TEXAS QB TALK

LTtxfan

• 4 weeks later...

What is expected of Quinn Ewers?

Well... Name is good - short, memorable, no weird spelling... I think it's fine.

Image, Likeness need a little work. He's gonna need to find a hair realizer who can make him look like he doesn't use power tools to coiffe himself prior to image and likeness opportunities.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

Casey threatened to transfer?! That's not true! Sark realized how bad Card sucked and that he made a mistake in naming him the starter at the beginning of the season over Casey. 

Did Casey hack your account? You realize Card outplayed Casey in the spring game even though Casey was playing with the 1s and Card against the 2s? Neither was particularly good, but Casey looked hapless for most of that game despite having better circumstances.

Let's see how Casey handles himself in Lincoln. It won't mean a whole lot, but it could help you see that he isn't who you think he is.

Edited by Atticus

On 2/28/2022 at 7:47 AM, Longboard Horn said:

LMAO IS HE SERIOUS? CARD MORE OF A DUAL THREAT THAN CASEY?! GTFOH 

Mr Thompson, I believe he is pointing out that Ewers would only need 158 yards to be "more of a Dual Threat" than Casey

Edited by Codaxx
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Sark would probably bench a QB that rushed for more than 20 yards in a game.

I never really bought into that. There is a difference between "I want you to keep your eyes up and scramble to throw" and "I dont want you to ever to run". I dont believe a coach has ever uttered the later, despite Longhorn memes. Not to mention Casey's biggest scrambling effort took place vs Ark and he started the next game. 

Edited by Codaxx

30% of Thompson’s rushing yards for the season came in one quarter against Arkansas when they were dropping the defense into Little Rock because they were up so big. It’s why the notion that Thompson was some solid dual threat who was going to bail us out of situations was never reality.

Straight line speed wise, I think Card is actually faster. But as was mentioned above, this offense doesn’t ask the QB to run the ball except for the occasional zone read keeper and rare scramble drill.

On 3/1/2022 at 8:37 AM, lilMAC25 said:

Roschon Johnson is fuckin allsome

Why haven't we used him throwing the ball?  Maybe we will this year out of a two back set.  As much attention as Bijan gets when he touches the ball, a flicker to Rojo would catch someone up shit creek.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Gaffords said:

Why haven't we used him throwing the ball?  Maybe we will this year out of a two back set.  As much attention as Bijan gets when he touches the ball, a flicker to Rojo would catch someone up shit creek.

Heck if I know. Why didn’t we go to the wild-Ro earlier?

2 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

Heck if I know. Why didn’t we go to the wild-Ro earlier?

Sadly, it works when your defense gives up 17 points. Not many games Texas could sit back and be patient on offense, would be nice if that is an option this year. 

On 3/3/2022 at 5:29 PM, Jkwellborn said:

He hasn’t had turf toe the entire time he’s been at Texas.

I think he meant he hasn't had turf toe during his entire period playing for Texas, not that he's never had turf toe while at Texas.  In other words, there were times he was playing without turf toe, so why didn't they do it during those times.

• 2 weeks later...