So, back to that legalization thing

Longhorn_Fan68

On 5/16/2024 at 4:09 PM, texasdago said:

Abbott will find a way

Yep.  MAGA will cheer it on, and when you ask them "so you want the government telling you what you can and can't put in your body" they'll briefly be confused, and then go back to talking about child trafficking.

There is a ghost town in the Texas Panhandle named Glenrio, Texas. It's on the old Route 66, right where Texas and New Mexico meet. If you look at this photo, Texas ends and New Mexico begins where the pavement changes color.  It's pretty desolate there. But that white building, the only structure? That's the Glenrio smoeke shop in New Mexico. You can legally buy all the marijuana, gummies etc ... that you want right there, within about 150 yards of Texas. Texas is so dumb.

GlenRio.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

Yup. And just a stone's throw away south, you have the city of Farwell, TX, which is adjacent and across the tracks from Texico, NM.

spacer.png

The small sign just in front of the red truck hauling the camper welcomes you to New Mexico. The yellow building directly across the street is a smoke shop. Being caught with marijuana standing in the exact spot where this picture is taken would be a crime. Thanks, Texas!

• Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, scottsins said:

I’ll see your example of trash weed policy and raise you this:

Last week a judge told my PTSD Vet that if he tested hot for THC, he would have his probation revoked, even if he could provide a valid prescription for an approved registered physician under the Compassionate Use Program.

Opioids? Benzos? No similar policy/stande.

That’s a judge who needs his/her shit put on blast. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Weed (and therapy) most likely saved me from a full fledged mental collapse when I was a young man. Additionally it helped keep me from what would have likely been a pill problem that could have taken any number of roads.  

not to mention I watched my mom go through colon cancer, and saw how impactful marijuana was in her pain mitigation and relief treatment. 

A friend of mine from a few jobs ago developed some joint issues and ended up developing gout. His doctor's prescribed him a bunch of opioids, but he just smoked weed for pain relief and completely effectively managed his pain. 

It's such a farce that weed is considered so dangerous in the eyes of the law. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Personally I’m hoping it goes like last time this came up with those assholes…too much bickering/legislative energy ‘wasted’ on fighting over school vouchers, border, etc.  Of course, Abbot was successful on his efforts to Primary any dissenters and I’m worried it’ll go like his pardon recently…all those involved were appointed by the Texas Terrible Triad of Abbot/Paxton/Patrick.  

The D8/D9 products have done me really well as a surrogate to the real deal…helpful for sleep, drinking less, and often works to setup a nice evening with the wife.  

I’m all for regulating it…hate that you can buy it in gas stations, only self-imposed quality oversight, and places where it’s legal it comes in child resistant packaging.  A nightmare of mine is my kids getting into the gummies, so I have a special lock box for it. 

Actually implementing this will kill a ton of small businesses, impact chronic pain sufferers/veterans, and be another reason to hate what Texas has become the past 22 years I’ve lived here.  

11 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

There is a ghost town in the Texas Panhandle named Glenrio, Texas. It's on the old Route 66, right where Texas and New Mexico meet. If you look at this photo, Texas ends and New Mexico begins where the pavement changes color.  It's pretty desolate there. But that white building, the only structure? That's the Glenrio smoeke shop in New Mexico. You can legally buy all the marijuana, gummies etc ... that you want right there, within about 150 yards of Texas. Texas is so dumb.

GlenRio.jpg

looks like there's police waiting to pull you over if you head back to Texas. lol, nice try, copper

22 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

GlenRio.jpg

Texas likes owning libtards and stoners.

from arrest to booking, a cop wastes about 3 hours of his time to get a stoner off the streets. Cops don’t mind the easy work because it saves them from actually having to deal with violent and dangerous criminals while also making it look like they’re “ doing their job”.

Our state is run by extremely backwards and stupid ass people.