2021 Rain Thread

South Austin

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I was watching that avatar thing "Grimes" (yes she mated with Elon and the name of their child is weird) an Alanis M. and whatever that Nick somthing I was enjoying the show. 

Your sarcasm is always on point, I can’t even tell if this is real or not. I grabbed my remote to see, but decided against interrupting my current Arliss episode on HBO Max to tempt fate. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hate said:

That’s got to be almost as depressing as rain all the time. It reminds me of 2011 here and how it got to be depressing looking at the 7 day forecast with no chance of rain week after week.

And now come the mudslides after months of drought and forest fires.

KXAN;

Our next chance of rain will coincidently be brought on by a very similar weather pattern as our last storm. Our flooding rain last week was brought to us by the remains of once Hurricane Pamela out in the Eastern Pacific which later weakened over the mountains of Mexico. The moisture of the remains of Pamela collided with a deepening trough and an approaching front. Setting the stage for that flooding event. This time around we could similarly have another potential weakening Pacific tropical storm colliding with a deepening trough and influencing our weather here at home in about a week’s time.

https://www.kxan.com/weather/weather-blog/first-warning-next-heavy-rain-flooding-threat-could-arrive-in-a-week/

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

KXAN;

Our next chance of rain will coincidently be brought on by a very similar weather pattern as our last storm. Our flooding rain last week was brought to us by the remains of once Hurricane Pamela out in the Eastern Pacific which later weakened over the mountains of Mexico. The moisture of the remains of Pamela collided with a deepening trough and an approaching front. Setting the stage for that flooding event. This time around we could similarly have another potential weakening Pacific tropical storm colliding with a deepening trough and influencing our weather here at home in about a week’s time.

https://www.kxan.com/weather/weather-blog/first-warning-next-heavy-rain-flooding-threat-could-arrive-in-a-week/

30 rock my body is ready GIF

23 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

KXAN;

image.jpeg.1bf9410f3107360f67750409df6bc771.jpeg

Wow.  Three inches in 30 minutes already.  For once, KXAN actually undersold a storm.  

Everybody be safe out there this morning.  Looks like it’ll go until about 8am or so but I’ll await further instructions from PhDhorn.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Wow.  Three inches in 30 minutes already.  For once, KXAN actually undersold a storm.  

Everybody be safe out there this morning.  Looks like it’ll go until about 8am or so but I’ll await further instructions from PhDhorn.  

Good for you. According to the closest LCRA gauge, we have only had .69” (niiiiice) since Midnight at my place. 

My house was right in the middle of a tornado warning earlier today. We had another tree snapped in half and lost a good section of fence. This is the 4th Texas Oak I’ve had split in half during storms in the time I’ve lived here. I think I will no longer plant Texas Oak trees here.