2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

11 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Alex Bregman's initials are AB, which also stand for A Bitch. Drop your fucking nuts and play like you give a fuck.

I've never been more disgusted with a team then than tonight... world series no less. If these guys don't give a fuck why should I?

They care more than you ever will.

• Hook 'Em 3

Braves were 39-17 (.696) over about the last 1/3 of the regular season, which projects to a 113 win team.  Playing with numbers sure, but this is a very very hot team who disposed of the super hot Dodgers like it was nothing.   Astros need to win 2 in ATL, not be down 3-2 going home. 

Yeah, that Siri steal should have been with 0 or 1 out, what a waste, should have been a momentum changer.. 

Just now, Gourmand said:

I understand the importance of not panicking wrt the lineup but think it's worth considering Aledmys at third because his bat is hot in workouts and he's itching to play. I'm not openly pushing for it, but I wouldn't be opposed to it either. 

He's not replacing Bregman. It's not being considered.

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I understand the importance of not panicking wrt the lineup but think it's worth considering Aledmys at third because his bat is hot in workouts and he's itching to play. I'm not openly pushing for it, but I wouldn't be opposed to it either. 

I have as good of a chance starting at third in this series as Aledmys.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Braves were 39-17 (.696) over about the last 1/3 of the regular season, which projects to a 113 win team. 

They were 36-19. That's the exact record you're referring to. But of those 36 wins, 25 were against <.500 teams and they were 11-10 against winning teams. They were beating the crap out of the Nats and Marlins. They are nowhere close to a 113-win team.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Gourmand said:

They were 36-19. That's the exact record you're referring to. But of those 36 wins, 25 were against <.500 teams and they were 11-10 against winning teams. They were beating the crap out of the Nats and Marlins. They are nowhere close to a 113-win team.

Still, no one would be shocked if they win the World Series.

No way should this team lose when our staff gives up 2 runs. With three of our top hitters of late being LH bats, our RH core now simply has to step up against the southpaw-heavy Atlanta bullpen. Not that Brantley, Alvarez and Tucker can't get it done against whoever, but no way should they have to keep carrying the load. History suggests our guys will come around, but I'd feel better if Altuve, Bregman and Correa all hit the ball hard tomorrow. The margin's getting thin. 

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Alex Bregman's initials are AB, which also stand for A Bitch. Drop your fucking nuts and play like you give a fuck.

I've never been more disgusted with a team then than tonight... world series no less. If these guys don't give a fuck why should I?

I swear this team does this shit on purpose to fuck with us.
It almost feels scripted how they are dead then alive…then dead again…then…alive?

• Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Braves were 39-17 (.696) over about the last 1/3 of the regular season, which projects to a 113 win team.  Playing with numbers sure, but this is a very very hot team who disposed of the super hot Dodgers like it was nothing.   Astros need to win 2 in ATL, not be down 3-2 going home. 

Yeah, that Siri steal should have been with 0 or 1 out, what a waste, should have been a momentum changer.. 

Meh. It's hard to be hotter than Boston was after game 3 in the ALCS.

Yesterday doesn't mean shit unless the Astros let it.

1 hour ago, utxmike05 said:

I think the dodgers 2 hit us in game 4….and then that epic Game 5 happened. (I was there). 

Yes, but the two hits were homers.  That game ended Giles's World Series (yay!) and was about as bad as I have felt as an Astros fan.*

*There is a lot of competition for this.

17 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Suck it Ohtani

Zack Greinke is batting 8th tonight

He's the 2nd pitcher in World Series history to start a game batting anywhere other than 9th, joining:

Babe Ruth in 1918 World Series Game 4, who hit 6th in that game

fuck yeah

• Like 1

For those unfamiliar with the pitcher hitting eighth argument:

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/news/article/26045/baseball-therapy-hit-the-pitcher-eighth/

Thing is, it will only be Greinke once (I hope it's at least once, let's put it that way).  So then it's a question of PH versus Machete for the rest of the game.