Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

24 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Poster on IT said Hutzler to Ole Miss is close to being finalized.

Really going to miss Juwan Mitchell.  I wonder if he will think anything about Ole Miss is racist?

Edited by Richter
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

I want Sark hiring coordinators that desperately want his job. If that means we are searching for new coordinators every 2-4 years, great. That means we are getting hungry guys on their way up with plenty to prove. I don’t want anyone that’s perfectly happy being a career coordinator.

I’m sure there is a mouth breather that is going to say Boom is now a “career coordinator” based on failing twice as a head coach. I promise you that he would punch you square in your fucking face if you told him that’s how he feels. He may never make it as a successful head coach, but no chance in hell he’s ready to give up on that goal.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/6/2021 at 9:07 AM, victory88 said:

We should not lose coordinators or positions coaches to any schools.  It's time Texas reminds the college football world we have more money than anyone.  If Bama, ND, or UGA is targeting Muschamp, offer him 3.5 mil (1 mil more than Venables) to be the highest paid DC in the country and tell him to give you an answer right then and there.  If you want Jeff Banks, double his salary from Bama.  Make him say no.  We raised all of this money and got turned down by Urban.  Well what's stopping us from buying the country's best coordinators, position coaches, and support staff?  Let Sark manage the offense and let Will manage the defense.  We're going to have to buy our way to success.  I'm done with coaches that need to learn on the job.  Get the best guys, period.  If they say no, make them an offer they can't refuse.  It's time we pull our dick out and show how big it is.  Let's see if other athletic departments, boosters, and schools will shell out the money we will in a pandemic.  Fuck those schools... let's fucking go... 

#allgasnobrakes

Am tired of Texas pulling out its dick like this for the past decade....

B5F6FF28-19D8-4AFC-BFB6-7B1013F0DA45.jpeg

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RichUT said:

I want Sark hiring coordinators that desperately want his job. If that means we are searching for new coordinators every 2-4 years, great. That means we are getting hungry guys on their way up with plenty to prove. I don’t want anyone that’s perfectly happy being a career coordinator.

I’m sure there is a mouth breather that is going to say Boom is now a “career coordinator” based on failing twice as a head coach. I promise you that he would punch you square in your fucking face if you told him that’s how he feels. He may never make it as a successful head coach, but no chance in hell he’s ready to give up on that goal.

As opposed to the Mack guys who were waiting till they were eligible for the state annuity.

• Hook 'Em 2

If Oregon decides they want Arnett they will probably get him. It is the more desirable DC gig, even over us, when you factor in what a rotting dumpster fire all but like 3 teams are in the PAC. Even the 'better' teams like Washington, Utah, USC, etc. have major warts and are hardly consistent offensive juggernauts at this point. Simple fucking Jack could make himself look like a viable HC candidate as a DC in the PAC with Oregon's talent on that side of the ball. 

If Arnett is 'our guy' we probably can't wait till Tuesday to offer him. 

• Fuck You 2

7 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

If Oregon decides they want Arnett they will probably get him. It is the more desirable DC gig, even over us, when you factor in what a rotting dumpster fire all but like 3 teams are in the PAC. Even the 'better' teams like Washington, Utah, USC, etc. have major warts and are hardly consistent offensive juggernauts at this point. Simple fucking Jack could make himself look like a viable HC candidate as a DC in the PAC with Oregon's talent on that side of the ball. 

If the 995ers are right it doesn't sound like he's our guy at all, at least not yet.

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Me, I'm glad the Herm error is done with.

Not to pick nits, but I believe the term which you seek is “era”. 
However, I’m going to give you credit for the double entendres.  It was definitely an “Error”.

community agree GIF

24 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Arnett is the DC for Mike fucking Leech, do you think he is scared of spread teams?

20 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

For those curious, here's a breakdown of this season's analyst stables at Bama and UT.

Bama had thirteen analysts this season:

• three former CFB HCs: Charlie, Major and Stoops;
  • four NFL vetsShiloh Keo (five-year vet), Nick Perry (six-year vet), Javier Arenas (six-year vet), Alex Mortenson (Chris Mortenson's son, UDFA that spent one year on Titans practice squad);
  • three former CFB players, all with prior GA/analyst/coaching experienceGordon Steele (Kevin Steele's son, played DII ball and later OL coach at Murray State and GA at South AL and LSU); AJ Milwee (good QB at North Alabama and later a GA there and OC/QB coach at Akron); and Johnathan Galante (played under Beamer at VT and later a GA there); and
  • two "GA Joes": Bert Biffani (previously a GA with Jimbo at FSU and then aggy); and Patrick Reilly (previously a GA/analyst with 'Cuse and UCLA prior).

Compare that to UT's seven analysts, would be eight if you count Casey Horney (who's a QC coach, which many schools bucket with analysts) but he's a piece of shit and subtraction by addition:

• one former CFB HC: Everett Withers (was HC of Texas State and had HC stops at James Madison and (interim) at UNC, also was DB coach at UT in Mack's early years and with the Giants year before taking UT analyst gig)
  • one other former CFB coach (not HC): Dave Huxtable (previously NC State DC/LB coach, has 35+ years of CFB coaching experience but none as HC); 
  • one NFL vet: Jeremiah George (four-year vet);
  • two former CFB players with prior GA/analyst/coaching experienceNoah Joseph (played DB at Drake, previously coached safeties at Rutgers with Ash, before that safeties at North Texas, co-DC/safeties at Montana State and GA stops at Drake, E Kentucky and ISU); and J.W. Walsh (QB at OSU and later GA at TCU and RB coach at Abilene Christian); and
  • two former CFB players with no prior analyst/coaching experience: Brandon Harris (QB at LSU/UNC); and John Miller (played WR at James Madison under Meh and Everett Withers).

My advice to Sark after review: "You gotta pump those numbers up, those are rookie numbers."

Say what you will about Charlies, Major and Stoops, but (unfortunately) they're collectively worth at least 1.25 Withers. An interesting distinction between their former CFB coaches is that theirs are in the category of relatively young former HCs looking for a restart, while both of ours have been coaching since the 1980s and are likely more in the "not much gas left in the tank, I'm going to enjoy the twilight of my career and at least collect a paycheck for it" category. 

Other than that, aside for gross numbers at Bama, other distinctions I noticed are that Bama seems to place good value on NFL vets and we're lacking in that department. They also don't have any former CFB players without some previous stop in their coaching career, we have two. Clearly some work to do in both numbers and quality.

Not sure if it is true, but I've heard that Alabama has way more support staff than is listed. They "hide" some of the staff from ever making it on a payroll.

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Your user name is familiar

I never really made the transition to Surly after whatever happened to Shaggy happened. Need to get back in it. But I posted on shaggy for a decade and hornfans (God help us) before that. Have also posted on 247 (several years ago) and IT (still do but mostly just read).

• Hook 'Em 2