Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

This is really starting to feel like a continuation of the Urban or Bust thread. Less talk of curtains, Horseshoe Bay, and Nicole's energy, but otherwise...
I'm disappointed in us. I haven't seen anyone drop the ball like this since....
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
6 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:
This is really starting to feel like a continuation of the Urban or Bust thread. Less talk of curtains, Horseshoe Bay, and Nicole's energy, but otherwise...

I'm disappointed in us. I haven't seen anyone drop the ball like this since....

Lance Armstrong?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Hope you're wrong, or at least your reasoning is.  If Muschamp would rather take the Texas DC job than an analyst job under Saban because the analyst job would be too stressful and the UT job would be an easier path, then I don't want him.  Fuck that pussy ass mentality shit.

Fuck yeah! Fuck that pussy! If Muschamp isn't willing to eat shit as an analyst for three years, then we don't want him! He needs to eat that shit ration for three years and then MAYBE we'll consider him after he's demonstrated his mental toughness! Until then, we'll just bring in our emergency backup DC Greg Robinson!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If people are going to keep bringing up the space gun, my question is: is the cartridge air tight so that the air inside will remain there for combustion even with the pull of a space vacuum outside of it?

Fires can't burn in the oxygen-free vacuum of space, but guns can shoot. Modern ammunition contains its own oxidizer, a chemical that will trigger the explosion of gunpowder, and thus the firing of a bullet, wherever you are in the universe. No atmospheric oxygen required

https://www.livescience.com/18588-shoot-gun-space.html#:~:text=Fires can't burn in,No atmospheric oxygen required.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Fuck yeah! Fuck that pussy! If Muschamp isn't willing to eat shit as an analyst for three years, then we don't want him! He needs to eat that shit ration for three years and then MAYBE we'll consider him after he's demonstrated his mental toughness! Until then, we'll just bring in our emergency backup DC Greg Robinson!

Auto rec for anyone arguing to bring back "the gerg"

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Fires can't burn in the oxygen-free vacuum of space, but guns can shoot. Modern ammunition contains its own oxidizer, a chemical that will trigger the explosion of gunpowder, and thus the firing of a bullet, wherever you are in the universe. No atmospheric oxygen required

https://www.livescience.com/18588-shoot-gun-space.html#:~:text=Fires can't burn in,No atmospheric oxygen required.

If you shot the gun, wouldn’t the recoil send you hurtling in the opposite direction in the endless vacuum of space?

6 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

How does it change propulsion, aim, and impact? I assume there is no need to adjust for gravity so long shots would be easier.

• Like 1

Regardless, in the pic, FCB is dead Jim.

Surly, however, is floating endlessly through space as well (and dead).

Sorry fellas, back to the Sark and the Gang. Boy, did I pick the wrong day to stop sniffing glue!

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Also, regarding the thinking that Saban grinds his assistants to dust, he certainly works them hard, but it gets exaggerated. If you've ever worked in a properly functioning and ambitious start-up, or as medical resident, or an associate for a law firm, or as a noob at an IB, or had to work while you went to college in order to pay tuition and rent, then you have worked harder for longer than assistants on Saban's staffs. They're 7am-9/10pm M-W, 7-5:30 TH, 12-5 F, Saturday is gameday, and 8-6 on Sundays. During the offseason, the entire workload falls off a cliff. There are only so many calls that be made and high schools that can be visited and film that can be watched, and "analysts" help curate and manage a lot of that work. 

80 hour work weeks in season- 20 or 30 out of season?  Out of season is twice as long as in season?  That's not an unreasonable work life balance if going to the job is something you like and find rewarding and isn't a beat down.

My best friend from when we were kids (like 2 years old) is a head baseball coach at D1. He helped me- right out of law school- get a job as an assistant GM for a wooden bat league.  I did all the media, all the stats, ran the sound board, did the radio and acted as traveling secretary on the road, did the programs and newspapers blah blah blah.  That schedule was pretty dead on balls accurate for me- in town working something like 8 am - midnight- on the road working noon- 11:00 pm.  On offdays it ghosted to nothing (there were 4 off days in 3 months). It was a fun job. I never felt like I was working too hard, and lots of the "working" involved time drinking a beer and bullshitting about team, what happened- other shit like we sit around and do here before or after a game- for free- without getting paid for it.

