Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

15 minutes ago, Kurt Bowels said:

No Boom or Bust thread.... No Tosh or Bust thread ... No Raymond or Bust thread ...

Please don't jinx this. We really need this after 35 years of mostly underachievement in football.

settle down Kurt.  It was a joke based on his nickname.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex48 said:

I still don't get how Yurcich was the 8th highest paid OC this past year.  Did Herman just tell Texas pay him anything it takes to get him to sign.

When you hire coordinators with options in a hotseat/lameduck season, you have to overpay. Remember this shit?

Edited by Redmen62
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Guessing Sark has guys he wants and already has agreements with and is looking for the DC that will accept them. Likely why Muschamp and Odom would be a no because they are experienced enough to believe in the guys they want with them.

4 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Did Mrs. Muschamp enjoy her time in Austin?

Will’s wife loved Austin, and the Muschamps had the Moffitts ready to move to Austin when Will was planning to take over as HC. I witnessed Mrs. Moffitt say as much. (Don’t expect Moffitt to defect, even if we get Will as DC. Moffitt was only considering coming when he thought Will was going to be running things.)

Also, Will LOVED Gideon, as should have been obvious from Will’s starting him as a freshman. He also appears to be fond of Hutzler. Sounds like we’re trying to make him an offer he can’t refuse. I hope we can pull it off. 

Edited by Chili dog
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, cafe society said:

It seems to me that the hiring of Gideon heralds the exit of DC Chris Ash.  They both coach safeties, so unless Gideon is transitioning to TEs - and we've been told he'll be working in the secondary - there's no place for Ash.  

I thought they are thinking of keeping Ash as DC, just cause he’s coaches safeties too doesn’t mean a Gideon hire is a sign he’s gone for sure I wouldn’t think.   He would maybe  have a place focusing on being DC....

Edited by Hook1997

1 hour ago, Kurt Bowels said:

I bought hardcorehorny.com for the typosquatting potential.

Horny GIFs | Tenor

This is my front page

Horny Funny GIFs | Tenor

I started a local Texas Exes chapter for game watches.  One of my friends dad’s started calling them Horny Parties, so this hits close to home. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I thought they are thinking of keeping Ash as DC, just cause he’s coaches safeties too doesn’t mean a Gideon hire is a sign he’s gone for sure I wouldn’t think.   He would maybe  have a place focusing on being DC....

No, you don’t understand, a poster earlier said that Gideon’s hire must mean Ash is out, so first it must be repeated to death, then it will be claimed as “from a source”, then we can reach the final boss, the “well we know for sure that Ash is gone if Gideon coaches safeties.”

The Surly machine has no off button, but it’s a one trick pony.

Edited by The Earl of Texas
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

No, you don’t understand, a poster earlier said that Gideon’s hire must mean Ash is out, so first it must be repeated to death, then it will be claimed as “from a source”, then we can reach the final boss, the “well we know for sure that Ash is gone if Gideon coaches safeties.”
The Surly machine has no off button, but it’s a one trick pony.

And there it is, onetrickpony.com

2 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

image.thumb.png.37554098efe797c87981f0178827b21b.png

I will note that the fact that he also followed Bama's RB coach may mean he is just following a bunch of Bama's offensive coaches because he will soon be running that offense.  Plus, note that Carrington recently started following Keary Colbert (and not Wiggins).

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Looks like Wiggins it is. 

TE coach will need to be a rain-maker. 

This is what I'm not getting. Did Saban actually hire a shitty coach or just a shitty recruiter? I know nothing of the guy but Saban checked off on it so he must have some qualities that we want as well right?

1 minute ago, Butch Had Not said:

This is what I'm not getting. Did Saban actually hire a shitty coach or just a shitty recruiter? I know nothing of the guy but Saban checked off on it so he must have some qualities that we want as well right?

He's a good coach. There just isn't a recruiting rainmaker on that side pending the TE hire except Sark himself.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I will note that the fact that he also followed Bama's RB coach may mean he is just following a bunch of Bama's offensive coaches because he will soon be running that offense.  Plus, note that Carrington recently started following Keary Colbert (and not Wiggins).

Unless hear me out here. Charles Huff Will be coming as well but as TE coach 

https://247sports.com/Coach/Charles-Huff-1732/AllTimeRecruits/

• Hook 'Em 1