Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Wells

Spoiler

WR CJ Williams, Mater Dei (Santa Ana, TX) - 2022:

That first impression can be everlasting. CJ Williams’ trip to Austin for his first official visit was meaningful for the California wideout.

“Family really enjoyed it," said Williams. "It was just my mom, my dad, and myself. But from what I saw, they were very content with the experience. Obviously we all know about the reputation of UT football and academics, that can been seen through stats alone.”

The 6-foot-2, 195-pound pass-catcher from the west coast with 49 offers has a firm belief in what he wants from a college program. Call it principled, but the little things mattered.

“What I really valued was the things I experienced that can’t be defined by stats,” said Williams. “That being the genuine relationship (Texas) developed with us.”

Bringing Steve Sarkisian’s son and Mater Dei teammate, Brady Sarkisian, made the experience even more memorable.

"Brady definitely had a whole lot of fun," Williams said.

The Williams’ travels began with Austin, then they saw Palo Alto for his Stanford official. They’ll see South Bend for the Fighting Irish (the perceived leader) for the weekend of June 25th-27th.

“I’m flying home from Stanford and flying to Notre Dame on Thursday," said Williams. "Those are the three teams with one more that it’s really going end up coming down to. Being that Texas was my very first official visit, it really set that bar high. They exceeded expectations for me and just left me with a really good feel for the entire program.”

Texas wants Williams in this class. His Notre Dame trip looms large this weekend.

OL Earnest Greene, St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA) - 2022:

The 6-foot-5, 330-pound four-star will hit Texas on Friday for an unofficial visit.

With 24 offers including Ohio State, Alabama, Oregon, and Cal, Greene will see Norman on Thursday before he treks to the ATX. And this will all be new to him.

"I'm just looking forward to stepping foot on campus and getting some time with the coaches," said Greene. "This will be the first time in Austin."

Greene told IT earlier this cycle that he genuinely likes the Longhorns and continues to build a nice bond with Steve Sarkisian and Kyle Flood. Greene's father actually played with Andre Coleman in the NFL.

Greene wants a good entrepreneurship program and a team with great development for players at his spot. (Kyle Flood stands up)

We'll catch up with Greene post-visit, but he's a prospect you might try to fit into your class.

WR Jordan Hudson, Garland (Garland, TX) - 2022:

The best receiver in-state after the catch is set to see Austin.

The 6-foot-1, 180-pound terror on the field and former Oklahoma commit recently tripped to SMU, where I'm told it went exceedingly well. Now, it's UT's turn.

Hudson is one of the best playmakers in the country for 2022, and a guy you pursue through the whistle. He might leave Austin uncommitted, but this is just a piece of the foundation. Let him see the school, facilities, and the players on campus. Show him how he fits in Sark's offense. Then, continue the pursuit.

Mike at Night: more on Turner-Gooden and an important upcoming visit for Texas

Spoiler

— Four-star safety Larry Turner-Gooden left Austin this morning. I'm still waiting to catch up with him personally as he's been traveling, but I was told by a source in Austin they were extremely pleased with the way the trip went, and the Longhorns are set up to get him back for a return during the season on an official visit. Texas was a school Turner-Gooden liked quite a bit before making his commitment to Arizona State. Even before news was released that the Sun Devils would face a major NCAA investigation regarding hosting official visitors during the COVID-19 dead period, things were heating up behind the scenes with Turner-Gooden and Texas. While USC was expected to be a factor in this race early, I don't see that as of now. Penn State, UCLA and Colorado are all schools that will get consideration and Arizona State isn't out of the picture by any means.

— Earlier today I confirmed a report by Justin Wells of Inside Texas that four-star Tyler Legacy running back Jamarion Miller is expected to be on campus in Austin this weekend for an official visit. This is pretty big news as the staff had been working to get Miller on campus for an unofficial trip, but even that was up in the air. Texas was once considered an easy favorite in this race, but Miller drifted away from Texas during the spring. What can Texas do to get back in this race? They need to knock this visit out of the park. Miller has always been partial to Texas going back to when his older brother Damion Miller was committed to Texas. I've also heard that Miller would like to stay home and close to his mother. Earlier in the spring, it seemed that Alabama would be the favorite for him, but that talk has quieted down a bit. In fact, Texas A&M probably has the edge in the race right now as the Aggies came on late in the spring and hosted him for a visit. Texas can present him with a comfortable option close to home in an offense fit for his skillset. For Texas, landing a second running back the caliber of Miller would be huge. it sounds like this visit came together quickly this week, so we will see how things shake out with the Longhorns and the east Texas back.

— I spoke with Van Nuys (Calif.) Birmingham tight end prospect Arlis Boardingham. He's set to visit Texas this weekend and was supposed to visit Arizona State last week. He told me that despite their troubles, he's still interested in the Sun Devils and will likely visit in the fall. Perhaps Texas can convince him to shut it down with a good visit this weekend, but what looked like it could be a summer decision could now move to fall if he decides to take all of his visits.

— It sounds like Texas commit Armani Winfield will take an official visit to LSU this weekend.  Winfield has gone silent and cut off all media communication, but he's been on several visits during the summer.  Texas hosted him last week, and though I heard the trip solidified things with him, Winfield wants to take his visits and enjoy this part of the recruiting process.  

— I spoke to Texas commit Kristopher Ross who was on campus last weekend for what I thought was an official visit.  In catching up with Ross today, he told me that his visit to Texas last week wasn't actually an official.  It was his second unofficial in a row having visited the prior week with several teammates.  Ross told me that everything is solid with his commitment and he loved being in Austin the last two weeks.  He plans to return during the fall for his official visit.

— Greg Biggins of 247Sports confirmed today that Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco offensive lineman Earnest Greene will visit Texas on Friday.  Greene is coming in with a friend and teammate and plans to see Texas along with Oklahoma.  While Texas has been hanging around in this race, they could take a big step with a good visit.

— Another player out west to keep an eye on is Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei linebacker Eoghan Kerry.  Kerry lists Texas as a dream school and is planning to visit Austin in July for a private workout with Jeff Choate.  Kerry could be an interior backer or edge rusher with his large and long frame.  If Texas were to offer they could immediately become a favorite in the race for him.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I'll only point out what's in the later post I made. The study started 1932 with no known cure for syphilis.

In 1943, penicillin came along but those running the study chose not to use it for men in the study.

In  1972, 1972!, a newspaper article draws attention to the still ongoing study leading to its discontinuation.

And it's just one piece of evidence regarding the place of black American in society. The National Guard bombed Black Wall Street in Tulsa during that shameful massacre which was later called a race riot.

Right now, black families are losing property, mostly rural farms, that their ancestors got after the Civil War but without formal title. Carpetbaggers steal it from them legally by using deed law.

This is a political post, I know. It isn't partisan, however. Black distrust of the US or local government is a million miles from being unfounded or unhinged. The governments they have and do distrust have, sadly, been run by both parties over the decades.

It's an American problem. I'll hop off the soapbox now.

edit

I missed the expiration date on this derail. Humble apologies. Hell, abject apologies.

spacer.png

Let me give you a little perspective. 

My ex's step dad. Was  SEABEE at midway Island during ww2. After the war the embarked the whole outfit and took them home. at the last formation on the island the unit CO. Said " there isn't. Father among you"  

And no enlisted man in that unit ever fathered. Child. But the officers did. Strange ,huh? He never found out what that was about. People tried to find out. But couldn't find anything. 

The second. We have all seen the video of the bikini atoll nuke test.  the nuke blast of the naval ships. 

What you don't know was there was a division of troops on one of the islands also. 10000 men 

Lady across the street was married to one of the last 2 survivors of that division.  Late 70s early 80s. I helped her get him back in bed a few times. He looked like a concentration camp survivor. 

Our government does what it wants.  And we are ALL  cattle to be done with as they please.

7 hours ago, Machinator said:

Wells

Hide contents

WR CJ Williams, Mater Dei (Santa Ana, TX) - 2022:

That first impression can be everlasting. CJ Williams’ trip to Austin for his first official visit was meaningful for the California wideout.

“Family really enjoyed it," said Williams. "It was just my mom, my dad, and myself. But from what I saw, they were very content with the experience. Obviously we all know about the reputation of UT football and academics, that can been seen through stats alone.”

The 6-foot-2, 195-pound pass-catcher from the west coast with 49 offers has a firm belief in what he wants from a college program. Call it principled, but the little things mattered.

“What I really valued was the things I experienced that can’t be defined by stats,” said Williams. “That being the genuine relationship (Texas) developed with us.”

Bringing Steve Sarkisian’s son and Mater Dei teammate, Brady Sarkisian, made the experience even more memorable.

"Brady definitely had a whole lot of fun," Williams said.

The Williams’ travels began with Austin, then they saw Palo Alto for his Stanford official. They’ll see South Bend for the Fighting Irish (the perceived leader) for the weekend of June 25th-27th.

“I’m flying home from Stanford and flying to Notre Dame on Thursday," said Williams. "Those are the three teams with one more that it’s really going end up coming down to. Being that Texas was my very first official visit, it really set that bar high. They exceeded expectations for me and just left me with a really good feel for the entire program.”

Texas wants Williams in this class. His Notre Dame trip looms large this weekend.

OL Earnest Greene, St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA) - 2022:

The 6-foot-5, 330-pound four-star will hit Texas on Friday for an unofficial visit.

With 24 offers including Ohio State, Alabama, Oregon, and Cal, Greene will see Norman on Thursday before he treks to the ATX. And this will all be new to him.

"I'm just looking forward to stepping foot on campus and getting some time with the coaches," said Greene. "This will be the first time in Austin."

Greene told IT earlier this cycle that he genuinely likes the Longhorns and continues to build a nice bond with Steve Sarkisian and Kyle Flood. Greene's father actually played with Andre Coleman in the NFL.

Greene wants a good entrepreneurship program and a team with great development for players at his spot. (Kyle Flood stands up)

We'll catch up with Greene post-visit, but he's a prospect you might try to fit into your class.

WR Jordan Hudson, Garland (Garland, TX) - 2022:

The best receiver in-state after the catch is set to see Austin.

The 6-foot-1, 180-pound terror on the field and former Oklahoma commit recently tripped to SMU, where I'm told it went exceedingly well. Now, it's UT's turn.

Hudson is one of the best playmakers in the country for 2022, and a guy you pursue through the whistle. He might leave Austin uncommitted, but this is just a piece of the foundation. Let him see the school, facilities, and the players on campus. Show him how he fits in Sark's offense. Then, continue the pursuit.

He's mixing up his Hudson superlatives! Good for Gerry.

2 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

Let me give you a little perspective. 

My ex's step dad. Was  SEABEE at midway Island during ww2. After the war the embarked the whole outfit and took them home. at the last formation on the island the unit CO. Said " there isn't. Father among you"  

And no enlisted man in that unit ever fathered. Child. But the officers did. Strange ,huh? He never found out what that was about. People tried to find out. But couldn't find anything. 

The second. We have all seen the video of the bikini atoll nuke test.  the nuke blast of the naval ships. 

What you don't know was there was a division of troops on one of the islands also. 10000 men 

Lady across the street was married to one of the last 2 survivors of that division.  Late 70s early 80s. I helped her get him back in bed a few times. He looked like a concentration camp survivor. 

Our government does what it wants.  And we are ALL  cattle to be done with as they please.

So they just accidentally ended up with all black men in the Tuskegee study? Jim Crow laws were for all the cattle, but we only hear about how it was applied to black people because of....what? Slavery wasn't justified in the US Congress because of the inferiority of the Black race?

You're correct about one of us lacking perspective.

• Fuck You 2

Gerry - Recruiting Matters

Gerry Hamilton

Senior National Recruiting Analyst On3.com

IT Recruiting Matters: Huge four days for Sarkisian and staff

The end of the week and weekend has gotten a lot more pressure packed for Steve Sarkisian and staff with the news in recent days that Bryce Anderson would be an official visit, Jamarion Miller is making an official visit and Jordan Hudson is expected in Austin today.

Oh yeah, and Devon Campbell is coming to town too for a one-day visit. And then there is offensive guard Earnest Greene, who is also scheduled to make an unofficial visit Friday.

That means the staff will be hosting, and meeting face-to-face for a first time, more than a dozen four-star and five-star prospects with a number of decisions from the visitors list expected in July.

WR Jordan Hudson, Garland
Unofficial visit
The five-star receiver is scheduled to be in Austin today after visiting SMU last weekend. The Mustangs are the team to beat with a potential need to remain extremely close to family a potential driving force more than football. With that said, will Hudson truly pass on playing for a blue blood for a group of 5? Ed Oliver had very strong connections to Houston with Corby Meekins accepting a job with the Cougars. After flirting with SMU to the point of being a lean at one point, Savion Byrd signed with Oklahoma in the 2021 cycle.

