A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Anyone who wants to see Jewish folks in Texas should drive down McCallum/Meandering way streets in far north Dallas on a Saturday afternoon. 

Since my knowledge is very limited on the subject... the people who walk to synagogue on Saturdays where the men are in black with the wide brimmed hats are orthodox? Or is that common for everyone? 

I tend to mostly see men in dress shirts and yarmulke but in certain parts of my neighborhood it's almost exclusively black attire and large hats more akin to what Amish wear.  Always wondered if that was a different sect within the religion. 

A lot of that around Preston Forest shopping center on Shomer Shabbos (they don't roll), and that's Ohr HaTorah on Churchill Way, and Achdut Israel on McShann.  They are orthodox, as is Ohev Shalom on McCallum.

I live closer to reform synagogues, Temple EmanuEl, Tiferet Israel, and Shearith Israel, reform or conservative, and there's none of that.  They come by Benz, Lexus, and lux SUV.

Edited by TwiceHorn

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Anyone who wants to see Jewish folks in Texas should drive down McCallum/Meandering way streets in far north Dallas on a Saturday afternoon. 

This is true. This is my hood. There’s a big jewish school at hillcrest and frankford. Another school between preston and hillcrest on frankford where jewish kids are playing hoops after school every day. There’s a temple at hillcrest and mccallum.

Plenty of bagel shops.  There’s a badass jewish deli on preston and campbell.

My hood leans heavy dem. Lots of Beto and Mihaela Plesa signs in yards.

21 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

jewish people are generally educated and tend to live in big cities.  we're not rural people, we're not farmers.  there's your trump venn right there.

when i first moved to la, people were like, what?  they have jewish people in texas?  i'm like yeah, 3 (now 4) of the biggest cities in the country are in texas.  you wanna find us, look to the city.  look to the cookie, elaine.

I don't believe many learn about it when studying the Civil War, but a lot of adults have no clue about Judah P. Benjamin or how old Jewish settlement in the U.S. is.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I don't believe many learn about it when studying the Civil War, but a lot of adults have no clue about Judah P. Benjamin or how old Jewish settlement in the U.S. is.

We're two semesters away from having the Civil War presented to white students as a misunderstood fraternity prank at Washington & Lee University.  At this point, Judah Benjamin would only be studies in a post-doctoral seminar, let alone high school.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

History is complicated and fascinating. I really hate how it is the MO to avoid thinking critically about it.

You and me both.  To the average FoxNews viewer, history is just the who, the what, the where, and the when.  And that's an important foundation, don't get me wrong.  But history and other liberal arts disciplines teach you to figure out the Why.  Connecting the dots and seeing how that person or country or movement got from A to Z.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Since my knowledge is very limited on the subject... the people who walk to synagogue on Saturdays where the men are in black with the wide brimmed hats are orthodox? Or is that common for everyone? 

I tend to mostly see men in dress shirts and yarmulke but in certain parts of my neighborhood it's almost exclusively black attire and large hats more akin to what Amish wear.  Always wondered if that was a different sect within the religion. 

this is how i dress every day.

• Haha 1

JFC, several states, including guess who, filed an Amicus brief in support of Trump in the MAL appeal.  https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/sites/default/files/images/executive-management/2022.09.20 - States Amicus Brief (as filed).pdf

And it has not a goddamn thing to do with the issues on appeal, but is a laundry list of grievances against the DOJ, calling it "the Biden Administration."

• Rage+1 2

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

JFC, several states, including guess who, filed an Amicus brief in support of Trump in the MAL appeal.  https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/sites/default/files/images/executive-management/2022.09.20 - States Amicus Brief (as filed).pdf

And it has not a goddamn thing to do with the issues on appeal, but is a laundry list of grievances against the DOJ, calling it "the Biden Administration."

anytime dems are sorting through a strategy of talking points, they always take into account how the gop will respond.  finally people started saying (pete among them at the debates) "they're going to say it anyway, so we might as well just do what we need to do on our side".

the takeaway here is that they're going to yell and scream no matter what, so you might as well do what's right.  they have become the party of white male grievance first, foremost, and only, and it's been heading that way for over 50 years.

this isn't about mal because it's not about mal.  it's about starting the narrative now so they can bitch about other shit later.  it's so so tired, but it will work on half the country.  the bottom half.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The party of fascism.  They don't even hide it. 

And the party of snowflakes.  Never have I seen so many thin-skinned people in my life, who get upset and emotional over the stupidest of shit.  Russian state media bitched that Peppa Pig has a polar bear with two moms and acted like it was a reason to fight Ukraine, and I saw Republicans saying "yeah, it's destroying our country too!"

I know these people are old enough to remember when the Simpsons were sooooo controversial, and then South Park and Family Guy, but here we are in 2022, and it's Peppa Fucking Pig that has their panties in a bunch.

Having been a Republican years ago, it will never stop being embarrassing.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

the orange idiot has scheduled a rally in fucking Robstown, Tx hahahahahaha

Save America Rally in Robstown, TX
Join us for a Save America Rally in Robstown, TX!

You may only register one ticket per mobile number per event. All tickets are subject to first come first serve basis. 

Sat, October 22, 2022
07:00 pm (US/CENTRAL)
Doors Open: 02:00 pm

bwahawwhwwahwahwaahahahahahahahahahahahahahawawahwahwahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa he might actually draw a decent crowd, big maga crowd in cc

5 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Reliving the ugliest part of history. Ugh. Among the comments:

image.png.0cc21381ce86bad950770d11ddf415ac.png

Complete shaggy OT post.  I have heard the term or phrase "natural man" many times over the years, usually from black songwriters (Lou Rawls, etc.) and writers and speakers and I wondered where it came from and what it meant precisely.  

Weirdly enough, its origin in English seems to come from Corinthians and refers to the man obsessed and consumed with the physical world and "an enemy to God."  Also used to similar effect by Rousseau, although without the condemnation aspect.

I thought perhaps it was fraught with meaning as the term "signifyin" in the African-American vernacular, but it doesn't seem so.  Given its biblical connotations, it seems a rather unlikely term to have worked its way into that vernacular.

• Hook 'Em 1

So we're not really building a wall along our entire border to keep out illegals and drugs while Mexico pays for it...BUT

we are gonna watch Trump lose a sexual assault lawsuit by his own admission on a social media platform that he built and paid for?  

You sonofabitches...I'M IN! 

17 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Moron 

This does seem to demonstrate knowledge that he should not be in possession of the Un letters, and they are among the least "toxic" of the documents he has taken and withheld.  They are clearly, but merely, Presidential Records (as opposed to classified stuff).

Edited by TwiceHorn

DOJ Prosecutors Have Evidence To Charge Trump With Obstruction In Mar-A-Lago Case—But Still Unclear If They Will, Report Says

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2022/10/19/doj-prosecutors-have-evidence-to-charge-trump-with-obstruction-in-mar-a-lago-case-but-still-unclear-if-they-will-report-says/amp/

Justice Department prosecutors believe there’s enough evidence to charge former President Donald Trump with obstruction in the agency’s investigation into documents he brought back to Mar-A-Lago, Bloomberg reports—but investigators are reportedly still conflicted on whether it’s wise to charge the ex-president and any indictment is unlikely to come soon.

A group of DOJ prosecutors believe Trump could be charged with obstruction based on the evidence, Bloomberg reports citing anonymous sources familiar with the investigation, but they have not yet made any formal recommendation on whether he should be charged to Attorney General Merrick Garland, who would make the final call.

If the DOJ does bring charges against Trump, it likely wouldn’t be until after Christmas, according to Bloomberg, and would certainly be after the midterm elections on November 8.

The DOJ has alleged in court filings it believes “efforts were likely taken to obstruct” its investigation into Trump taking White House documents back to Mar-A-Lago with him, as the ex-president did not turn over all classified records when subpoenaed by the government to do so, and allegedly “concealed and removed” documents from a secure storage room where investigators had asked him to keep all remaining White House documents.

Investigators are reportedly split on whether it would be advisable to charge Trump with obstruction given the potential political ramifications, though ultimately it’s up to Garland to determine Trump’s fate.

