Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

Guessing Fracture/dislocation of ankle. 

Distal tib/fib snapped and foot on sideways  

Prognosis-Season over. Return to play next year likely, but uncertain at what level. 

But we need magus Ossis official opinion 

Edited by GRHorn

2 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Has Nahlin always acted like a whiny bitch, or is this a new development? The screenshots of his posts are always cringe worthy. 

IT is my least favorite of the 9.95 sites. Don’t like the smug Barking Carnival vibe of all their posts. 

Just now, GRHorn said:

IT is my least favorite of the 9.95 sites. Don’t like the smug Barking Carnival vibe of all their posts. 

At least they have actual information and insight unlike 247 right now. They are whiny and when they aren’t whining they just pump sunshine but 247 has been useless since EJ...which is just as ridiculous that that douche actually provided some semblance of value

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I think those two sites have better writers than the rest of the group. And I love BC's tone and metaphors when they're motivated.

Nahlin is a huge bitch when he gets pushback, though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Pick literally any successful QB and they look weird as fuck. Manning; Brady's weird ass hospital ward body; Drew Brees's growths; literally everything about Pat Mahomes; literally everything about Jared Goff.

Then why isn’t Case all-pro?

Edited by Bear19
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Message board word on Cupp is that he broke his leg in four places and tore a ligament in his ankle.

2 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Christ, that blows. 

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Holy shit, that really sucks for the kid.

Wholly shit is right, that's unbelievably horrible.  Not just a football career changing injury, but possibly changing his whole life in a very bad way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

I wouldn't worry about it if I was you tbh

EB4lf2QWwAA41F_?format=png&name=small

If this hypothetical thing happens 4 months from now (in a vacuum), and this other hypothetical thing also happens 4 months from now (also in a vacuum), and then the result of a subjective vote is not consistent with what I already know will feel at that future time, then I will be extremely pissed!

Who's with me?!?!

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

JFC that's horrible. 

Unfortunately, seems unlikely if the above report is at all accurate.

3 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Where is our surely doctor at when we need him?

3 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

@Magus Ossis Presumed four different fractures in lower extremity with an unspecified ligament tear. What is your assessment?

Broke 4 bones plus tore an ankle ligament would be especially unusual and bad. The fractures that go most commonly with ankle injuries are the lower ends of the fibula (skinny bone of lower leg) and tibia (shin). The most common bad version of this pattern would be a “trimalleolar” fracture: tibia in 3+ pieces and fibula in 2+. As bad as it is, there would be a ray of hope for being back on it in 6 weeks after surgery and on the field by November. Sometimes the tibia breaks through the weight bearing surface instead of around the edges (plafond fracture). That drops the chances of seeing the field this year close to 0. If he broke his actual ankle bone (talus), he’s getting into new levels of bad. To get to 4 separate bones, you’d add another to those, and it you’d be moving into “unlikely even to walk without a little bit of a limp” territory.

Bottom line, it probably is about how it sounds: no chance he sees the field before October at the earliest— even that would be a surprise— maybe never, depending on what “broke four bones” means.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Magus Ossis said:

Broke 4 bones plus tore an ankle ligament would be especially unusual and bad. The fractures that go most commonly with ankle injuries are the lower ends of the fibula (skinny bone of lower leg) and tibia (shin). The most common bad version of this pattern would be a “trimalleolar” fracture: tibia in 3+ pieces and fibula in 2+. As bad as it is, there would be a ray of hope for being back on it in 6 weeks after surgery and on the field by November. Sometimes the tibia breaks through the weight bearing surface instead of around the edges (plafond fracture). That drops the chances of seeing the field this year close to 0. If he broke his actual ankle bone (talus), he’s getting into new levels of bad. To get to 4 separate bones, you’d add another to those, and it you’d be moving into “unlikely even to walk without a little bit of a limp” territory.

Bottom line, it probably is about how it sounds: no chance he sees the field before October at the earliest— even that would be a surprise— maybe never, depending on what “broke four bones” means.

jeez.  thats terrible.  hope its not the worst possible scenario.  

good luck to the kid.

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

At least they have actual information and insight unlike 247 right now. They are whiny and when they aren’t whining they just pump sunshine but 247 has been useless since EJ...which is just as ridiculous that that douche actually provided some semblance of value

To each their own. Outside of Wells having his nose up the ass of every east Texas prospect, what info do they really have?  They more than anyone seem to love the  we have all this fascinating background info but we can’t share it move. I’ll take TFB every time if I had to pick one. They at least seem plugged in via their video making contacts and experience. Plus, they have actual former players on the boards who are more likely to have contacts inside the programs they cover. 

But, truth be told you’re best off following here and getting a little of all the sites plus the best tweet aggregating bot on the internet. Sprinkle in our own half baked insiders and analysis and boom, you have the magic.  

Edited by GRHorn
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

With an injury like that, he might be out for longer than a year. You have to take into account time to heal and then the additional time necessary to slowly bring him along to get him to a point where he can play football. It's devastating.

33 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

What if the orthopedic surgeon is an aggie?

25 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

To each their own. Outside of Wells having his nose up the ass of every east Texas prospect, what info do they really have?  They more than anyone seem to love the  we have all this fascinating background info but we can’t share it move. I’ll take TFB every time if I had to pick one. They at least seem plugged in via their video making contacts and experience. Plus, they have actual former players on the boards who are more likely to have contacts inside the programs they cover. 

But, truth be told you’re best off following here and getting a little of all the sites plus the best tweet aggregating bot on the internet. Sprinkle in our own half baked insiders and analysis and boom, you have the magic.  

Fully agree. Really there is TFB then everyone else when it comes to 9.95ers. IT definitely does the “ohhh we have a secret we can’t share” shit more than anyone but at least that’s better than Roach who literally seems completely in the dark on everything

40 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Damn Ossis, thanks for the pro evaluation.  Glad we've got you as a voice of reason and hope. (Even if it is a freaking aggy)

Hate to ever see anyone with a permanent disability.