Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

3 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I am starting to think we are just fucking with the other candidates by leaking all possible top candidates to force the issue... it’s like they are trying to force boom to shit or get off the pot

Yeah, maybe I'm giving Sark too much credit right off the bat, but there is just no way our very offensive minded head coach hired Gideon to coach safeties without input from whoever his DC is going to be. Either Gideon is going to focus almost exclusively on special teams or our DC is in the boat and not announced/hasn't leaked yet for whatever reason. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah, maybe I'm giving Sark too much credit right off the bat, but there is just no way our very offensive minded head coach hired Gideon to coach safeties without input from whoever his DC is going to be. Either Gideon is going to focus almost exclusively on special teams or our DC is in the boat and not announced/hasn't leaked yet for whatever reason. 
This is my thought. Very odd that there are still new "reached out to x for the dc role" rumors coming out when we've already hired someone to the staff. If we actually don't know who our dc will be, hiring Gideon seems...strange.

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Who’s the highest paid DC in the country and what do they make?

Defensive coordinators lead the way in latest USA Today assistant salary database

By Zach Barnett -  December 15, 2020

The latest USA Today coaching salary database, released Tuesday, shows that defensive coordinators accounted for…

… 4 of the top 5
… 7 of the top 8
… 12 of the top 16

… highest paid assistant coaches. That group was primarily populated by the SEC, but the ACC, Big Ten and Big 12 were all represented among the top eight.

Here is the top 25 (for purposes of documenting trends within the industry, we’re ignoring pandemic-induced pay cuts and listing only what each coach was scheduled to make in 2020):

1. Steve Sarkisian, Alabama — $2.5 million
1. Kevin Steele, Auburn — $2.5 million
3. Brent Venables, Clemson — $2.4 million
4. Bo Pelini, LSU — $2.305 million
5. Mike Elko, Texas A&M — $2.1 million
6. Todd Grantham, Florida — $1.801 million
7. Alex Grinch, Oklahoma — $1.8 million
8. Don Brown, Michigan — $1.7 million
8. Mike Yurcich, Texas — $1.7 million
10. Jim Chaney, Tennessee — $1.6 million
10. Tony Elliott, Clemson — $1.6 million
12. Kerry Coombs, Ohio State — $1.4 million
13. Barry Odom, Arkansas — $1.3 million
14. Dan Lanning, Georgia — $1.25 million
15. Pete Golding, Alabama — $1.225 million
16. Travaris Robinson, South Carolina — $1.2 million
16. Mike Bobo, South Carolina — $1.2 million
16. Kevin Wilson, Ohio State — $1.2 million
19. Greg Mattison, Ohio State — $1.133 million
19. Larry Johnson, Ohio State — $1.133 million
21. Jim Leonhard, Wisconsin — $1.128 million
22. Todd Monken, Georgia — $1.1 million
22. Pete Kiwatkowsi, Washington — $1.1 million
24. Derrick Ansley, Tennessee — $1 million
25. Kendal Briles, Arkansas — $1 million
25. Steve Ensminger, LSU — $1 million

https://footballscoop.com/news/defensive-coordinators-lead-the-way-in-latest-usa-today-assistant-salary-database/

17 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Any reason to keep any assistant hires under wraps?  Seems like we would announce them as soon as they happened. 

I believe Muschamp is negotiating with SCAR about a lump sum payment due to some clerical errors in his contract. Publicly taking a deal with Texas or another school right now at say $2.5 million would allow SCAR to lowball. 

Edited by Sir Ulrich

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

I believe Muschamp is negotiating with SCAR about a lump sum payment due some clerical errors in his contract. Publicly taking a deal with Texas or another school right now at say $2.5 million would allow SCAR to lowball. 

so fuck the cocks ?

10 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

I believe Muschamp is negotiating with SCAR about a lump sum payment due some clerical errors in his contract. Publicly taking a deal with Texas or another school right now at say $2.5 million would allow SCAR to lowball. 

That would also explain the rumor of Muschamp turning Texas down, to not pollute those discussions. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If it is Boom then it means we could keep him for quite some time. Especially if he does well. I don’t think another fbs program will hire him. 

Be it Boom or be it Ash they can be kept around for some time since they will not be hired as head coaches anytime soon. Boom may have enough money and may think he is done with his opportunities and Texas may be viewed by him as a nice final payday and a way to get back at Texas and just retire on the job. Ash probably thinks he can get a second chance and this time he will wait for the right one. Therefore, Ash is less of a risk to just become a paper weight. Either one will make me happy but just have to state possible worse case scenario with coach Boom.

2 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Anyone else surprised that there has been no mention from the LSU fans/sites about potentially losing thier all star DB coach right before the NSD2 deadline? Are we just getting 9.95ed here or is it coonass willful blindness?

Who would want to go to an LSU board?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Anyone else surprised that there has been no mention from the LSU fans/sites about potentially losing thier all star DB coach right before the NSD2 deadline? Are we just getting 9.95ed here or is it coonass willful blindness?

It happens every offseason, and he never leaves 

• Hook 'Em 3

52 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Per TFB Texas has made contact with Freeman-Cincy DC.

So we get a G5 anyway? He is a very hot name right now but I thought this place was done with G5 folks. I have not seen enough other than this guy kept Cinci in the game against Georgia but Georgia offenses seem to suck. Hope he is not Todd Orlando if we do end up with him but I rather keep Ash.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

So we get a G5 anyway? He is a very hot name right now but I thought this place was done with G5 folks. I have not seen enough other than this guy kept Cinci in the game against Georgia but Georgia offenses seem to suck. Hope he is not Todd Orlando if we do end up with him but I rather keep Ash.

I think g5 head coaches but poaching an elite defensive mind like his from a g5 is big sick energy and you should act accordingly