A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

14 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

well you see, trump math means that 9 misdirections + 6 absurd explanations x 4 frivolous lawsuits = one reasonable explanation.

get out your conversion chart. 

You forgot the insults. Definitely part of the equation. 

13 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Is he, though?

Yeah, I don’t believe the front runner part is true. 

13 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Is he, though?

He is, but not a strong one.  Most recent thing I found was he was under 50% (48 to DeSantis' 34).  Close, but until there's a) clear national polling that Trump is losing to DeSantis or b) his endorsement isn't the deciding factor in primaries, he is the frontrunner and kingmaker, still. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

You forgot the insults. Definitely part of the equation. 

Yeah, I don’t believe the front runner part is true. 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

He is, but not a strong one.  Most recent thing I found was he was under 50% (48 to DeSantis' 34).  Close, but until there's a) clear national polling that Trump is losing to DeSantis or b) his endorsement isn't the deciding factor in primaries, he is the frontrunner and kingmaker, still. 

My apologies for not being clear in my attempt to whine.   Is he really "about to be indicted" was what I was trying to ask.   

During his congressional testimony on Wednesday, former special counsel Robert Mueller noted that part of his decision to refrain from considering an indictment of President Donald Trump was attributed to a long-standing Justice Department policy: According to the agency’s Office of Legal Counsel, a sitting president cannot be charged with a federal crime

So why hasn't he been indicted by now for just that alone?  Not holding my breath.

15 hours ago, aggie08 said:

A recently ex-President--and frontrunner for the GOP nomination--is about to be indicted for stealing documents at the highest levels of classification, and he hasn't even bothered trying to give a reasonable explanation as to why he took them.

I know the last 6 years have been absolutely batshit fucking crazy...but how absurd is that statement...and how laughable is it that a large segment of our population wants to just gloss over it.

Fire. And I wrote earlier, Trump is daring Garland to indict him.

8 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

we don't need twitter, or newspapers for that matter, to tell us that every shitty criminal thing we already assume happened, happened.

you can't trust your lying eyes, ears, or brain. do what you're told and believe what we tell you to believe. and then you will be happy!

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-russia-fbi-sources-confidential-maralago-1234608878/

DONALD TRUMP IN the final days of his presidency repeatedly threatened to out government sources involved in the Trump-Russia investigation, an anti-Deep State revenge fantasy he still obsesses over to this day, according to two former senior Trump aides and another person familiar with the matter. 

One of these sources tells Rolling Stone that in the days after the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, the then-president, sometimes while brandishing pieces of paper, would loudly complain that none of the identifying facts in the highly sensitive Russia documents should be blacked-out. Trump would insist, the source says, that it should “all be out there” so that the American people could see the truth of who “did it” to the president. 

Ultimately, top intelligence officials and other Trump lieutenants talked him out of publicizing the sources’ identities before he left the White House, the sources say. Instead, Trump’s team bargained him down to vetting a series of heavily redacted reports that they argued would help safeguard the work and safety of Russia-related informants.

But a third source familiar with the situation says that this obsession with outing the confidential sources is ongoing. The former president, the source says, still sporadically talks about the need to get “the names” out into the public record. A Trump spokesperson did not immediately respond to Rolling Stone’s request for comment.

As Trump faces accusations that he hoarded sensitive classified documents at his private residence in Florida, the last-minute battle over redactions highlights how his disregard for security concerns at times has even rattled aides close to him.

Trump’s threats to out sources were part of a broader push during the chaotic end of his presidency. In December of 2020, as the odds against a successful overturning of the election grew longer, Trump and his chief of staff Mark Meadows pushed the Justice Department to declassify a binder full of records related to the FBI’s 2016 Russia investigation. In his memoir, Meadows described himself in the final hours of the Trump presidency going line by line through the “notes, memos and emails” in the binder to ensure it “would not inadvertently disclose sources and methods.”

Spoiler

With hours left before President Joe Biden took office in Jan. 2021, the White House sent a presidential memo to the Director of National Intelligence, CIA director, and acting Attorney General. The memo ordering the declassification of the binder references concern from the FBI, which stated its “continuing objection to any further declassification” of the binder on the grounds that specific passages “included Intelligence Community equities.” In an apparent nod to the efforts to walk the then-president back from outing “the names,” the memo says his declassification order “does not require the disclosure of certain personally identifiable information.” 

The order also exempts from declassification any material that “must be protected from disclosure pursuant to orders of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court,” according to the memo.

At the same time, Trump gave conservative reporter John Solomon access to some of the documents. In a statement to Rolling Stone, Solomon says that on January 19, 2021, Trump allowed him “on two occasions, to briefly review a stack of documents that I was told were the declassified documents” and that he received “a small subset of the declassified documents” from the Justice Department in the mail at the time.

Through his outlet, Just The News, Solomon subsequently reported that the documents included “transcripts of intercepts made by the FBI of Trump aides” and “a declassified copy of the final FISA warrant approved by an intelligence court.” The Justice Department also mailed him a declassified transcript of FBI informant Stefan Halper’s conversations with former Trump campaign advisor Carter Page and notes of an FBI interview with Christopher Steele, the former British intelligence officer who circulated a dossier with allegations about Trump’s relationship with Russia, both of which featured in Solomon stories in 2021.

The binder of materials that Trump obsessed over in the waning days of his presidency was never released in full, but Trump and his allies’ interest in getting access to the records has continued since he left the White House.

Senators Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) wrote to the Justice Department earlier this year complaining that the department has “failed to declassify a single page” since Trump issued his memo. In attempting to review the documents, the senators said their staff had spent “multiple days and countless hours in the Department’s classified facility” trying to locate documents purportedly covered by the order as Justice Department officials had “failed to identify” them.

Solomon, appointed as Trump’s designee to the National Archives this summer, says he has continued to seek access to memos from tranche of documents but that the Archives has told him one set is not available in an “easily discernible manner” while another set remains with the Justice Department awaits “requested Privacy Act redactions.”

Trump, meanwhile, has reportedly continued to seek the release of Russia investigation-related documents. The former president reportedly tried to barter with the National Archives to hand back presidential recordsheld at his Mar-a-Lago residence in exchange for the release of an unspecified batch of documents he believed would reflect poorly on the FBI’s 2016 Russia investigation, according to The New York Times.

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-russia-fbi-sources-confidential-maralago-1234608878/

Reveal hidden contents

With hours left before President Joe Biden took office in Jan. 2021, the White House sent a presidential memo to the Director of National Intelligence, CIA director, and acting Attorney General. The memo ordering the declassification of the binder references concern from the FBI, which stated its “continuing objection to any further declassification” of the binder on the grounds that specific passages “included Intelligence Community equities.” In an apparent nod to the efforts to walk the then-president back from outing “the names,” the memo says his declassification order “does not require the disclosure of certain personally identifiable information.” 

The order also exempts from declassification any material that “must be protected from disclosure pursuant to orders of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court,” according to the memo.

At the same time, Trump gave conservative reporter John Solomon access to some of the documents. In a statement to Rolling Stone, Solomon says that on January 19, 2021, Trump allowed him “on two occasions, to briefly review a stack of documents that I was told were the declassified documents” and that he received “a small subset of the declassified documents” from the Justice Department in the mail at the time.

Through his outlet, Just The News, Solomon subsequently reported that the documents included “transcripts of intercepts made by the FBI of Trump aides” and “a declassified copy of the final FISA warrant approved by an intelligence court.” The Justice Department also mailed him a declassified transcript of FBI informant Stefan Halper’s conversations with former Trump campaign advisor Carter Page and notes of an FBI interview with Christopher Steele, the former British intelligence officer who circulated a dossier with allegations about Trump’s relationship with Russia, both of which featured in Solomon stories in 2021.

The binder of materials that Trump obsessed over in the waning days of his presidency was never released in full, but Trump and his allies’ interest in getting access to the records has continued since he left the White House.

Senators Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) wrote to the Justice Department earlier this year complaining that the department has “failed to declassify a single page” since Trump issued his memo. In attempting to review the documents, the senators said their staff had spent “multiple days and countless hours in the Department’s classified facility” trying to locate documents purportedly covered by the order as Justice Department officials had “failed to identify” them.

Solomon, appointed as Trump’s designee to the National Archives this summer, says he has continued to seek access to memos from tranche of documents but that the Archives has told him one set is not available in an “easily discernible manner” while another set remains with the Justice Department awaits “requested Privacy Act redactions.”

Trump, meanwhile, has reportedly continued to seek the release of Russia investigation-related documents. The former president reportedly tried to barter with the National Archives to hand back presidential recordsheld at his Mar-a-Lago residence in exchange for the release of an unspecified batch of documents he believed would reflect poorly on the FBI’s 2016 Russia investigation, according to The New York Times.

6 years later and the attitude is still "if i did something bad, the goal is to make the person who reported it suffer instead of me."

good lesson for the kids out there.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Two things:

1. Those are some dicksucking lips but the downside she's kind of manly looking.  You might wonder, "Hmmm, maybe she IS a man" but that's refuted by her lousy mom videos.

2. Whatever the Truth really is, and when the sane among us announce this, these idiots just "I'm rubber, you're glue" it.  You're the puppet.  

14 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Fe6HgEDXwAA9ElI?format=jpg&name=medium

I guess dotard got sick of Eric fucking up all the family pictures with his braindead, mouth-agape stare. "Eric, would you mind getting up there and snapping a pic little buddy? Nobody can work a camera like you can.......no, hold on ......turn it around..... the other way. Great job, little buddy."

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I can't imagine dropping the kind of money those other folks did to have dinner at that event and your table gift is a fucking gimme ballcap.  In fucking lime green btw.  Every fundraiser I've ever organized, our table gifts are carefully thought out and worth typically 10% of the value of their ticket/donation.  I'm guessing those folks paid at least $5k and those hats from China wholesale for maybe $5.  

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I can't imagine dropping the kind of money those other folks did to have dinner at that event and your table gift is a fucking gimme ballcap.  In fucking lime green btw.  Every fundraiser I've ever organized, our table gifts are carefully thought out and worth typically 10% of the value of their ticket/donation.  I'm guessing those folks paid at least $5k and those hats from China wholesale for maybe $5.  

fools and their money....

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement