2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

36 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Dusty mismanaging the bullpen in the most important game of the year is not surprising.

I don’t know man. I’ve been driving the Dusty is awful at managing bullpen bus all year long and I don’t know that I particularly see it that way. I’m ready to listen. 
I hate that this group will only win 1 ring but that’s 1 more than I ever thought I’d see in my life so I’m eternally grateful. 

18 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I don’t know man. I’ve been driving the Dusty is awful at managing bullpen bus all year long and I don’t know that I particularly see it that way. I’m ready to listen. 
I hate that this group will only win 1 ring but that’s 1 more than I ever thought I’d see in my life so I’m eternally grateful. 

Stanek in the 5th and Javier in the 7th was a complete fuckup. Not too mention letting Pressly throw 30+ pitches tonight in a losing effort.

I'm not sure why Javier wasn't the bridge guy after Greinke pitched and hit his ass off.

Raley should never be used in a high leverage situation.

You built your pen so that you would have Stanek, Graveman, and Pressly to get the final 9 outs, and for some reason he deviated from it tonight. It's the same as when Dieker used Mike Jackson in game 1 of the 2001 NLDS, instead of sticking with Dotel and Wagner.

I really like Dusty, he is a great ambassador for the game, and he is just a great person off the field. There is a reason why he has never won the WS, and has been fired twice after leading a team into the playoffs. Hopefully the offense wakes up and puts up 3 big games, but you had the game in your grasp and you decided it was best to deviate from your winning strategy.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Stanek in the 5th and Javier in the 7th was a complete fuckup. Not too mention letting Pressly throw 30+ pitches tonight in a losing effort.
I'm not sure why Javier wasn't the bridge guy after Greinke pitched and hit his ass off.
Raley should never be used in a high leverage situation.
You built your pen so that you would have Stanek, Graveman, and Pressly to get the final 9 outs, and for some reason he deviated from it tonight. It's the same as when Dieker used Mike Jackson in game 1 of the 2001 NLDS, instead of sticking with Dotel and Wagner.

Really good post. My gauge was original intent was to save Javier to piggy-back Framber tomorrow, but once lead was cut to 2-1 and Maton narrowly escaped disaster (and no insurance runs were added) Dusty went into panic mode and wanted his “best weapon” (bypassing Graveman) covering 7th/8th to try to get to Pressly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really good post. My gauge was original intent was to save Javier to piggy-back Framber tomorrow, but once lead was cut to 2-1 and Maton narrowly escaped disaster (and no insurance runs were added) Dusty went into panic mode and wanted his “best weapon” (bypassing Graveman) covering 7th/8th to try to get to Pressly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And now I’m sure Pressly is out tomorrow.

Look…I wana be positive. But we only managed 2 runs in 2 close games with really good Stros pitching in both.  Both runs by Altuve.  And 1 RBI by him.  

ANDDD It’s pretty pathetic that we only managed 2 runs vs Atlanta’s shitty staff these past 2 games. Trash pitchers today and we choked it.  

i’m tired of going into every inning thinking “ok this is definitely the inning the bats go off!”

Edited by utxmike05