Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, stork642 said:

I’m starting to think the reason Ewers and Herman have hit it off is because they are both shape shifters.  Every time I see Ewers I hardly recognize him.  He looks completely different in every photo.  

If the best qb prospect in 2 decades didn't have superpowers I'd be disappointed.

• Hook 'Em 1

So I decided watch some highlights on Burton, Stewart, Winfield, and tried to find footage on Wilson.

1.  Burton-  This guy is the real deal.  Herman needs to have every coach on this recruitment.  Cannot let another Garrett Wilson situation happen.  He’s got it all.  Strong hands and very good route runner.  Good speed and dangerous with the ball on his hands.  He looks like Jeudy out there, maybe not as elite of a route runner but his film looks very similar with how he plays.  His listed height is 6’0 but he looks taller on film.

2.  Stewart-  He looks like he’s getting shot out of a cannon when the ball snaps.  He has elite speed.  Does very well on jet sweeps and would probably play Z in our offense.  Listed height is 6’0 but he looks more like 5’10 on film.  He looks like Marquise Brown to me.

3.  Armani Winfield-  Seems to do everything well as a WR.  Good speed, good hands, silky smooth route runner.  He reminds me of Joshua Moore but not as skinny coming out of high school.  He looks like our H.

4.  Phaison Wilson-  I couldn’t find much tape on him just a few plays where he’s just bigger than everyone and wins.  He looks like a college WR right now with his size.  I’d like to see more tape on him.  Bama wanted him and they seem to know a thing or two about WRs lately.  Will probably play X at Texas or could grow into a TE.  

If we can get all 4, then wow.  This would be on par with the 2018 DB haul.  Hopefully add in Jaydon Blue and if we can land Wheaton/LJ.... Ewers will have some of the best skill players in the nation to throw to.  I would love to have Wheaton’s speed and Stewart’s speed on the field at the same time.

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 7

One more thing, we’re probably going to clean up on skill players in 2022.  Ou will get theirs along with any guys LSU wants to cherry pick if they need to.  What I’m getting at is aggy is going to have to get some more New Jersey boys.  Not sure any skill player is interested in them.  Outside of Demas and Dylan Wright, both of whom were straight up bought, they’re getting 0 interest from RBs and WRs.  If we get Wheaton, I think LJ waits for UGA or LSU to push for him.  No one wants to play in that boring offense.  Hell TCU is getting better skill players than aggy.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

One more thing, we’re probably going to clean up on skill players in 2022.  Ou will get theirs along with any guys LSU wants to cherry pick if they need to.  What I’m getting at is aggy is going to have to get some more New Jersey boys.  Not sure any skill player is interested in them.  Outside of Demas and Dylan Wright, both of whom were straight up bought, they’re getting 0 interest from RBs and WRs.  If we get Wheaton, I think LJ waits for UGA or LSU to push for him.  No one wants to play in that boring offense.  Hell TCU is getting better skill players than aggy.  

i always held out hope Wright would portal to us..

Justin Wells: Quick-hitters from Ewers, Wilson, Winfield, and Stewart

It began with a text. Quinn Ewers, the Southlake Carroll five-star and 2022 Texas pledge, began reaching out to prospects in the area, one by one. After a group chat, Ewers was joined by a handful of the state’s top receivers on Friday night. 2022 Lancaster WR, UT pledge Phaizon Wilson, 2022 Frisco Liberty WR Evan Stewart, and 2022 Lewisville WR Armanti Winfield. After warming up, Ewers and the crew began throwing the route-tree. Watching Quinn throw a football is easy like Sunday morning. He was tossing an NFL size football like a nerf. It’s rare to see a guy just flick a football 50+ yards. Then hit the goalpost. Ewers is also noticeably larger. He’s every bit of 6’3, 210.

Wilson can catch. Everything. His hands are large and strong. His wingspan and frame look like a guaranteed red zone mismatch. Winfield is smooth. At almost 6’3, his game has improved so much over the last year. His maturity on and off the field have been apparent, according to the Lewisville staff. In and out of cuts, he catches the ball away from his body and still separates from defender. Stewart is le-git. You can easily see why he’s a five-star rated prospect. If he played corner, he’d be in the top tier in 2022. And he can play corner. His hips flip like he’s done it for years. Watching him run routes is an exercise in fluidity. Not one wasted motion. Ewers attempted to over-throw him from 60, but instead the ball fell in Stewart’s lap. Almost like they’ve done this for years.

It was a great vibe last night. Not putting the cart before the horse, but Texas is in great shape with Winfield and Stewart. After last night, I don’t see that changing soon. The #EwersEffect is real.

• Hook 'Em 9

2 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:
  Reveal hidden contents

wr/ath commit is in 

timeline couple weeks 

2 hours ago, canadianhorn21 said:

This poem goes out to you, Carl:

He is fast as shit

Class is gonna be legit

Big Glizzy. Errbody.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5

20 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

Brennan Thompson: The latest: Oklahoma, Alabama and Texas A&M are the top three for Thompson but he’s also pretty interested in Clemson as well. - Spiegelman

https://n.rivals.com/news/where-things-stand-with-top-100-players-in-2022-rivals250

Those fuccbois don't know nothing...

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting