2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Yankees don’t know how to build a team. They work and focus on buying one. Chemistry comes from building one. Underachieving occurs from mercenary aggregation. Too many individuals. But it is, I suppose, and can’t deny, the next best thing.

Oh, and fuck the Yankees with a half eaten dried up corn cob.

Edited by Wishbone
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Our bullpen is in about as good a shape as could be reasonably expected after two games. Especially given Framber’s shitshow.

True. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about Luis putting up a shitshow on Friday. Glad that Braves will be pitching bullpen all of Game 4 and 5 - the Astros deserve that break since LMJ can't go. The Astros won't drop three straight in Atlanta. I think the Astros clinch the title in Houston next Tuesday.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

will suck for correa if he goes and takes a big contract from detroit or minnesota or miami and stops moving up postseason stat ladders.

I feel the same about Springer but maybe they'll get in a few times.  They almost made it this year.  He's also tied for 10th in WS homeruns where you don't have the "more rounds" bullshit that makes it impossible to compare.

10 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

True. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about Luis putting up a shitshow on Friday. Glad that Braves will be pitching bullpen all of Game 4 and 5 - the Astros deserve that break since LMJ can't go. The Astros won't drop three straight in Atlanta. I think the Astros clinch the title in Houston next Tuesday.

I’m not. the knee injury (and subsequent mechanical tweak) he’s a different pitcher. 
avg 93.3 fastball during regular season. Then:

Garcia threw the five fastest pitches of his career in Game 6; he has thrown the eight fastest pitches of his career all in the postseason (seven in Game 6, one against the Rays last year). The righty averaged just 93.3 mph on his four-seamer during the regular season, but in Game 6, he averaged 96.0. That average fastball velocity was 1.4 mph faster than his highest average in any other outing this season (94.6 mph, April 12). He was amped up.

Sure, some was postseason adrenaline. Some was him knowing he wouldn’t be asked to go very deep. But pretty impressive for a guy everyone said “he’s hit his wall for the year. His arm is done.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

I’m not. the knee injury (and subsequent mechanical tweak) he’s a different pitcher. 
avg 93.3 fastball during regular season. Then:

Garcia threw the five fastest pitches of his career in Game 6; he has thrown the eight fastest pitches of his career all in the postseason (seven in Game 6, one against the Rays last year). The righty averaged just 93.3 mph on his four-seamer during the regular season, but in Game 6, he averaged 96.0. That average fastball velocity was 1.4 mph faster than his highest average in any other outing this season (94.6 mph, April 12). He was amped up.

Sure, some was postseason adrenaline. Some was him knowing he wouldn’t be asked to go very deep. But pretty impressive for a guy everyone said “he’s hit his wall for the year. His arm is done.”

We close this deal out with at least one Garcia win and Strom deserves a cool million handshake on his way to retirement and consulting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Thinking about Bregman's struggles, and the last time he was consistently good. I think it's been since the trash can scandal. Maybe he's just an average, to below average hitter, and he was greatly helped by knowing what pitch was coming. I'm happy to be proved wrong.