Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

26 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

to be fair, I wouldn’t want to be judged for the things I did in college either

Was what you did on national TV and cost your school a shot at the national title in a game you should have and probably would have won?  

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Yeah just like tosu recommended Beck

He is supposed to be the Seahawks DC-in-waiting. 

It's a bit weird to offer up a current coach in-line for a promotion, but I think Ken Norton did the same thing.

Edited by JBJ

7 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

I’d believe it. He looks like an insurance salesman or maybe Savings and Loan officer from the 80’s. 

I worked at an S&L in the 80's, and I agree

5 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Googling, Means was $115k, or $200k depending on the source. But I remember way way back then and I forget on which board when someone asked about Albert Means to Texas a cryptic post saying that he would NOT come to Texas and a "Ford Exedition is a nice car". The poster never elaborated on the Expedition part until years later when it was revealed that a new Ford Expedition was part of the deal.

I recall "Explorer", but whatever

3 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Arnett is a stud. I wanted him last year instead of Ash. He killed it at SDSU

Under the supervision of Long.  Who knows how he would have done under an offensive-minded HC instead of Rocky. 

Why is Gideon viewed as such an amazing coach if all he does is ST? Guess this means no Banks.

Also, this giant assistant budget sure isn't showing up yet: Sark as his own OC, Milwee will be like $300k, Drayton stays, Gideon can't be that expensive..Flood will likely cost some $ but that's only one guy. Use that budget Sark!

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Why is Gideon viewed as such an amazing coach if all he does is ST? Guess this means no Banks.

Also, this giant assistant budget sure isn't showing up yet: Sark as his own OC, Milwee will be like $300k, Drayton stays, Gideon can't be that expensive..Flood will likely cost some $ but that's only one guy. Use that budget Sark!

12865566363.jpg

Just now, Tex-19 said:

You know, sometimes you just have to listen to people who work in coaching who you respect who say "Yeah, that motherfucker seems like a great young coach." If you're going to catch lightning in a bottle at times, you probably have to wait before Saban's second natty at bama to say "Hey, maybe that guy is a pretty good coach." Like when posters here were touting Lincoln Riley at East Carolina here before we got, you know, Shawn Watson. The guys won some awards for Special Teams, and he's had a pretty good reputation working his way up the coaching ladder at every stop. So yeah...sometimes you have to listen to people.

The banks not coming news was a few hours ago. Not everyone can bird dog this thread, but yeah, it seems like one thing begot the other. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ravishing Rick said:

Holy shit.  I'm not kidding in any way - I dated that girl for a year back in the early 2000s.  She's now divorced from that dude.   I would note that she's definitely in the crazy zone of the hot/crazy matrix.  Some fun times, but time hasn't treated her well, unfortunately.

That girl was probably 5 in the year 2000.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

He's watched years and years of balls tipped into the air and making the catch......

SlowTenseApe-max-1mb.gif.e061d868c94e9024926f7259bcac0d83.gif

This is for you youngins who don't know why so many of us are still mad at Gideon. THIS is what he's remembered for -- nothing else!

Kind of the same thing as Paul Behrman biting hard on a pump-fake cost us 1 SWC title while also playing tech.

Edited by BachelorTrek
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 9
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I worked at an S&L in the 80's, and I agree

I recall "Explorer", but whatever

Under the supervision of Long.  Who knows how he would have done under an offensive-minded HC instead of Rocky. 

I thought it was an escalade, but I can't remember - definitely started with an E. definitely, remember that it was white.

11 minutes ago, TXRed said:

So these fuckfaces didn’t even start the season until the end of October, got into the CFP having only played seven games, and now want the CFP championship game postponed? Fuck that shit. Fuck ohio state.

Would Sark and the other coaches coming from Bama would still report to Texas by the scheduled date if this happens?

This just puts off our hiring Urban Meyer for another week.

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Gonna go ahead and officially predict the Lupoi hiring based on an official member of the UT admins recent follows. Outside of Lupoi he has only followed Sark, Flood, and Milwee who are all but confirmed at this point. Get ready to party boys and girls cause this thing is happening!

