A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

On 10/5/2022 at 7:03 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

They all knew who Trump is. The other R nominees all said who he is during their campaigns and during the debates. Jeb Bush (JEB!) correctly pointed out that he’s a pathological liar. Jeb’s political career is over so he could just walk off into the sunset. But Rubio and Cruz have seats to protect so they caved and kissed the ring after Trump won the nomination.

But Graham, he didn’t at first. He still called out Trump for what he is even after he won.

Then they went golfing and Lindsey changed. Maybe Trump has something on him. I suppose it would be irresponsible of me to speculate but I have an idea what it might be.

I knew Lindsay was weak when he demurred after Trump gave out his private mobile number just to show just how much of an ass he really is.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, NAVY said:

Looks like at least on person still has putin’s dick in they mouth 

It’s completely on brand for Trump to think that taunts should lead to war, because only a weak man is bothered by taunts, and Trump is a weak man.  He can’t handle taunts or criticisms, and if given the chance to punish those to taunt him, he would in a heartbeat.

That’s partly why it’s funny that he talks about Walker and college football.  Trump would never last as a college football fan - the taunts would drive him insane.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

such a fucking loser 

This is an important planned shift. Hear those people cheering? Now that they’ve conditioned their partisans to minimize the attack on the capital, they are going to require support for it, and for what comes next.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

32 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Jon Cooper is one of the worst tweeters alive. 

He never links to what he's talking about and this one just flat sucks -- a penalty of "up to 20 years in prison" means 0 years to 20 years.  I wonder which side of that it would hit on?  

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

He never links to what he's talking about and this one just flat sucks -- a penalty of "up to 20 years in prison" means 0 years to 20 years.  I wonder which side of that it would hit on?  

He also talks about important things on this click baity 8th grade girl way. “Retweet if you think all Trump fans should do 5 years in jail!” sort of stupid shit.  Tonally no different than hot takes on billboard top 40 arguments.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, AnTiM said:

Since Bush was a Republican I have to assume trump is simply following in his traitorous footsteps.

Normal Presidents cooperate with NARA to place presidential records in some location, approved of and largely controlled by NARA, in anticipation of a presidential library.

And, there have been some minor spats with NARA over what's personal and what's not.

And none of that is even roughly analogous to what the shitgibbon has done.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

This one irked me more than most.  Probably the most capable R and biggest patriot since DDE is actually sloppy and maybe a Chinese spy.  (Claps and laughs all around)

Trump is right though, it’s the same thing! Except it wasn’t bush that did it, the government had control of those files, the buildings were no longer a restaurant or bowling alley, and they were made fit for purpose by the US government before hosting the documents. Oh and nothing was ever considered missing. But other than that, same situation. 

2ba8f39b-2618-41a7-b9c7-b77a98403c90_tex

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Ex-presidents are normally pretty cosy. HW Bush and Clinton, Obama and W, etc. They normally don't accuse each other of committing crimes, treason, etc. I don't think he will be very welcome in the club. And hopefully none of them attend his funeral. 

I imagine that Trump will request every possible courtesy for his state funeral. 

49 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

So, yeah, the “building of a nuclear weapon” how-to manual went missing around the same time as my family receiving control of a multi-billion dollar fund of Middle East money.  What’s your point?

I still say the narcissist isn’t selling nuclear secrets to enrich the putz that’s banging his daughter, the daughter he’d rather be banging himself. No way. The Saudis were paying Kush for state secrets he shared with them while he was working in the White House with a security clearance for which he was unqualified and to which our security agencies objected. 

So the Pizza Place basement is filled with baby's blood for the Deep State Elites?

The Chinese Place basement is filled with millions of nuclear documents? 

Let me guess, there's a Greek restaurant in Duluth, Minnesota whose basement is filled with what other government secrets?  The archives of what political elite?  You guessed it, Frank Stallone.  

Seriously, is there a way on Daily Texan I can ask, respectfully, how in the world this "unnamed, location unknown" Chinese restaurant has been housing millions of classified documents since H.W. left office 30 fucking years ago, has remained the best kept secret since who killed Hoffa?  And is only now coming to light because Trump told some people in a desert on folding chairs about it?  

26 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

fly a spirit airlines flight over pennsylvania and drop the corpse in south philly. 

11 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

his corpse should get misplaced in a hostile area like that arms plane in lord of war.  the natives will have completely dismantled it by the time any authorities show up.

that's what 'to the pain' means.

It’s the same picture.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

his corpse should get misplaced in a hostile area like that arms plane in lord of war.  the natives will have completely dismantled it by the time any authorities show up.

that's what 'to the pain' means.

It's good to see you embracing your dark side again. 

I had to rubberneck and rewatch his proclamation that H.W. Bush took millions of classified documents, not to College Station Presidential Library,  but rather to a Chinese restaurant and a bowling alley.  I mean, he's just fucking with his stupids now.  He's just riffing for riff's sake.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

It's good to see you embracing your dark side again. 

I had to rubberneck and rewatch his proclamation that H.W. Bush took millions of classified documents, not to College Station Presidential Library,  but rather to a Chinese restaurant and a bowling alley.  I mean, he's just fucking with his stupids now.  He's just riffing for riff's sake.

