 'A&M and Ohio State stand out here, with the Aggies surging."

Hill - who holds offers from the entire SEC West plus Florida and Tennessee - isn't expected to commit but I'd say the Ags have reason to feel good about their chances of adding at least one of the three out of state blockers they are in the best shape with at this point in time - he, Carmody and Memphis tackle Chris Morris to the 2020 commit list at some point in the cycle. If I were to rank the Ags' odds with each today, I'd go Carmody then Morris then Hill, with the Ags having a legit shot at all three.

Not expecting a commit today from Longview quarterback Haynes King but I'm not sure how his weekend visit could have gone any better. Brauny will have a lot more on where things standout with the East Texas state champ this evening but I'm feeling as good about King as I am just about any of the Ags' uncommitted targets right now. They'll have to weather a couple of visits - particularly the one to Tennessee - but Jimbo Fisher and the Ags put their best foot forward this weekend...not just with King but with all seven of the official visitors.

As for that seventh official visitor that Jimbo alluded to during his Austin Coach's Night speech a couple of days ago, he did make it on campus and I've been told the Ags knocked it out of the park. However, the prospect still wants to keep things quiet for now so we'll continue to respect his wishes.

4 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

I heard this too from the same people that told me Tennessee was the leader months ago when Fud was screaming that he was going to LSU.

Edit: to clarify; the word disliked was used, not hate, but the message was similar

I didn't think Orgeron would keep his two shitty QB commits and pass on King. Oh well 

24 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

This. But it's still strange. Perroni and Tarp have a slight disdain for the Aggy fanbase. It's almost EJ-ish. 

Wiltfong only delivers good news and can drop in and out Perroni and Tarp are stuck with the troglodytes 24/7.