Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

Arnold hasn't shown anything yet but neither has Weigman. 

Weigman's entire career so far is stacking up numbers against terrible teams and looking mediocre to bad against good teams. I think the only game you could say Weigman looked good against a plus defense was LSU 2 years ago and he didn't throw the ball much at all. They just gave the ball to Achane. 

IMO Weigman is one of the most overhyped players in college football when you look at what he's done against good defenses. I'm thrilled aggy didn't go after a portal QB. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Arnold hasn't shown anything yet but neither has Weigman. 

Weigman's entire career so far is stacking up numbers against terrible teams and looking mediocre to bad against good teams. I think the only game you could say Weigman looked good against a plus defense was LSU 2 years ago and he didn't throw the ball much at all. They just gave the ball to Achane. 

IMO Weigman is one of the most overhyped players in college football when you look at what he's done against good defenses. I'm thrilled aggy didn't go after a portal QB. 

If Weigman ever manages to play more than 5 games Aggy will turn on his ass and hype the next guy up

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 hours ago, NoName said:

from his texas FB roster page: https://texassports.com/sports/football/roster/nick-rose/5933

image.png.82cf5c9722d524a52c17568edb9bc4e3.png

went to Highland Park, class of 2012.

this seems like the kind of thing you self report/add in and nobody ever fact checks.

4.42 is not the record at HP.  self-reported and lied or reporter misunderstood.  maybe he was the fastest on the team his year. 

21 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

My comment is more about Arnold than Weigman. Even in mediocre performances Weigman has shown the ability to make plays that I haven't seen from Arnold, just not consistently.

Well, he's ahead of him. So congrats on agreeing with the experts, sir. 

18 hours ago, Atticus said:

Look at the eye level. Theyre all about the expected height. TyAnthony looks lighter than expected though. Or Wingo is just built like a tank.

8 hours ago, futureman said:

he looks like a nickel.  not great. 

TyAnthony was always considered an athletic high-upside/ceiling prospect that needed to redshirt & be developed. So it shouldn't be a suprise.

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I have no idea the origin of that Twitter beef and what “Junior corner vs. unproven freshman” refers to, but Hudson showed absolutely nothing in the UA game. Granted, he was on the shit team, but he didn’t do anything to make them better.

So it will be just like college

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

from his texas FB roster page: https://texassports.com/sports/football/roster/nick-rose/5933
image.png.82cf5c9722d524a52c17568edb9bc4e3.png
went to Highland Park, class of 2012.
this seems like the kind of thing you self report/add in and nobody ever fact checks.

I would bet it’s true. Soccer background and we know he was athletic.

We could have run some great fakes with these dudes haha

3 minutes ago, warhorn8 said:

Whats the record? I want to know how fast these white boys are

Everybody, except for ctj and track athletes (who have recorded times), lies about their 40 times.

55 minutes ago, warhorn8 said:

Whats the record? I want to know how fast these white boys are

faster than 4.42

unless randy allen deleted the record books nick rose doesn't have the record.  which in itself is meaningless, it's just curious why that's in his bio.

52 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Everybody, except for ctj and track athletes (who have recorded times), lies about their 40 times.

I sure as shit lied about my 40 time in high school and got called out by my track coach on it lol

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

Hell I was a “6’1” 230lbs” mike in HS.

A 5’10” 230lbs stiff hipped bitch today.

Edited by Ryno
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mittens said:

Kieran is a fucking clown and an embarrassment to the Texas fanbase.

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

...who does he even write for?

I don't think Kieran writes for any media outlet. He's just a well known personality on UT Twitter & has a YouTube channel/podcast. The OB shows sometimes has him on as a guest, legitimizing him.

• Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I don't think Kieran writes for any media outlet. He's just a well known personality on UT Twitter & has a YouTube channel/podcast. The OB shows sometimes has him on as a guest, legitimizing him.

I've given up on dunking on you. It's way too easy and become too clear you're just trolling.

• Haha 1

On 1/3/2024 at 2:08 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

Honestly, I don't care if Lacey sticks with us, he isn't bringing Ryan Williams with him (he'll either flip to Auburn with Lacey, or he'll come here on his own). Trey will be a good one. I feel very good with him and Sark's development. He already has the size and tools, and he loves Texas, and I have no doubt he'll wait his turn, and when he does he'll  be very, very good. He's so underrated it's criminal. 

• Hook 'Em 2