He's doing what he always does: saying something outrageous to change the subject.  Rather than have it be about mishandling classified documents, he is spouting off bullshit about how other Presidents dealt with non-classified Presidential records.  When the Democrats and media correct him on it, it will be on the basis of non-classified Presidential records, rather than the much more serious crime.  For folks who are barely following the issue, that changes what they think it's all about.  They will think it's a question of whether Trump is getting held to a different standard over non-classified Presidential records.  And regardless of what they conclude is the answer to that question, it will seem like big fuss over paperwork. 

33 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

@TwiceHorn Isn't what Trump is doing the equivalent to shouting "Fire!" in a crowded theater. Is it really just the First Amendment that let's him accuse the FBI of panting evidence in public while refusing to accuse them in court? Is there any legal redress for this?

Well, the "fire in a crowded theater" thing is highly overblown to the point of being mythical. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shouting_fire_in_a_crowded_theater

So, no.  One limit on the protection of free speech is that the government may legislate against and prosecute speech that incites "imminent lawless action."

548-with-text.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=78d5d4e

We've never really had a person in a position of power and influence that lies as blatantly as Trump.  So it is kind of testing the limits of free speech or better yet, the desirability of the "marketplace of ideas."  I think "ideas" tend to mean things that are not verifiably false, and "marketplace" implies an audience that is not credulous.  But like a lot of things legal, we aren't really prepared for a shitass like Trump and trying to alter First Amendment law to shut him the fuck up would probably have a lot of unintended consequences.

And, going back to the master thing, it is highly unusual for a judge to impose a "put up or shut up" requirement on a party.  Routinely, if a party offers no proof of an allegation, they will receive no relief from the court on that allegation, that's just the way it works.  A corollary to that is that if a party has an allegation that it could attempt to prove in a court case (for example, the government planted documents), and they bypass that opportunity, they will be forever foreclosed from doing so in the future, at least against that same opposing party, and that's called res judicata, thing adjudicated.  There may be a decent argument that by seeking this Special Master, and not alleging some of the more outlandish things he's said, he is forever foreclosed from raising those arguments in a subsequent proceeding against the government, like a criminal prosecution.

And if you really want to dig into it, the "Chinese restaurant/bowling alley" is literally true (I think), but a lot of information is left out.  Same with the Obama's 33 million documents in a warehouse in Chicago.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, the "fire in a crowded theater" thing is highly overblown to the point of being mythical. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shouting_fire_in_a_crowded_theater

So, no.  One limit on the protection of free speech is that the government may legislate against and prosecute speech that incites "imminent lawless action."

548-with-text.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=78d5d4e

We've never really had a person in a position of power and influence that lies as blatantly as Trump.  So it is kind of testing the limits of free speech or better yet, the desirability of the "marketplace of ideas."  I think "ideas" tend to mean things that are not verifiably false, and "marketplace" implies an audience that is not credulous.  But like a lot of things legal, we aren't really prepared for a shitass like Trump and trying to alter First Amendment law to shut him the fuck up would probably have a lot of unintended consequences.

And, going back to the master thing, it is highly unusual for a judge to impose a "put up or shut up" requirement on a party.  Routinely, if a party offers no proof of an allegation, they will receive no relief from the court on that allegation, that's just the way it works.  A corollary to that is that if a party has an allegation that it could attempt to prove in a court case (for example, the government planted documents), and they bypass that opportunity, they will be forever foreclosed from doing so in the future, at least against that same opposing party, and that's called res judicata, thing adjudicated.  There may be a decent argument that by seeking this Special Master, and not alleging some of the more outlandish things he's said, he is forever foreclosed from raising those arguments in a subsequent proceeding against the government, like a criminal prosecution.

And if you really want to dig into it, the "Chinese restaurant/bowling alley" is literally true (I think), but a lot of information is left out.  Same with the Obama's 33 million documents in a warehouse in Chicago.

Yeah team MAGA is already walking this back.  Stating that the warehouse used in 1993/94 by Bush to store things while library plans were vetted was on top of a site that used to be a bowling alley.  And said warehouse was adjacent to a store that was once a Chinese restaurant.  By the way, NARA was involved with that document selection/transportation unlike with Trump.  Also, after you go bowling in a Chinese restaurant, do you crave more frames an hour afterwards?

You can play their moronic game out to its logical conclusion.  The LBJ archives are stored on top of a strategic oil reserve.  The Bush 43 archives are stored on top of an ancient Comanche burial ground.  And of course the Obama archives stored on top a place where a young black man was shot down by an illegally obtained gun in Chicago.  

Obviously, somebody needs to do a meme/gif/whatever of Trump's archives being stored in a landscape warehouse outside Philadelphia.  

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

Ex-presidents are normally pretty cosy. HW Bush and Clinton, Obama and W, etc. They normally don't accuse each other of committing crimes, treason, etc. I don't think he will be very welcome in the club. And hopefully none of them attend his funeral. 

The only reason to attend his funeral would be to piss on his grave.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement