TEXAS QB TALK

LTtxfan

1 hour ago, immamac said:

IDK what Casey is still doing - if he's not draftable now he won't be draftable after next season. He needs to declare for the NFL and just get on with life if he doesn't make it.

He will be 24 next season, he will be significantly older than several QB's in the NFL. 

Damn that's crazy. He and Schooler must love school 

1 hour ago, immamac said:

IDK what Casey is still doing - if he's not draftable now he won't be draftable after next season. He needs to declare for the NFL and just get on with life if he doesn't make it.

He will be 24 next season, he will be significantly older than several QB's in the NFL. 

Damn that's crazy. He and Schooler must love school 

I can see schools taking a chance on Card. 

I can’t see Card finishing the season as a starter other than due to injury. 

Perhaps the game will slow down for him in his 3rd or 4th year of college, but it sure hasn’t slowed down for him yet.

I hope that Casey sticks around, because he can play when his thumb is working. Card can do whatever. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I can see schools taking a chance on Card. 

I can’t see Card finishing the season as a starter other than due to injury. 

Perhaps the game will slow down for him in his 3rd or 4th year of college, but it sure hasn’t slowed down for him yet.

I hope that Casey sticks around, because he can play when his thumb is working. Card can do whatever

Amen 

13 hours ago, Snacks said:

He isn't going to be draftable until his thumb is healed and he throws.

Casey will never get drafted. 

I could see him being an UDFA that signs for a camp and then makes it to a full training camp. Maybe he could even make a practice squad and eventually be a backup on a roster… maybe. I would put that as his ceiling, but he’s never going to get drafted. 

The NFL drafts measurables. Casey is short, but he has a weak arm. NFL GMs are salivating. 🙄

He’d be better off getting an MBA and making NIL cash.

Edited by Napoleon

16 hours ago, immamac said:

MBA from the University of Texas Austin

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/12/2021 at 8:23 PM, perfectchaos007 said:

Spring practice and the spring football game just got a lot more interesting. Will Thompson or Card transfer out before the spring game or will they try to compete for QB1?

Casey is staying. Wouldn't be surprised to see Card go. Also wondering if Ben Ballard or Charles Wright leave with Maalik Murphy also coming in. 

18 hours ago, immamac said:

Brandon Weeden was old when he went to the NFL and he still made a team and started.

No one expects Casey to start at least the beginning of next season? Bama game #2? Would love him back for one more season. 

Ewers is supremely talented but he hasn't played football in two years, 18 years old going on 19, and is brand new to the system. Usually the young QBs that have success are the redshirt guys or older that have already been in the same program for at least a year. Ohio St, oklahoma, and Bama QBs all turned 20 recently.

Think there will be some serious meltdowns if Ewers has to start day 1. 

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

No one expects Casey to start at least the beginning of next season? Bama game #2? Would love him back for one more season. 

Ewers is supremely talented but he hasn't played football in two years, 18 years old going on 19, and is brand new to the system. Usually the young QBs that have success are the redshirt guys or older that have already been in the same program for at least a year. Ohio St, oklahoma, and Bama QBs all turned 20 recently.

Use both Casey and Quinn with different packages for the Bama game to throw them off. Hell, use RoJo as well. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Save Ewers for OU and do what they did to us: Throw in a QB nobody has had a chance to scheme for or any college film on at halftime if things are going bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/14/2021 at 11:44 AM, immamac said:

Good Luck Casey... 🤘 

Just a final fyi on Casey Thompson by Nahlin (IT)

If you know what the prevailing narrative is, I’m telling you it’s the opposite.

He was not known to study an inordinate amount.

He was not known to be a great leader.

He was not wildly popular on the team. He was known to be arrogant.

We would have tweets from hyperventilating media sent to us from sources with crying-laughing emojis because their schtick was so ridiculous.

He also threatened to leave at the beginning of the year which is why Sark changed his long held approach of playing one QB.

I like having Maalik RS his first year and as QB2 his freshman year. If we don't land Arch, Maalik can make all the throws and has an arm that is NOT considered second fiddle to anyone's, including Ewers.  He just needs polishing. He comes into the program well aware he lacks the development and hungry to learn the things he needs to be a better QB.  Sark's distinguished track record with QB development is what brings him and Ewers to Texas.

oh and did I mention Maalik hurdles an upright defender in their state championship? What's not to love?

I don't know if Sark is the guy, but I hope like hell he is.  I can only imagine what recruiting will look like if we start to play football like we know what we are doing.

5 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Maalik will most likely redshirt 

After your proclamation that Casey was staying, I can understand why you feel the need to make such a Captain Obvious post to regain credibility. But maybe just sit a few plays out. 

• Haha 2

Just a final fyi on Casey Thompson by Nahlin (IT)
If you know what the prevailing narrative is, I’m telling you it’s the opposite.

He was not known to study an inordinate amount.

He was not known to be a great leader.

He was not wildly popular on the team. He was known to be arrogant.

We would have tweets from hyperventilating media sent to us from sources with crying-laughing emojis because their schtick was so ridiculous.

He also threatened to leave at the beginning of the year which is why Sark changed his long held approach of playing one QB.

So…that last part is total bullshit. Sark played Casey over Card because Card sucks donkey balls in live action. Simple as that.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

So…that last part is total bullshit. Sark played Casey over Card because Card sucks donkey balls in live action. Simple as that.

This is in reference to Casey getting solid PT during the ULL game. After which, they still bitched about not getting more pass plays