Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Perroni hinting that Jefferson is going to be a grades casualty. They are discussing whether or not to take his fax, since it would count against their 25 man counter.

Doesn't have the grades for aggy?  I guess he can also cross East Texas State off his list.

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This is the fucking high point of my life. Or at least Monday. Holy fuck. The problem for them is that:

a) it’s crazily almost believable 

and 

b) there are a whole lot of people who want to believe it, including their own inferiority-complex driven proclivities. 

May the swimming pool party return like Christmas in July each year. Next year, my understanding is that two head-to-head targets will play keep-away with Jimbo as the monkey-in-the-middle that they never let catch the ball. 

You'll be all smiles at the hydraulics office tomorrow.

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

But here comes the charge of the sunshine brigade!

EBzLYgdXUAIIGOS?format=png&name=360x360EBzLZKLXkAAVCYk?format=jpg&name=360x360EBzLaD8XoAE6ipM?format=jpg&name=360x360EBzLaUEXkAAVnf-?format=jpg&name=360x360

Has aggy ever not run out of room for a Texas commit?

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

EBzPNkXXYAEUASo?format=jpg&name=smallEBzPOVDXsAA1oQO?format=jpg&name=360x360EBzPPQzWkAE5T9f?format=jpg&name=360x360

“If we played them on a neutral field this year, we’d beat them by 2 TDS”

tenor.gif

5 hours ago, CashMcCoy said:

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Bad DL year in Texas. Jimbo sensibly prioritized the recruiting hotbed that is Camden, New Jersey and national best recruit ever Donnell Harris.

Also this whole thing:

EBzyPfAWkAA_vPt?format=png&name=small

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

Farrell might as well have just passed 30 kidney stones with the pain it caused him to tweet that.

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Catching up on the misery. You know you've OD'd when you're still sitting at the table with a "poked at" dinner and your family is in bed. I can't move. I am happy. I cannot be destroyed. 

27-25 

Thx to @Machinator for this OG gem...

Edited by LTtxfan

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Jefferson will do whatever it takes to keep that aggy scholarship.  No way he lets them cop out like that. 

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Season/2020-Football/Commits/

He is their lowest rated commit, however, he is also their longest tenured commit (since 02/01/2017 - well in advance prior to the arrival of Jimbo, the aggy savior).

Standard aggy homophobic dipshittery aside, you can dump on Iowa State, K-State, Okie Lite and West Virginia for a lot of things but "not caring enough about football to attend games" isn't one of them
EB0RGwtWkAYjwtH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Yeah... So last year, we played 7 games against ranked teams, and they played only 4. But let's not allow facts to distract from the narrative.

Jimbo could have rescinded the offer to Jefferson when he was hired since Jefferson commited to Sumlin

Jimbo could have rescinded the offer once he replaced the OL coach from Henson to Turner with the often used excuse for the new coach to recruit his own guys.

Neither of those scenariors happened. So they better hope Jefferson can't qualify. 

9 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Wouldn't the Peter "Principal" (as it is being used here) require these kids attempt to punch above their weight in the big bad mighty SEC West, but ultimately flame out? Isn't that the essence of the Peter "Principal"?

Stupid sip, the Peter Principal is where your high school principal has a little peter so he pushes you to go to tu instead of the big bad S.E.C.

-aggy, probably

11 hours ago, golfclap said:

speaking of that three striped life - Donnell Harris' measurements are from Feb. He's absolutely a player but he is also a classic wait for the ink to dry on NSD guy as well. The move from Booker T. to Gulliver and decommitting from Tha U are all just appetizers. 

and yeah - to say that he'll need to fill out is an understatement. 

9074585.jpg

spacer.png

• Like 1

So there actually are A&M fans who ask Liucci why exactly it is that he has been continuously reporting for two decades that their recruits are better, their coaches are better, their players are better, and their homefield advantage is better and yet their results are never better? (with the exception of a single year I supposed in 2012, when they still didn't win any actual championships other than a high level secondary bowl game)

I mean there really are some smart people who attend A&M (didn't know better or were brainwashed young). You'd think they'd realize at some point that there are only two possibilities. Either Liucci doesn't know anything about football or else he's knowingly selling them bullshit just to keep the money flowing. Or a combo of both.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, golfclap said:

speaking of that three striped life - Donnell Harris' measurements are from Feb. He's absolutely a player but he is also a classic wait for the ink to dry on NSD guy as well. The move from Booker T. to Gulliver and decommitting from Tha U are all just appetizers. 

and yeah - to say that he'll need to fill out is an understatement. 

9074585.jpg

I saw two analysts lament that he shouldn't have reclassified after watching him camp in person. Dude isn't going to be ready for awhile. Which is fine, but I don't think that's what the fan expectations will be. 

11 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

If they lost Demas their class would be ranked behind OUs.

Waiting for the inevitable going with

friends to visit Bama note from Billy Boy

They aren't going to lose Demas. He's gone full agg, and is bought and paid for. 

Jimbo could have rescinded the offer to Jefferson when he was hired since Jefferson commited to Sumlin
Jimbo could have rescinded the offer once he replaced the OL coach from Henson to Turner with the often used excuse for the new coach to recruit his own guys.
Neither of those scenariors happened. So they better hope Jefferson can't qualify. 

Still a bad look when they had two guys not qualify last class and are still trying to get them enrolled in Spring.

8 hours ago, thepop said:

I wonder why we stopped recruiting Jones. Seems like the coaches don’t have a problem pursuing someone like Jahari who is committed, why not Jones?

It takes two to have a conversation. 

Jones' family and the Mond family are close, and they helped lock him in to A&M. I thought Sterns would help us there, but nope. 

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

It takes two to have a conversation. 

Jones' family and the Mond family are close, and they helped lock him in to A&M. I thought Sterns would help us there, but nope. 

Mini-Higgins as well. 

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

I wonder why we stopped recruiting Jones. Seems like the coaches don’t have a problem pursuing someone like Jahari who is committed, why not Jones?

Jahari Rogers has a 3.89 shuttle. Jaylon Jones a 4.32. I think it's as simple as Rogers fitting a very specific profile that this staff covets. He has ELITE athleticism and change of direction. Jones is a good football player who has a limiting ceiling and should only be playing FS facing the ball - letting his instincts do the work. Once he committed to aggy I don't think there was any great gnashing of teeth - they simply moved to the next few targets. I imagine as long as he'll listen they'll talk to Rogers because you can't coach what he's got. 

6 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Jahari Rogers has a 3.89 shuttle. Jaylon Jones a 4.32. I think it's as simple as Rogers fitting a very specific profile that this staff covets. He has ELITE athleticism and change of direction. Jones is a good football player who has a limiting ceiling and should only be playing FS facing the ball - letting his instincts do the work. Once he committed to aggy I don't think there was any great gnashing of teeth - they simply moved to the next few targets. I imagine as long as he'll listen they'll talk to Rogers because you can't coach what he's got. 

They continued to try and recruit him at safety (which he's a great fit at, maybe the best safety prospect in the state), but they gave up after awhile when they realized there wasn't much there. I don't think they were heartbroken or anything since like at WR, they'll always be able to find adequate takes at safety, and they've landed like five studs over two years.