Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

Listening to Rod B today he said Earl gave credit to Gideon for helping him become who he was. Continuously getting him into the position to allow his talents to take over

Did he also say that Gideon taught him to Eiffel Tower like a true Frenchmen?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

How about the fake punt during the championship game that instead of knocking down and getting the ball at the LoS, Gideon caught it 40 yards down the field?

Wrong thread. You are looking for TOS. Fuck off there 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

How about the fake punt during the championship game that instead of knocking down and getting the ball at the LoS, Gideon caught it 40 yards down the field?

Yes, see its these little things that he now knows not to do that make him a good ST coach.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I'd love to know how this is in any way relevant to his potential future as an assistant coach on Sark's staff. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, TexasFan21 said:

I think I rather have Ash even though last year I was against Ash due to him being a comfort hire and his most recent experience being BIG X. I believed having to learn on the fly how to deal with BIG XII offenses was going to result in a poor performing defense. Well that became apparent after the TT game but Ash did not make excuses. He said he was surprised by the speed and that he did not have his guys ready and then went on to improve his defense every game. Also, do we really want a DC that Leach thinks is worth hiring? I know everyone says he has done well but still first gut reaction when you see Leach next to the name cannot be helped.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Interesting 

21241676-D76D-4300-B9A1-28BE285EB293.png

Mobile doesn’t list them by most recent first. Uses an algorithm to list them with the ones most likely to be of interest to you at the top. 

His most recent follows don't have any relation to Texas

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RichUT said:

I'd love to know how this is in any way relevant to his potential future as an assistant coach on Sark's staff. 

It’s called a snarky comment about an assistant coach we’re about to hire or already did. Untwist your panties, mrs Gideon.

7 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yes, see its these little things that he now knows not to do that make him a good ST coach.

Now this I can get behind. Do not as I did sorta deal.  

For the record, I’m totally supportive of him coming here if he is as talented at coaching as people are making him out to be. And if this hire means the ideal defensive staff posted a page back comes true than great.

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It's so cringe when people put shit like "Angela's husband" in their bio. 

Especially when you track changes over time, and it reads "Angela's Brittany's Brittney's Chastity's Desiree's Destiny's Don's Dawn's husband" ... 

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Safeties...thanks for the year Ash. I do not think Muschamp is dead yet folks. Only reason to slow play could be buyout reasons? 

I can't go for the ol'conspiracy theory that it's a smokescreen from a coaching target so soon again after the Urbantics we witnessed last month.

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

what does this mean?

image.png

He tries so hard to be clever or humorous and he's neither. It's always grim to see his attempts to turn a phrase or craft an analogy.

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Someone posted on another site Carrington is now following Colbert and Raymond.

The word from the start has been that Carrington had a good shot to keep his job. With him actively involved with the recruiting end after talking to Sarkisian, it's looking pretty good.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

I’m going to preface this post by saying I have no idea what Saban’s plans are in regards to retirement but I am friendly with a member of his family.

Obviously, I’ve asked them when do they think he’ll hang it up. This is what they’ve said.

First, one of his fears is that he’ll end up like Bear Bryant - retire from coaching and die of heart attack 37 days later and never get to enjoy his golden years and grandchildren. His own father dropped dead of a heart attack at 46. So the person I know says he has joked he’ll just keep coaching until he can’t.

Miss Terry was interviewed after The Iron Bowl and said he about drove her crazy when he was under Covid quarantine and couldn’t coach. She joked that she told him she wasn’t going to let him retire because they’d end up divorced.

Also, everyone will know a year in advance when he does retire. Bama is a place where coaches are revered more than players even. The university will want to celebrate his career and do all kinds of stuff. Name the field after him, name University Boulevard after him, bring back a bunch of former players etc. And ESPN will want to milk the shit out of his last season. They’ll do a damn feature every week of the season.

All that to say, he may retire after next season but we’ll know that probably within a month after this season ends.

My gut says he’ll probably coach another 4-5 years barring drastic circumstances.

Also - Albert Means didn’t get anything. Logan Young paid his dickface coach, Lynn Lang $150,000 and Lang was the one who used part of that cash to buy a Ford Expedition. That’s how the whole thing fell apart - Lang didn’t spread the money around like promised and he got ratted out.

Anyway, back to TikTok models and coaching wishlists!

I talked to a friend that works there today and they said they wouldn't be surprised if Saban coached past Bowden or Paterno in terms of age. If he did that, he's got another 11-15 years in him on the sidelines. As healthy as he looks on the sidelines, I guess it wouldn't stun me.

Edited by closetojumping
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2