1121168371_Intersting2.jpg.00373a67f8da5d3fdb382826a53c6fc9.jpg

Intersting.jpg

I'd give Wendy my wood.

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Josh Brown is either on to us - or he's got the list.

He just started following Odom, Colbert, Raymond, and a DB coach from USF (Jules Montinar).

Should be noted that Montinar is also the recruiting coordinator for USF and has coached in Texas (Texas State) for a few years (2016-2018).

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, TXRed said:

So these fuckfaces didn’t even start the season until the end of October, got into the CFP having only played seven games, and now want the CFP championship game postponed? Fuck that shit. Fuck ohio state.

Would Sark and the other coaches coming from Bama would still report to Texas by the scheduled date if this happens?

OSU can go fuck themselves and forfeit the game.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Lupoi, Flood, and unannounced TE coach and DC will probably cost some money. Just a hunch. 

9 minutes ago, JBJ said:

He is supposed to be the Seahawks DC-in-waiting.  I think Ken Norton did the same thing where he left to DC somewhere else for a few years before returning.

I'd rather not be Carrolls guinea pig for his future DC to prove himself. 

18 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Gideon is considered a rising star among coaching, especially with regards to ST. It's a very, very good hire.

9.95ers convinced us that Herman's Mickey Mouse crew was full of rising stars too. The point of shelling out for assistants is to add elite proven commodities, not unproven question marks that you have to label as "rising stars" to spin the hire.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Josh Brown is either on to us - or he's got the list.

He just started following Odom, Colbert, Raymond, and a DB coach from USF (Jules Montinar).

It's possible he's just a fan following the names he is hearing (why would the Assistant Director of Major Gifts at the Longhorn Foundation know before everyone else), but I want to believe.

TFB

Spoiler

***I can confirm Dennis Dodd’s report on Sarkisian having interest in Mississippi State DC, Zach Arnett.

***Spoke with a source who said that Sark has spoken with Arnett. It seems Sark was impressed when he and the Crimson Tide faced Arnett’s defense, this season.

***However, I still very much get the sense that Arnett has a few guys in front of him. Again, guys like Muschamp and Tosh are Saban tree guys and in the case of Tosh, Sark has a personal and business relationship with him.

***Sark and co on offense and Arnett and co on defense would be a pretty filthy set up. But again, there are still guys ahead of him.

***Also, continue to hear that there is likely to be a change at the DC position at Alabama, after the season. So I have to imagine that given Saban’s ties to Muschamp, he will be a primary target.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

9.95ers convinced us that Herman's Mickey Mouse crew was full of rising stars too. The point of shelling out for assistants is to add elite proven commodities, not unproven question marks that you have to label as "rising stars" to spin the hire.

I think I know why your marriage is failing

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB

Hide contents

***I can confirm Dennis Dodd’s report on Sarkisian having interest in Mississippi State DC, Zach Arnett.

***Spoke with a source who said that Sark has spoken with Arnett. It seems Sark was impressed when he and the Crimson Tide faced Arnett’s defense, this season.

***However, I still very much get the sense that Arnett has a few guys in front of him. Again, guys like Muschamp and Tosh are Saban tree guys and in the case of Tosh, Sark has a personal and business relationship with him.

***Sark and co on offense and Arnett and co on defense would be a pretty filthy set up. But again, there are still guys ahead of him.

***Also, continue to hear that there is likely to be a change at the DC position at Alabama, after the season. So I have to imagine that given Saban’s ties to Muschamp, he will be a primary target.

Business relationship?  They own a mini-mall or strip club together?  (or both?)

Also - no way Saban is turning over the entire coaching staff if he's about to leave. 

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

5 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

I for one am shocked that such a thing happens in the straight shooting state of Louisiana. I’ve never seen anything like this before. Ever. Such a clean state with great government employees.

HA! HAHA!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH...............big suck in of air...HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

oh, god. thanks. i needed that. Funny shit. lol