Any potential charges may also be slowed by an ongoing review of the documents seized at Mar-A-Lago by a third-party special master, as Bloomberg reports some investigators want the DOJ to review all the documents it seized before bringing any charges—which they can’t do until after the special master’s review is complete on December 16.

Trump is being investigated for whether he violated three federal statutes—only one of which involves obstruction, while the rest concern the mishandling of government documents—and it still remains to be seen whether he could be charged for any other crimes in the investigation.

WHAT WE DON’T KNOW

What punishment Trump will face, if any. The federal statute that Trump is being investigated under that involves obstruction carries a potential fine or prison sentence of up to 20 years. Bloomberg notes it’s unlikely Trump would only be charged with obstruction and no other crimes, however. The other statutes he’s being investigated under carry fines or prison sentences of up to three or 10 years, and the DOJ also has a separate ongoing investigation into the January 6 attack on the Capitol building and Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election that could also result in charges.

CRUCIAL QUOTE

“Of all the things Trump is being investigated for around the country, obstruction of justice is a slam dunk and I think he’s going to be indicted,” Frank Figliuzzi, former FBI assistant director for counterintelligence, told Bloomberg. “I don’t see why a charge of obstruction of justice couldn’t be filed by the end of the year.”

KEY BACKGROUND

The Justice Department has been investigating the Mar-A-Lago documents since February, when National Archives officials referred the matter to the DOJ after discovering that Trump brought classified documents back with him to the Florida estate. After Trump initially turned over 15 boxes of documents to the National Archives in January—following reportedly a months-long effort by Archives officials to get the documents back—DOJ officials issued a grand jury subpoena in May demanding Trump return all remaining classified documents at Mar-A-Lago to the federal government. His attorneys only gave the government a single folder containing 38 documents, the DOJ has said in court filings, leading the agency to ultimately obtain a search warrant and search Mar-A-Lago itself in August due to suspicions there were still more documents being kept there. Agents ultimately seized approximately100 classified documents—including ones labeled top secret—and more than 11,000 non-classified White House documents during their August search.

Trump has repeatedly claimed that he “declassified” documents that he brought back to Mar-A-Lago with him, though his attorneys have never explicitly said he did in court filings and experts are skeptical he would have followed the proper protocols to do so. Whether or not Trump declassified anything is unlikely to impact whether he’ll face charges, however, as the three statutes he’s being investigated under broadly concern government documents in general, or ones related to national security, and do not specify the documents must be classified

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggghhhh!

Edited by Willfully Horn
More
  • Rage+1 7

7 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

This does seem to demonstrate knowledge that he should not be in possession of the Un letters, and they are among the least "toxic" of the documents he has taken and withheld.  They are clearly, but merely, Presidential Records (as opposed to classified stuff).

They might be classified.  There is a lot of diplomatic stuff that is classified because their broad release could limit our diplomatic efforts.  It's not all troop movement and spy identifications.  If Un said "...you know, I'm only mostly heterosexual..."  well, that should be classified because Trump breaking that confidence could have major diplomatic implications. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Tuco said:

They might be classified.  There is a lot of diplomatic stuff that is classified because their broad release could limit our diplomatic efforts.  It's not all troop movement and spy identifications.  If Un said "...you know, I'm only mostly heterosexual..."  well, that should be classified because Trump breaking that confidence could have major diplomatic implications. 

This is amazing stuff!  Un's revelation about his bisexuality perfectly coincides with (and explains) how he and Trump "fell in love" over the letters exchanged.  Stories of young love keep me hopeful for humanity.  Maybe when he flees the country, Trump can exile to North Korea and let this love story continue to blossom. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

“Dear Dotard, last night with you was bliss. I fear my orgasm has left me a cripple. I don't how how I shall ever get back to work.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

They indeed might, but I rather doubt Carlbob Woodstein would have dictated from them if they were so marked.

Nevertheless, Trump might have a legitimate, if mistaken, belief that letters from Un are his personal items.  But that conversation indicates that he knew damn right they didn't belong to him and he shouldn't be in possession of them.

