Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Wow! TexAgs is apparently that embarrassed of the kid that they pull any negative talk of a 5-star recuit??  I guess Jimbo definitely keeps Luicci under his thumb.

More like they don’t want that stuff to get back to king and his dad, make them all butthurt, and risk a decommit after all the effort they expended making him the #1 qb recruit. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Haynes King is the 2020 version of Corey Pullig. He’s just a random, dorky-looking stick figure with aggie written all over him. 

or Brandon Stewart, who originally beat out Peyton Manning. I will never forget the 1996 aggy game, where Stewart ran out of bounds 1 yard short on a 4th down scramble. The score was 55-something at the time, and the dude just quit.

Edited by HtownHorn

43 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Haynes King is the 2020 version of Corey Pullig. He’s just a random, dorky-looking stick figure with aggie written all over him. 

To give the kid credit, he tried like the dickens to go anywhere else. It's just that nobody else wanted him. 

He really ought to blame his dad, though. His dad runs an offense every bit as antiquated and useless as Jimbo Fisher's.

58 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

or Brandon Stewart, who originally beat out Peyton Manning. I will never forget the 1996 aggy game, where Stewart ran out of bounds 1 yard short on a 4th down scramble. The score was 55-something at the time, and the dude just quit.

I've been searching for that clip on the internet, anyone have it? Comes up from time to time when talking about give up plays (like Kyler Murray's self-safety).

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Have the Bama' boards said anything about Antonio Johnson visiting?  They only have 2 DB commits and it seems like if aggy doesn't land him then they'll have to go after some 3*/trust in Jimbo type.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but I'll be glued to this thread for aggy meltdown this weekend as the CBs fly in for Johnson to Tuscaloosa. If we could land a 2021 lineman in tandem, that'd be great....

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

To give the kid credit, he tried like the dickens to go anywhere else. It's just that nobody else wanted him. 

He really ought to blame his dad, though. His dad runs an offense every bit as antiquated and useless as Jimbo Fisher's.

How dare you insinuate that the #1 QB in the nation would want to play for anyone else besides the QB whisperer Jimbo Fisher. He could play at any school in the country...besides LSU... and Alabama... and Texas and.......

No mt rushmore, but they did send out that weak ass edit showing:
Best qb in Texas joke of a 5* playin like ass my dude.
Best wr in Texas 5* ruled ineligible not playin this season and
Best rb in Texas 5* they act like is theirs, has been kicked off his team for fighting with teammates and cussing coaches
but aggy be like- dont care got Jimbo!
What could go wrong

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I believe James Brown ran over and chided him vigorously on the Texas sideline.

Also, not enough n's. Branndon Stewart. 

22 minutes ago, Spindletop said:

Why is Demas going to drop? Because of the ineligibility? He should be an elite player regardless of whether he's eligible to play or not.

It will be hilarious if Jimbo takes Evans given this backstory. He will be a total cancer in that locker room, perhaps worse than crab legs.

Yes, Demas will drop because he didn't play a down this year. On field performance matters. Guys injured for the year, such as Garth, will also fall. Tommy Brockermeyer will fall in rankings for 2021 because he didn't play and he's the best LT prospect in half a decade.

Beyond that, Demas is a huge flameout risk. He's in the exact same bucket as Javonne Shepherd. Shepherd has pulled himself together and could wind up being a major force at Texas in the future if he stays on that path. That said, he was punished in the rankings because of his flake beta. Demas will be handled no differently, even if he remains much more highly ranked relative to JS.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Might as well post this on the aggie thread. Zach Evans tried to commit a while back to Georgia. They didn't take the commitment. Evans refused to run track in the spring. He dogged it at practice. He's been a cancer this season. He's suspended from the team. I assume he's going to wind up signing with ATM. 

7 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

Nothing says fake military like smiling while your head gets shaved. IRL you're wondering "What was I thinking when I signed the paperwork?"

I remember getting yelled at to put my finger on any moles on my head and that I better not bleed on his clippers 

• Like 2

On 9/13/2019 at 4:37 PM, closetojumping said:

Yes, Demas will drop because he didn't play a down this year. On field performance matters. Guys injured for the year, such as Garth, will also fall. Tommy Brockermeyer will fall in rankings for 2021 because he didn't play and he's the best LT prospect in half a decade.

Beyond that, Demas is a huge flameout risk. He's in the exact same bucket as Javonne Shepherd. Shepherd has pulled himself together and could wind up being a major force at Texas in the future if he stays on that path. That said, he was punished in the rankings because of his flake beta. Demas will be handled no differently, even if he remains much more highly ranked relative to JS.

As much as I would like this to be true about Demas, I just don’t see the flake factor. I have no doubt that aggy and FWK influenced this failed transfer maneuver, and while the kid seems gullible and easily influenced, he is a truly elite talent who will continue to work with trainers during the season. He has been solid in his commitment and has lit up the camp circuit.  He will most likely drop in the rankings some but much like Shepherd I feel like he will pull it together and be a stud.

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

No, but not surprisingly, sniffing fanboi farts is not all that great for your brain cells, either.

I don't know how you got out, but someone was looking out for you. I can't even fathom having to be around those regards daily. I have 3 aggy cousins, and that's enough. 

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I don't know how you got out, but someone was looking out for you. I can't even fathom having to be around those regards daily. I have 3 aggy cousins, and that's enough. 

It is truly astonishing sometimes to me to reflect on the fact that I went from College Station, where Billy Fucking Liucci is a figure of renown, to a county where there are more PhD's per capita than anywhere else in the country.

I can eavesdrop in public now without losing IQ points. It's remarkable.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Walden Ponderer said:

It is truly astonishing sometimes to me to reflect on the fact that I went from College Station, where Billy Fucking Liucci is a figure of renown, to a county where there are more PhD's per capita than anywhere else in the country.

I can eavesdrop in public now without losing IQ points. It's remarkable.

You can actually breathe air and not wonder if you'll be dead tomorrow. It's a blessing. Sometimes we need to be humbled to truly appreciate life.