When I go see him in season he's busy as hell- but it's not like digging ditches. When I go see him offseason he's on the phone a lot - but not grinding away- more reactive to shit coming up that he's got to get settled.  He put in lots of time on the road at talent development. If I ever hit it big money wise I told him I can be his bag man. He didn't seem completely opposed to the idea- but even if I hit it big I doubt it's something either of us would actually really be interested in (unless he ended up with UT job someday- but he's pretty tied in to the south east/mid west and never set foot in any professional manner in Texas so I'd be pretty surprised if that ever happened.  Also- he's a top 50 talent coach but UT is a top 5 job- so he'd have to get really lucky and might be in over his head if he ever got this job- but it's fun every now and again to dream on it. 

My ex would have loved those hours at big law as a 1-5 year associate. So would all the other people in her class that ended up divorced (in her section once we split it was 7 out of 8 divorced). I've worked longer hours than that as a start up and hated every minute- but that's just about passion for your job. 

My guess is the only people bitching about being overworked either don't have a passion for what they do, don't have enough self awareness to realize they are living their best selves, or are just morons.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

If you shot the gun, wouldn’t the recoil send you hurtling in the opposite direction in the endless vacuum of space?

It isn't a 1:1 reaction.  Mass still applies in space.  But yes, the shooter would begin traveling in the opposite direction.

Edited by pops
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

80 hour work weeks in season- 20 or 30 out of season?  Out of season is twice as long as in season?  That's not an unreasonable work life balance if going to the job is something you like and find rewarding and isn't a beat down.

My best friend from when we were kids (like 2 years old) is a head baseball coach at D1. He helped me- right out of law school- get a job as an assistant GM for a wooden bat league.  I did all the media, all the stats, ran the sound board, did the radio and acted as traveling secretary on the road, did the programs and newspapers blah blah blah.  That schedule was pretty dead on balls accurate for me- in town working something like 8 am - midnight- on the road working noon- 11:00 pm.  On offdays it ghosted to nothing (there were 4 off days in 3 months). It was a fun job. I never felt like I was working too hard, and lots of the "working" involved time drinking a beer and bullshitting about team, what happened- other shit like we sit around and do here before or after a game- for free- without getting paid for it.

When I go see him in season he's busy as hell- but it's not like digging ditches. When I go see him offseason he's on the phone a lot - but not grinding away- more reactive to shit coming up that he's got to get settled.  He put in lots of time on the road at talent development. If I ever hit it big money wise I told him I can be his bag man. He didn't seem completely opposed to the idea- but even if I hit it big I doubt it's something either of us would actually really be interested in (unless he ended up with UT job someday- but he's pretty tied in to the south east/mid west and never set foot in any professional manner in Texas so I'd be pretty surprised if that ever happened.  Also- he's a top 50 talent coach but UT is a top 5 job- so he'd have to get really lucky and might be in over his head if he ever got this job- but it's fun every now and again to dream on it. 

My ex would have loved those hours at big law as a 1-5 year associate. So would all the other people in her class that ended up divorced (in her section once we split it was 7 out of 8 divorced). I've worked longer hours than that as a start up and hated every minute- but that's just about passion for your job. 

My guess is the only people bitching about being overworked either don't have a passion for what they do, don't have enough self awareness to realize they are living their best selves, or are just morons.

Nobody else rec this post. Right now I have to reps and side by side it says closetohumping and closetojumping.  Shag in a nutshell. 

• Haha 4

Nahlin:

Spoiler

We’ve been told the Gideon hire isn’t indicative of anything on the defensive coordinator front. Gideon’s position is open ended and it doesn’t exclude a defensive coordinator who is also a defensive backs coach. Gideon came highly recommended. The only known is he’ll for sure have special teams.

The same person who told us Flood and Milwee were “expected” to be part of Sarkisian’s staff wasn’t as sure on wide receiver coach Holmon Wiggins. He just said Wiggins is definitely an option.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Hope Sark keeps Shipley...

Of the entire staff keeping Bob Shipley seems like the biggest no brainer considering Sark and a ton of his staff have zero connections to TXHSFB and most haven't worked in Texas before

Just now, Mikey4 said:
4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:
What the fuck are we paying this guy for? 

Maybe so we can do an aggy edit about our coach winning a national championship.

I wasn't a fan of it of last night's edit. But it reminded me of them posting DBs on an edit right after Jimbo was hired trying to entice DBs to attend Aggy. Pretty sure Jalen Ramsey called them out on it.