Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Not for nothing, but if the LHF org chart is visible in some form, there are probably a few other legitimate handles worth watching in addition to Brown. 

Found it. Will take a look

https://thelonghornfoundation.com/sports/2014/7/14/GEN_0714144021.aspx

Edited by Sir Ulrich
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I mean, if we can’t get excited about #TexasFlood who the fuck can we get excited about...?

We need that burnt orange kool aid gif from The Shining's elevator scene that was used all the time on the old site.

I used to have it but my personal computer bricked a couple weeks ago.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, texifornia said:

We need that burnt orange kool aid gif from The Shining's elevator scene that was used all the time on the old site.

I used to have it but my personal computer bricked a couple weeks ago.

I keep searching for a burnt orange kool-aid man busting through the wall going oh yeah....but haven't found it yet.

44 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Right. It's funny enough, but the idiots aren't the same across all longhorn boards. This isn't 247. Anyone who wants to claim they weren't excited about Wickline, for good reason after watching him work alchemy at Okie State for years, is full of shit. The Mattox guy actually is an excellent OL coach and the enthusiasm was justified when he came in. There isn't a poster worth acknowledging that looked at Derek fucking Warehime and wanted to go Jenna Loves Rocco about him. It's a lazy claim. 

If you can't get excited about Flood as an OLC, then you're: 1) too cynical to be saved or 2) don't know what you're watching when you watch CFB and Bama or 3) you don't watch CFB or Bama. Does that mean he'll be amazing here? No one can predict the future. Wickline sucked here. But I'll take my chances. 

Sure Wickline was supposed to be a wizard and we were right to be excited. Mattox was kind of an unknown but we ended up with a 2000 yard rusher.  everyone was lhuh? on Warehime and excited for Hand

I put Flood in the Wickline group of should be a great hire.  with Wickline I don't think you had the OC/OL dare I say it, "alignment".  did with Mattox cow/calf deal.

obviously Sark and Flood would have alignment which gives me hope for a very good offense and if Flood can develop our guys into NFL OL then it can be great.

We've seen the OL movie for 10 years and its been less than 5 guys get drafted, so we are REALLY jaded.

I do not recall being excited about an OL coach hire since Wickline. He did not turn out well here but we had reason to be excited. Mattox was a package deal where our AD had to personally fly to Gilbert’s house and felate him on behalf of our Simple Jack coach so how was that supposed to be exciting?  Then Herman brought in Coach Waste-Of-Space that we all openly mocked. On Hand,  I was mainly just glad to see someone else but certainly the knowledge Auburn fans were glad to see him go was a little unsettling. 

This is the first time in a long time we hired a coach that we had to recruit away that will be missed from his previous employer. A not too shabby previous employer at that. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Wickline was taking 3 stars at OSU and making them All Conf and NFL draftable.  We assumed he would take our 4 stars and make them NFL caliber.  THe OC thing with Watson I am sure didn't help at all. 

I don't think he did that well at WVU either so maybe he lost the recipe or it was more Gundy's O that was the reason.

22 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Wickline was known to be a terrible recruiter when he came to Texas. 

He's not comparable to Flood. 

Umm excuse you...terrible recruiter? Not according to this poster

3B1397B7-1DD4-4B81-BB5C-B3CB331071F1.jpeg

0E229EAF-242A-4CB3-BDC5-565292CCA366.jpeg

Edited by RGBIII
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 2