Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, I'm not sure what "GM" is entailed in his role at Vandy. I just assume he's basically Derek Chang. 

LSU toyed with the GM model with the guy who's now at aTm, they're bag man. Name is escaping me. The bald motherfucker who was at LSU and then almost/briefly at Tennessee. So...I mean, it seems like it but also seems like slow going?

Austin Thomas?

5 minutes ago, General Specific said:

And that’s the problem in one picture. A rubber band gun would be more effective here! Could we not acquire a laser gun with our vast cornucopia of BMDs in this site? Immamac, fire up Venmo!

Guns fire in space.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, I'm not sure what "GM" is entailed in his role at Vandy. I just assume he's basically Derek Chang. 

LSU toyed with the GM model with the guy who's now at aTm, they're bag man. Name is escaping me. The bald motherfucker who was at LSU and then almost/briefly at Tennessee. So...I mean, it seems like it but also seems like slow going?

Austin Thomas. who is now back at LSU, as of 3 days ago. He was at Baylor this past season. 

26 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Lots of people seem overly concerned about our WR coach. All our choices look great. I don't think we can do wrong unless we open the door to a new dark horse candidate like Coleman. DC is a little scary because we really don't have any clue who is coming here. My concern though is CB coach where I hope to hell that we can bring in Raymond. He would immediately make our DB room one of the best in the nation.

I want Raymond, but we better be prepared to have his replacement ready to go, because I could see him being here for a couple of seasons and going back to LSU once all that shit clears. But yes for 2 seasons, it would be magnificent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Austin Thomas. who is now back at LSU, as of 3 days ago. He was at Baylor this past season. 

Their insiders were complaining about him coming back, saying that he’s a backstabbing snake in the office. Might explain why he’s seemingly at a new school ever six months or so 

34 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Lighten up francis. We know who Muschamp is as a coach and a recruiter so he doesn't have to prove he's a man anymore. During the Urban stuff many people were quoted saying it would be difficult for Meyer to pull the guys he likes because it's such a fucking beating working for him. Are those guys pussies? Are they garbage now? I don't think so honestly, they are on the brink of a champiohship. Working for Saban has to be a long rigorous mind fucking from start to finish. Sark on the other hand seems to be a much calmer guy and wants to focus on offense. To each their own though bro.  

User name checks out.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, General Specific said:

And that’s the problem in one picture. A rubber band gun would be more effective here! Could we not acquire a laser gun with our vast cornucopia of BMDs in this site? Immamac, fire up Venmo!

umm bullets are basically self contained and a 1911 will fire in space.

55 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Maybe. I think it probably falls somewhere between where you and Bobby have it. He's played in the Cotton Bowl. He's played in Lubbock. He played with top in-state DB talent in his time here and was all-state at the high school level in Texas. He knows what it's like going to class at UT and partying at UT. He knows what it looks like first hand when Texas is a national title contender. 

This was obviously years ago and times have changed but I'm sure there's SOME value from his time at UT as it translates to being a position coach and recruiter. He can start sentences with "When I was at UT...", "What I liked best about UT...","I decided to go to UT because..."

Now - is that "institutional knowledge"? Not really. Should it elevate him over other candidates? Not really.

I guess what I'm saying is I get where Bobby is coming from - even if he didn't eloquate it.

And Gideon is light years better in that role than Les Koenning was for Charlie Strong. I mean, they're not even in the same universe.

Not that we should be comparing football staffs to potato farms.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Lighten up francis. We know who Muschamp is as a coach and a recruiter so he doesn't have to prove he's a man anymore. During the Urban stuff many people were quoted saying it would be difficult for Meyer to pull the guys he likes because it's such a fucking beating working for him. Are those guys pussies? Are they garbage now? I don't think so honestly, they are on the brink of a champiohship. Working for Saban has to be a long rigorous mind fucking from start to finish. Sark on the other hand seems to be a much calmer guy and wants to focus on offense. To each their own though bro.  

Is it a coincidence that both Meyer and Saban have the perceived personality trait of expecting their assistants to work their asses off and demanding a single-minded devotion to winning at all times? How many coaches are successful at just letting all the assistant coaches party and have fun all the time, while winning Championships? 

Edited by Hornlover

2 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Is it a coincidence that both Meyer and Saban have the perceived personality trait of expecting their assistants to work their asses off and demanding a single-minded devotion to winning at all times? How many coaches are successful at just letting all the assistant coaches party and have fun all the time, while winning Championships? 

0VMgLK

5 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Buddy I have to tell you that Lane Kiffin was emphatically not spending all of his evenings in the film room while he was in Tuscaloosa.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

Muschamp just went through some pretty shitty years after florida and south carolina. The idea that he would sign up to eat Saban's shit for the next 3 years and endure all that stress seems like a long shot to me. I could be way off base but his easiest path to redemption is back in the big 12 with the good guys. Will to Texas as soon as that contract shit is worked out, fight me. 

7oA8d1.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

*Laughs in Miami*

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Buddy I have to tell you that Lane Kiffin was emphatically not spending all of his evenings in the film room while he was in Tuscaloosa.

Actually he did, but I can't speak to the whereabouts of a certain Joey Freshwater.

2 hours ago, FloridaHorn said:

We have already found out the following about Surly posters

1. We are all "insiders" with BMDs for best friends and hunting buddies.

2. Everyone on here is a culinary wizard, capable for producing briskets that would make Aaron Franklin slit his own wrist.

3. No poster (Vic Mackey excluded) has ever fucked less than a 10...12 if you grade on a curve.

4. We are better talent evaluators than most of the free world, regardless of what we are evaluating.

5. Everyone (Futureman excluded) guaranteed Urban Meyer to Texas.

And now you want us to expose the lies about our dick size as well? Haven't we all suffered enough over the last 10 years?

season 7 drinking GIF by Bud Light

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

And Gideon is light years better in that role than Les Koenning was for Charlie Strong. I mean, they're not even in the same universe.

Not that we should be comparing football staffs to potato farms.

Let's not compare potato farms to whatever the fuck was going on under Strong, while we're at it.

15 minutes ago, futureman said:

they will portal. tommy brockermeyer will start at LT for UT in the next three years. I guarantee it. 

Oh boy. We have futureman gauranteeing the opposite outcome at @satyanash

What are the bets boys? Loser eats a McRib the other shoved up their ass?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4