A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Don, Jr. as 'Turbo', Eric as 'Ozone', Ivanka as 'Kelly'

You know that sat in a room and high-fived each other, "There's no way they can possibly connect this new company to our old one, we even changed the name!"  

Yall hear that? We using code names.

Edited by TheStoicPaisano
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Oh he absolutely has NOT lost Thomas. This, at this stage, was never going to get votes. 

I hope, pray, dotard doesn’t understand and shits on him publicly for being a spineless loser with a fat bitch wife. Then let the q folks go in on her for being an n- word lover.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Trump is mean and evil but he’s also mentally ill. His issuance of an order immediately drawing troops from Afghanistan in defiance of his entire national security team is proof of his being a self absorbed narcissist.

This has been obvious for some time.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Oh he absolutely has NOT lost Thomas. This, at this stage, was never going to get votes. 

I mean, he didn't deny it outright on his own (as the justice overseeing the 11th circuit) but sent it to the rest of the court.  So, you can't say he lost him.

52 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Trump is mean and evil but he’s also mentally ill. His issuance of an order immediately drawing troops from Afghanistan in defiance of his entire national security team is proof of his being a self absorbed narcissist.

46 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

This has been obvious for some time.

tumblr_n7gm7wauEy1smcbm7o1_250.gif

GQP SCOTUS is a lot like Greg Davis. They can actually be effective at advancing their agendas when they have something to work with and when they have a clear advantage.

But this Trump case and the election fraud cases are a lot like being the OC at Iowa.

15 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

I mean, he didn't deny it outright on his own (as the justice overseeing the 11th circuit) but sent it to the rest of the court.  So, you can't say he lost him.

16 hours ago, Satchel said:

I think he could have, though, subject to overruling from the rest of the court.  I'm a little unclear on that.

Although I think that is legally permissible (ruling on it alone), I think it violates the "norms" of the court and would have cost him credibility among the other justices, at least for now.  Except Alito.

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

That is certainly what the 11th Circuit said.  However, it said that "callous disregard for the plaintiff's rights" (that has been interpreted to mean something other than a search warrant issued by a Magistrate Judge on a detailed affidavit, i.e. exactly what happened here), was the most important factor in the Richey v. Smith analysis, specifically:

"We begin, as the district court did, with “callous disregard,” which is the “foremost consideration” in determining whether a court should exercise its equitable jurisdiction."

Which I thought was a bit curious because even the government didn't argue that without a showing of callous disregard, the exercise fails, and a casual review of the cases didn't indicate that this factor was any more important than the other Richey factors.

Nevertheless, Trump agreed that there was no callous disregard.  And, whether that factor is the "foremost consideration" or not, a complete absence of one of the factors sure seems like it ought to be fatal.  I would not want to be advocating in a position where I concede that one of the factors in an equitable analysis is completely absent.

Regardless, the 11th Circuit seems disposed against the district court's ruling, by whatever means they use to reverse it.  But I'm not sure the strong language in the stay opinion is going to wind up carrying the day for the government.

I'm also going to guess that if the 11th reverses, it's not going to reach the executive privilege arguments, but will do it on the merits of appointing a special master at all.

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement