2021 Rain Thread

South Austin

Update:

Weather models are showing (I'll be back if they change):

Tonight: Clouding up by dinner time.  "Frontal" type squall line comes through overnight, can drop a lot of rain maybe.  Not nec. severe but 1-2 could be.  Rain lingers after that... could be a 1"-2" event for a lot (yeah, we'll see).

Wed.: more or less dry day, a "break" between the 2 systems.
Thurs.: 2nd bigger low moves toward us, rain picks up Thurs. afternoon.  Periods of heavy rain scattered.
Fri.: same - on/off all day periods of rain, some heavy.  Too early to tell if all day or 1-2 concentrated periods.
Sat.: rain moves out by evening.  Between Fri.- Sat. 2"-5" could fall in some spots.  Everyone should get at least an inch or so.

Always dicey to predict this stuff but I'll be back if the above looks like crapola eventually.

• Hook 'Em 3

Man that was quite the lightning show a bit ago. Pouring in 78717. 

I always wanted to have that cool Bill Paxton moment in Twister where the tornado hits and they're yelling, "Its coming...its headed right for us." And he's all "Its already here!"

Can't even find decent Twister giphs...like that.

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

That is not mud. 

I’ll never forget the year they put Dillo Dirt in Zilker right before ACL years ago only to have it rain right before and during the festival. Watching drunk/high patrons running and sliding head first in that sludge was pretty disgusting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Ewreck10 said:

I’ll never forget the year they put Dillo Dirt in Zilker right before ACL years ago only to have it rain right before and during the festival. Watching drunk/high patrons running and sliding head first in that sludge was pretty disgusting. 

Yes. That would be the reference. 

• Hook 'Em 1

It was suddenly, and powerfully, loud, South of town, several times tonight. Our black mouth cur mix has fucks on credit. If a fuck is needed, other folks better handle it. She has no fear. She wants her belly rubbed, right now.

It’s pouring, once again.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Phrasing

Update:

Not much change to the forecast, Round 1 did its job.

The only change from my post yesterday is that the systems are moving slower than at first, so the 2nd system will move in late Thursday, not late tonight.

Today rain still lingers, but the sun should actually come out afternoon.
Thursday, not today, is our dry "break" day.
Friday/Saturday are the big rain days.  Could see 2-3 more inches easily widespread.

ACL looking more and more like a humid, smelly, muddy mess - if they don't axe some of each day entirely.