Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

A Huntington Beach man was arrested Thursday, Aug. 25, after a federal complaint was filed last week alleging he breached the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, then bragged about it online.

Federal investigators said they became aware of Brandon Cavanaugh, described as in his 30s, after looking through a Telegram chat on a different Capitol riot suspect’s phone. Someone listed under the contact name “Brandon HB Groyper” used racist and violent language in the chat, according to an FBI agent’s affidavit.

“Groypers,” a term describing members of the America First movement, “believe they are defending against the demographic and cultural changes that are destroying the ‘true America,’ a white, Christian nation,” the agent wrote.

The contact name was connected to Cavanaugh’s cell phone number. Also, Cavanaugh at one point had provided a photo of himself and his email in the chat, the affidavit said.

Cavanaugh has been charged with knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building without lawful authority, disorderly conduct in a Capitol Building, disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building, and parading, demonstrating, or picketing in a Capitol Building, according to the complaint.

Investigators estimate Cavanaugh was inside the U.S. Capitol for approximately 13 minutes. Surveillance footage captured a man, identified by law enforcement as Cavanaugh, wearing a black leather jacket, blue plaid shirt, red beanie, and carrying a large blue “AF [America First]” flag.

On Jan. 6 and 7, the FBI agent wrote, an account on a live streaming website investigators connected to Cavanaugh posted “HB local in DC right now!!” and “Hey HB groyper here I just got back from the capitol!! I got inside!!”

Records confirmed that Cavanaugh and one other person flew from Los Angeles to Washington D.C. on Jan. 4, and stayed in a hotel in Virginia before flying back on Jan. 7, court documents state.

Numerous Southern California residents have been accused of or have admitted to taking part in the Capitol riot last year.

DOJ asking for 210 months.

The Justice Department will seek the longest prison sentence in any U.S. Capitol riot case next week, when it argues at the sentencing of former New York City police officer and U.S. Marine Thomas Webster.

Webster, who once served on the protective detail of former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg, was convicted in a Washington, D.C., federal court in May on charges of assaulting law enforcement.    

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/thomas-webster-january-6-justice-dept-to-seek-longest-sentence/#app

• Hook 'Em 1

Finding Out Talk Not Going Away

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/01/politics/oath-keepers-lawyer-charged-with-obstruction-january-6/index.html

Oath Keepers lawyer charged with obstruction in connection with January 6

A lawyer with close ties to the right-wing militia group the Oath Keepers has been charged with four counts related to the January 6, 2021, US Capitol attack, including conspiracy to obstruct the certification of the electoral college vote that day.

Kellye SoRelle, an attorney who volunteered for Lawyers for Trump during efforts to challenge the 2020 election results and says she's general counsel for the Oath Keepers, also faces obstruction of justice and obstruction of an official proceeding charges.

She is scheduled to appear in an Austin, Texas, courtroom Thursday afternoon.

In May, SoRelle told CNN that she was cooperating with the Justice Department.

"I've done interviews. I've done everything. I'm helping them," SoRelle told CNN about her cooperation, adding that she also handed over phones to investigators. SoRelle does not represent any Oath Keepers in their criminal proceedings.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, chainsaw said:

In May, SoRelle told CNN that she was cooperating with the Justice Department.

"I've done interviews. I've done everything. I'm helping them," SoRelle told CNN about her cooperation, adding that she also handed over phones to investigators.

fargo10.jpg?w=584

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

She started showing up peripherally in the early stop the steal bullshit like Briscoe Cain and that Paul Davis lunatic.  At that time, her role, if any, with the Oath Keepers was low key or non-existent.

I'm simultaneously surprised and not surprised that she got so deep in the shit as to be indicted, and those look to be both felony offenses.

My recollection was right, she was co-counsel with that Davis nutbag on his lolsuit, which I think was where we first heard of her.

She's been deep in it for a while, or at least post election. 

Edited by TwiceHorn

12 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

This is an email to a Wisconsin state Senator:

FblUuoRXwAEbuGC?format=jpg&name=small

No, Ginni, you gaping cunt.  The Constitution leaves the conduct of elections and appointment of electors to state law, enacted by legislatures.  Not to any single legislator, or even group of them, unless that group is a majority of both houses that enacts election law prior to an election.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

18 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

She deserves to go to prison for the spelling of her name. 

To be fair, that's her husband's name.  It would appear that they are separated, as he remains in Granbury, acting as City Attorney and in practice at the Hyde Firm.  https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Find_A_Lawyer&template=/Customsource/MemberDirectory/MemberDirectoryDetail.cfm&ContactID=290298

She lists her office in Junction.  And is administratively suspended (bar dues or CLE) from the practice of law in Texas.  https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Find_A_Lawyer&template=/Customsource/MemberDirectory/MemberDirectoryDetail.cfm&ContactID=290298

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

To be fair, that's her husband's name.  It would appear that they are separated, as he remains in Granbury, acting as City Attorney and in practice at the Hyde Firm.  https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Find_A_Lawyer&template=/Customsource/MemberDirectory/MemberDirectoryDetail.cfm&ContactID=290298

She lists her office in Junction.  And is administratively suspended (bar dues or CLE) from the practice of law in Texas.  https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Find_A_Lawyer&template=/Customsource/MemberDirectory/MemberDirectoryDetail.cfm&ContactID=290298

Kellye is her husband's name?

Kellye SoRelle does have a little je ne se quio.  I read it as kell-ye so-rell-e

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Barry Gibb? 

Here we are, in a dome full of strangers

Discussing coup-de-tat, and the issues of the day

And I can't to talk to you

But you may need me to

I still can't talk to you

I don't care what you say

Talking it up on the Barry Gibb attack

Talking 'bout coup-de-tat, in this crazy crazy time.