Which would then seem to "go double" for things marked "Top Secret" and more potentially damaging and clearly Presidential Records.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Whoa, you guys mean Trump might have lied in his lawsuit where he tried to get the courts to falsify the Georgia election results?  The same lawsuit he filed after threatening the Georgia Secretary of State to falsify the exact number of votes he needed (or else!) didn’t work?  

I don’t know.  That kind of seems unlikely.  I just think he’s honest and loves America.

It's just all so confusing.  

19 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I don’t know.  That kind of seems unlikely.  I just think he’s honest and loves America.

Yeah, I mean he hugged a flag. It's obvious that he loves America.

1 hour ago, Disco Strangler said:

This is amazing stuff!  Un's revelation about his bisexuality perfectly coincides with (and explains) how he and Trump "fell in love" over the letters exchanged.  Stories of young love keep me hopeful for humanity.  Maybe when he flees the country, Trump can exile to North Korea and let this love story continue to blossom. 

Love wins

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As I have predicted, rumors are swirling that Trump wants to "settle" the Mar A Lago dispute.  https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/19/politics/trump-mar-a-lago-second-search/index.html

He's feeling the heat, losing his attempts to be dilatory, so, true to plan tendency (there's never a plan with this asshole) he's going to try to "settle."  Except crimes don't work that way, Donald.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

As I have predicted, rumors are swirling that Trump wants to "settle" the Mar A Lago dispute.  https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/19/politics/trump-mar-a-lago-second-search/index.html

He's feeling the heat, losing his attempts to be dilatory, so, true to plan tendency (there's never a plan with this asshole) he's going to try to "settle."  Except crimes don't work that way, Donald.

lol. wow. perfect illustration of someone who has literally never faced consequences in their life. gonna be 'fun' to watch this go down

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

DOJ Prosecutors Have Evidence To Charge Trump With Obstruction In Mar-A-Lago Case—But Still Unclear If They Will, Report Says

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2022/10/19/doj-prosecutors-have-evidence-to-charge-trump-with-obstruction-in-mar-a-lago-case-but-still-unclear-if-they-will-report-says/amp/

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggghhhh!

They could have had him any day

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

They could have had him any day

They're going to want to bring all charges related to this at once.  And, while obstruction is serious enough, if he did something nefarious with the documents, especially the classified ones, that is going to weigh heavily on the decision to prosecute.

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Seriously, how have they not thrown down search warrants on ALL of his properties? 

They need something beyond suspicion, even if that suspicion is highly valid.

4 hours ago, Disco Strangler said:

Dennis Rodman can officiate the ceremony 

• Haha 2

I think he's been told and is beginning to understand that this is not a "dispute over an overdue library book" and that his prior shenanigans regarding the documents were a bad move that put him in pretty serious jeopardy.

That he's considering this, if true, means he's having a bit of a comeuppance.  I bet he's shitting his depends, more than usual.

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think he's been told and is beginning to understand that this is not a "dispute over an overdue library book" and that his prior shenanigans regarding the documents were a bad move that put him in pretty serious jeopardy.

That he's considering this, if true, means he's having a bit of a comeuppance.  I bet he's shitting his depends, more than usual.

Nonsense, they're not going to do anything to The Greatest Man the World Has Ever Seen.

• Like 1

Just now, Willfully Horn said:

That’s a double standard. John Durham wasn’t so fastidious.

The more power a criminal wields, the greater the necessity to bring them to justice.

To properly obtain a search warrant, you must have probable cause that a crime has been committed and evidence of said crime will be found at the searched premises.  That goes a bit beyond mere suspicion.

Surely, you aren't advocating that DOJ go all Louisville PD/Houston PD and make up shit to get a search warrant. 

Durham brought two loser cases and lost.  But he had probable cause to indict the two cases or they never would have made it to trial.

This is what happens when you don't carefully nail shit down.

The one sure way to insure that Trump never suffers consequences is to bring some half-assed, politically motivated prosecution, where the charged crimes aren't supported by the law or the provable facts, i.e. pull a Durham.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement