Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Bobby just said as of now, Wingo is expected to be in.

4 minutes ago, Daichee Bell said:

Wingo in per B and E. Siap 

You mean to tell me the last minute completely absurd anonymous reports of Wingo mulling flipping to fucking Missouri or Nebraska because of limited bowl practice snaps (for a game he can’t play in) was unfounded? 

Edited by Enchubben

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

So- Hampton flips to Bama and we are fine with that, Tyanthony  smith flips to us and we laugh at aggy, Wingo flips to Mizzou and we burn the fucking state to the ground, right?  

You can be fine with Hampton flipping all you want, but I despise the premise. Fuck Nick Saban and Alabama. Losing Hampton and saying "ah, well, no big deal", at this point, would be really fucking irritating to witness from people here. 

Getting Smith would be great and all, but I don't measure pleasure in college sports through the lens of aggie tears. Those are nice and all, but that won't make me feel better about losing Hampton or Wingo.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If you guys really believe the "Wingo's still asleep" silliness, you are dumber than the idiot reporting it, and that would be quite a feat.

Worse than the ongoing commentary about who is doing things right today and who isn't, which is tedious and nauseating on this thread today, is this kind excusemaking for idiots that aren't worth the stanning.

Drink your coffee, I'm not excusing shit. I literally said they should be livestreaming right now.

Bobby has been growing his channel in more effective ways and for a longer period of time, of course they'll have more views today. 

It's like comparing black friday sales of an established business to a fledgling one. 

I think IT is run by a smug moron, but I can be rational about it.

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

Drink your coffee, I'm not excusing shit. I literally said they should be livestreaming right now.

Bobby has been growing his channel in more effective ways and for a longer period of time, of course they'll have more views today. 

It's like comparing black friday sales of an established business to a fledgling one. 

I think IT is run by a smug moron, but I can be rational about it.

Take this stupid shit to the appropriate thread and be wrong somewhere else, please.

Just now, Daichee Bell said:

They said it right before the last break. 

no, they didnt, you either misheard something or are making shit up. I am listening to Erin and Rob, and at NO POINT did they say Wingo was in, its the exact opposite, they have been joking about him sleeping in, which hes been "doing" for 2.5 hours. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

no, they didnt, you either misheard something or are making shit up. I am listening to Erin and Rob, and at NO POINT did they say Wingo was in, its the exact opposite, they have been joking about him sleeping in, which hes been "doing" for 2.5 hours. 

All good, man. Apologies. 

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You can be fine with Hampton flipping all you want, but I despise the premise. Fuck Nick Saban and Alabama. Losing Hampton and saying "ah, well, no big deal", at this point, would be really fucking irritating to witness from people here. 

Getting Smith would be great and all, but I don't measure pleasure in college sports through the lens of aggie tears. Those are nice and all, but that won't make me feel better about losing Hampton or Wingo.

Thought you were incredibly unimpressed/disliked the Hampton signing- this about a jihad against Saban?  As far as I’m concerned any effort he expends (like the headcase last year) on a guy we don’t really want is fine with me. 
I’m all aboard the Alabraska theme and have said that for 18 months or so now- Texas is gonna get over on them and marginalize them over the next 5-20 years- they just aren’t on my radar. Maybe I’m just an idiot but I’ve got a decent track record on seeing around corners on some of this shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It's time to start negging people who perpetuate the "Wingo is still asleep" stupidity.

Then tell us when he wakes up, what he eats for breakfast, who he texts first, does he play monopoly go? And when is the LOI showing up so we can put your billboard up Wingo! What’s funny is out of everyone, you’d be the one to know, just keep that thing pointed elsewhere…

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn

I heard he has narcolepsy and was awake but fell asleep again.  This just keeps happening again and again with every step of signing his NLI, so its just taking longer.  I have it on good authority that he was about to write the N at the end of Ryan when his latest nap occurred.

Just now, Richter said:

I heard he has narcolepsy and was awake but fell asleep again.  This just keeps happening again and again with every step of signing his NLI, so its just taking longer.  I have it on good authority that he was about to write the N at the end of Ryan when his latest nap occurred.

Hahaha this board is so stupid. I can’t believe I cracked up to this hahaha

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Thought you were incredibly unimpressed/disliked the Hampton signing- this about a jihad against Saban?  As far as I’m concerned any effort he expends (like the headcase last year) on a guy we don’t really want is fine with me. 
I’m all aboard the Alabraska theme and have said that for 18 months or so now- Texas is gonna get over on them and marginalize them over the next 5-20 years- they just aren’t on my radar. Maybe I’m just an idiot but I’ve got a decent track record on seeing around corners on some of this shit. 

Sarkisian has spent a lot of time working to keep Hampton. That's as much about setting a standard in the state at this point as it is the value of the player. If you want to see it differently and go full milquetoast on Saban just doing whatever the fuck he wants in recruiting, that's your prerogative. 

Do I think Hampton amounts to anything at the next level? No. He has every red flag. I don't give a fuck about that at this point. I don't think the two head coaches are worrying about that now either.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Sarkisian has spent a lot of time working to keep Hampton. That's as much about setting a standard in the state at this point as it is the value of the player. If you want to see it differently and go full milquetoast on Saban just doing whatever the fuck he wants in recruiting, that's your prerogative. 

Do I think Hampton amounts to anything at the next level? No. He has every red flag. I don't give a fuck about that at this point. I don't think the two head coaches are worrying about that now either.

So, Jihad. Look that’s not an unreasonable take at all I guess. I view McKinley going to ag or LsU the same way- I don’t think he amounts to shit/ if they end up with him IDGAF, but losing a head to head I guess can always be a little disconcerting. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I understand your overall point,  but if Saban’s only Texas recruits are Casey Poe and Hampton, I’d contend that he is not “doing whatever the fuck he wants” here.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

I wouldn't put that out of the realm of possibility but what is Mizzou going to do? Sue him?

Let me get this straight, the dad takes a bag from mizzou, kid signs there and they(Missouri) are then going to sue the family they just paid? Think you’re missing a key piece to this puzzle that he’s not signed yet….

Just now, Longhornlove said:

The Hampton recruitment is a really weird hill to choose to die on. Dude is flaky to put it mildly. How many times has he changed schools and commitments?

Why can't you fucking read you dumb mother fucker? It's a got damn turf war between Sark and Saban. HOLY FUCK YOU'RE STUPID! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Let me get this straight, the dad takes a bag from mizzou, kid signs there and they(Missouri) are then going to sue the family they just paid? Think you’re missing a key piece to this puzzle that he’s not signed yet….

The original premise is that Wingo hasn't signed with Texas bc the dad took a bag from Mizzou. I was saying Wingo could still sign with Texas bc what's Mizzou going to do, sue?

Before we all start turning on Hampton, someone should check in with the family.  Its possible that he also is just oversleeping.  Kids these days need a lot of sleep and, while I know a lot of us come from an older generation with a different work ethic, its not fair to just expect everyone to be awake whenever we want them to.  Sometimes you just have to let people wake up whenever they wake up and then do the thing you want them to do.  Life doesn't always just go according to your own personal alarm clock, you know?

• Haha 3

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Why can't you fucking read you dumb mother fucker? It's a got damn turf war between Sark and Saban. HOLY FUCK YOU'RE STUPID! 

I can read you dumb fuck. That is why I posted. Hampton has flip flopped repeatedly. You don't choose to fight against a flaky kid when most don't think he is worthy. Go fuck yourself asshole.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, FtheBig12 said:

Losing Wingo would suck but grabbing Stewart would be a great consolation prize. You just know he'll catch the game winning TD at kyle next year, sending the ags into full meltdown.

I really don't see that game coming down to a "game winning TD".

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1