Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

Adding Black, Filsaime, and Smith would bring the class to this total:

image.png.ff650dd1fb031f2e29fcc01b11596d86.png

image.png.882efbb44f65c6390f400c9f365c00ad.png

I'm not sure if we will be able to pass the top 4 but should finish 5th. Only way we could finish 4th or higher is a Ryan Williams flip I think or a 5 star guy like Dominick McKinley would push us ahead but who knows how that one is going to go. 

Adding a Solomon Williams or Terrance HIbbler would push us barely ahead of Bama and slightly behind FSU. Adding both pushes us slightly ahead of FSU.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, pacman said:

When was the last time we pulled a player out of redneck Jasper?

Jasper is really weird-back when I was in school they were in our district and regularly curb stomped us in any sports where you just had to run fast (particularly football and track).  I didn’t realize they had any white kids at all until I went to their high school for an Ag competition (and all of them better fit your description).  

5 minutes ago, Vermin said:

What became of Jorrie Adams?

I remember being a HS freshmen, I think? Watching Burnet play Jasper at Kyle Field when they had Jorrie, Red, and the other big dude that ended up at A&M. Jordan Shipley had like 200 yards at halftime and spanked the shit out of Jasper. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Jasper is really weird-back when I was in school they were in our district and regularly curb stomped us in any sports where you just had to run fast (particularly football and track).  I didn’t realize they had any white kids at all until I went to their high school for an Ag competition (and all of them better fit your description).  

Sports are pretty segregated there.  The white kids generally play baseball.  And the black kids generally play football.  It is a weird town.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Sports are pretty segregated there.  The white kids generally play baseball.  And the black kids generally play football.  It is a weird town.

Also not shocking but they were pretty terrible at any academic competitions.  Silsbee was also garbage except for Mark Henry. 

Anyway, back to recruiting, I'm not shocked when a guy from there finds College Station more familiar.  Austin (particularly now) is just a whole different world. 

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

Is he graduating in December and then taking a semester off to hang out at home instead of actually going to college? 

just realized he portal'd to SMU lol

5 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Yep. First juicy scoop post Gerry, and he writes the most unintentional 9.95 update I’ve seen quite some time. 

His thesis: If Smith visits he’ll flip.

Well no shit. How do I turn off my IT sub on Apple Pay? 

sharing this in case others have paid that way, because fuck IT

canceling via apple pay is super easy: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

• Open the Settings app.
  • Tap your name.
  • Tap Subscriptions.
  • Tap the subscription.
  • Tap Cancel Subscription. You might need to scroll down to find the Cancel Subscription button. If there is no Cancel button or you see an expiration message in red text, the subscription is already canceled.

27 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Sark and Saban in an ego pissing match over a kid neither really needs?

It's very interesting to follow, to say the least.  IMO with his speed and athleticism I think he'd be a perfect fit at safety that we can develop. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It's very interesting to follow, to say the least.  IMO with his speed and athleticism I think he'd be a perfect fit at safety that we can develop. 

I couldn't find a less interesting thing to follow, actually. 

And you know if one thing screams "safety that we can develop," which usually implies stashing and developing for a couple years with mostly special team work, it's fucking flake. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I couldn't find a less interesting thing to follow, actually. 

And you know if one thing screams "safety that we can develop," which usually implies stashing and developing for a couple years with mostly special team work, it's fucking flake. 

I don't know how you cannot see Saban and Sark fighting over a recruit with so many red flags as not interesting. He's being recruited as an "ATH" at both programs. I'm not saying I'm keeping up with every small tiny detail but just watching from the side.

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Because I don't give a fuck if we land him or not. Therefore any process leading up to it has zero interest to me. I'm sure there's plenty of drama that amuses you when you and the Mrs. sit down to binge watch Sister Wives, but to be honest since that's not a show I'll ever watch, I wouldn't be all too interested if you start typing a play by play or recap on Surly, either.

And don't take that as some kind of invitation, you sick Sister Wives watching fuck. 

I think you care a little.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is the kind of shit that we longed for staffs to do at Texas. Send the message - You can come in to this state, but it is going to be a fucking fistfight if we have interest in the player too. You can't beat us with the under the table shit anymore and we are winning on the field too. Get fucked and go elsewhere, motherfuckers. 

i'm just glad we have some coaches that are actually war vets now, instead of hoping Mehringer could go out there and win a rock fight

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He could have if he isn't. Play devil's advocate and tell us why you feel about this guy's overall approach to his recruitment and how that either translates to the next level or doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, TexasRenegade said:

I don't have positive views towards him other than physical upside. He seems Bobby Brown ish. Was just curious if he was doing the LJ Johnson, which as far as I know has only happened once with a major recruit 

Per Bobby

As of now there are 14 out of 20 EE's
Ryan Wingo
Colin Simmons
Brandon Baker
Jerrick Gibson
Wardell Mack
Zina Umeozulu
Trey Owens
Jordan Washington
Daniel Cruz
Jordon Johnson-Rubell
Christian Clark
D'Antre Robinson
Parker Livingstone
Alex January

Someone on here said that Freddie Dubose is also an EE but I haven't seen anything official. 

The following targets are also EE's

Kobe Black
Tyanthony Smith
Xavier Filsaime
Solomon Williams 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Is there a limit on the number of EEs a team can have?  I thought I remember a few years ago that early enrollees count towards a previous year's class.  Not necessarily a "numbers" question but a "numbers question".

No they did away with that policy. Just have to be 85 or below by fall camp.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Per Bobby

As of now there are 14 out of 20 EE's
Ryan Wingo
Colin Simmons
Brandon Baker
Jerrick Gibson
Wardell Mack
Zina Umeozulu
Trey Owens
Jordan Washington
Daniel Cruz
Jordon Johnson-Rubell
Christian Clark
D'Antre Robinson
Parker Livingstone
Alex January

Someone on here said that Freddie Dubose is also an EE but I haven't seen anything official. 

The following targets are also EE's

Kobe Black
Tyanthony Smith
Xavier Filsaime
Solomon Williams 

same list as 247, same order too lol

24 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

Per my kids that go to school with Freddie, he supposedly is graduating early and enrolling. The same kids wear hoodies and crocs everyday so who knows for sure.

I mean i wore marilyn manson tshirts and kickwears and i graduated early . texas public school system isn't that big a deal