Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Never understood why Bobby and Gerry teamed up with Nahlin and Wells.  Those two make up shit and have no actual sources.  Bobby and Gerry were driving all the content and I’m not sure why anyone would pay IT a penny when you can get all the info for fee in YouTube and make a donation if you want.  Honestly, Bobby just needs to keep doing videos with Gerry , Rod, Drew Kelson. and Matt the producer.  Those are the only guys worth listening to that have real content.

I never paid for IT or 247 and never got why anyone would, but I gotta admit their ON3 YT stuff has sucked me in this season. Going 12-1 and making the playoffs helped a lot with that but damn if those boys aren't putting in work. Definitely throwing a super chat or few their way before the Sugar Bowl as thanks for all the entertainment I've the last 2 months. 

And 2 things:

1) I don't know anything about how Justin Wells is as a recruiting reporter but damned if that coonass mother fucker doesn't crack me up. 

2) I never knew anything about Drew Kelson other than he was a fast ass bad mofo LB that knocked Joel Klatt sideways then back again but damn if he isn't a great interview. Very thoughtful, very insightful, and speaks with a maturity that's refreshing. 

I never knew Gerry traveled that much. Dude is always streaming from some random chick Fil a or hotel somewhere between Texas and Florida. I don't really pay a lot of attention to the HS recruiting stuff since it's so hit and miss but looking forward to the portal coverage once Sark and crew get really going. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I never paid for IT or 247 and never got why anyone would, but I gotta admit their ON3 YT stuff has sucked me in this season. Going 12-1 and making the playoffs helped a lot with that but damn if those boys aren't putting in work. Definitely throwing a super chat or few their way before the Sugar Bowl as thanks for all the entertainment I've the last 2 months. 

And 2 things:

1) I don't know anything about how Justin Wells is as a recruiting reporter but damned if that coonass mother fucker doesn't crack me up. 

2) I never knew anything about Drew Kelson other than he was a fast ass bad mofo LB that knocked Joel Klatt sideways then back again but damn if he isn't a great interview. Very thoughtful, very insightful, and speaks with a maturity that's refreshing. 

I never knew Gerry traveled that much. Dude is always streaming from some random chick Fil a or hotel somewhere between Texas and Florida. I don't really pay a lot of attention to the HS recruiting stuff since it's so hit and miss but looking forward to the portal coverage once Sark and crew get really going. 

In Least Surprising News ever, of course you think he’s funny.  

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

In Least Surprising News ever, of course you think he’s funny.  

Come on, don't be a dick. The dude is amusing if you find that Louisiana/far east Texas coonass personality amusing. Not everyone does but I've partied with a lot of those types of dudes and always had a good time. They're nuts. 

That said his info doesn't seem to be anything more than what Gerry puts out so not sure how much time he's spending on the trail. 

42 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Come on, don't be a dick. The dude is amusing if you find that Louisiana/far east Texas coonass personality amusing. Not everyone does but I've partied with a lot of those types of dudes and always had a good time. They're nuts. 

That said his info doesn't seem to be anything more than what Gerry puts out so not sure how much time he's spending on the trail. 

shut the fuck up you dumb son of a bitch

damn

Edited by futureman
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Hate seeing Neyor in the portal. I think he would have been a starter here next year with Worthy, Whittington, and Adonai all most likely leaving. Jontay Cook will see a lot of double coverage

Don't think so. Bobby and Gerry have both said that Neyor hasn't been explosive since his injury. 

If Texas viewed him as a starter they would have most certainly done enough with NIL to keep him. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Don't think so. Bobby and Gerry have both said that Neyor hasn't been explosive since his injury. 

If Texas viewed him as a starter they would have most certainly done enough with NIL to keep him. 

He has to be thinking-

“If I had stayed at Tennessee, my entire life would be different.”

Whether or not he would have torn his ACL in Knoxville, who knows. But there is no way that he doesn’t think about it all the time. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

He has to be thinking-

“If I had stayed at Tennessee, my entire life would be different.”

Whether or not he would have torn his ACL in Knoxville, who knows. But there is no way that he doesn’t think about it all the time. 

Did he vacation or live in Knoxville before moving to Austin? 

4 minutes ago, bluto said:

Did he vacation or live in Knoxville before moving to Austin? 

He started classes at Tennessee after portalling from Wyoming.

I guess that we paid more than Tennessee, because he withdrew and came to Texas in January of 2022.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Victor R. Franko said:

Just once I'd like to see a recruit pull 3 hats out of a bag from the same school and drop them on the table. For instance UT Orange hat, UT White hat, and UT Orange and gray hat, then pick which he thinks looks best on him. I'd LMAO if someone did that!  Kobe, where you?

Pretty sure a LB recruit back during Herman’s time did that, hyped up a top 5 edit and it was just 5 different Texas logos.

9 hours ago, Mother mopar said:

I would, you have people throwing down $10+$50 in super chat questions just on the OTF coffee YT session. It's got to be much more lucrative.

If they decided to charge for content it's a much better business proposition than listening to a bunch of whining asshats who pay $9.95 a month.

There are also what seems like 4-5 live read ads per YT episode, plus static ad banners. 

14 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Guessing Bobby is taking his YouTube national and is going to start adding content for other schools?  I assume Gerry is going with him?

People on IT have been bitching about the YouTube viewers getting free content that IT subscribers have to pay for - wonder if this was causing an issue. 

If they spent $25 each on production values and learned the simple art of setting up a TV camera shot, they may go a long way. 

I've never watched more than a few moments because I feel like I've accidentally walked into an aging 3 bedroom apartment occupied by agoraphobic slobs who only communicate to each other via Zoom from their messy bedrooms.

It's depressing.

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

"Mike Elko has already shown that Sark, even with a playoff appearance, can't come and take the highly rated OL aggy commit.  If Sark can't pull this off under the circumstances, then what chance does he have against the Elk with the 25' recruits?  A fear is building in Austin, TX and this is just the start of big things that the Elk is about to do" - Looch.

Scared Jurassic Park GIF

• Haha 7
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1