OG Earnest Greene, St. John Bosco (CA)
Unofficial visit
Ohio State is the team to beat over Alabama, USC, Oregon, Cal, Texas, Georgia and others. This is one of those “bonus” recruitments in that the Longhorns are in good spots with Cole Hutson and Connor Robertson, and still with Devon Campbell.

OG Devon Campbell, Arlington Bowie
Unofficial visit
The five-star offensive guard is coming off a terrific official visit to Oklahoma, so it was imperative the Texas staff got the 6-foot-3, 310-pound athletic and powerful guard on campus before the dead period since he won’t make an official visit until the fall. The consensus remains Campbell stays close to home at the end of the day.

DB Bryce Anderson, Beaumont West Brook
Official visit
In a four day span of elite talent spending time on campus in Austin, this is the most important visit. Texas absolutely must win this recruitment. This recruitment comes down to Steve Sarkisian vs. Jimbo Fisher, as Fisher has been pushing from a head coach perspective as much as possible. Anderson is a momentum creating prospect, that when he announces will have a part of his messaging as a top national prospect that decided to stay in his home state.

RB Jamarion Miller, Tyler Legacy
Official visit
Texas had never given up on getting the state’s top running back prospect on campus after falling from leader to outside looking in due to a negative push from someone close to Miller, but outside the family. If the Texas staff knocks this one out of the park this weekend, IT would not be surprised if Miller instantly became a heavy lean to the Longhorns once again. Texas A&M and Florida is the main competition with Alabama still targeting other backs from the Southeast Region such as Branson Robinson.

DL Justice Finkley, Hewitt-Trussville (AL)
Official visit
Make no mistake, the 6-foot-2, 255-pound defensive lineman is a wanted man by the Texas staff. This is one of the top defensive prospects on the board for Pete Kwiatkowski and Bo Davis. Finkley checks all the boxes of a prospect that could end up in Austin, and now it’s time for Texas to check all of Finkley and families boxes this weekend.

TE Arlis Boardingham, Birmingham (CA)
Official visit
Pound-for-pound, one of the more impressive athletes in the 2022 class. After taking a swing at Jaleel Skinner (Greer, SC), this is Jeff Banks most realistic target. Texas wants two have a strong presence out west, and IT believes this is the type of prospect that is signed from California and races past expectations to send a message to future prospects in California.

OT Cameron Williams, Duncanville
Official visit
Inside Texas believes that after the Texas staff finally sees Williams face-to-face, and spends time around the near 6-foot-6, 375-pound athlete that plays offensive line, he will move up the board and become a prospect that the staff battles for with Oklahoma, Oregon and Miami. Williams is schedule to announce a decision July 1.

DL Jaray Bledsoe, Marlin
Unofficial visit
IT has officially moved the 6-foot-4, 280-pounder from Bremond High to Marlin High. Bledsoe enrolled at Marlin to take summer school classes needed, and is currently expected to play at Marlin as a senior. Good news for Texas in that regard is Romance Taylor is on the Marlin coaching staff. This will be Bledsoe’s first visit in June, his first time at Texas and first time spent with a college staff; and that means the Texas staff will have the opportunity to make a lasting impression on Bledsoe and his family. For those wondering ,Texas would gladly sign Kristopher Ross and Bledsoe and be happy with the haul on the interior.

DB Jaylon Guilbeau, Port Arthur Memorial
Official visit
Guilbeau has TCU working for the flip with one person close thinking it’s 50-50 between the Longhorns and Horned Frogs headed into this weekend. Just how high is the Texas staff on the 6-foot-0, 180-pound defensive back? That question will be answered shortly.

DL Aaron Bryant, Southhaven (MS)
Official visit
Bryant is considered a lean to Georgia over Ole Miss, Texas A&M and Texas. The Longhorns will take a big swing this weekend with the 6-foot-4, near 310-pound defensive tackle.

DB Austin Jordan, Denton Ryan
Official visit
The versatile defensive back has the frame and speed blue bloods covet, but the tape hasn’t popped enough to be on the top of the boards.

LB T.J. Dudley, Montgomery Catholic (AL)
Official visit
Dudley is a prospect that the staff likes quite a bit, but behind Sebastian Cheeks and Jeremy Patton. Buts that can all change after meeting the 6-foot-1, 220-pounder. Oregon and UCF have hosted the athletic striker this month.

EDGE J’Mond Tapp, Ascension Catholic (LA)
Official visit
This is a recruitment that is a bit of mystery in terms of Texas legit chance, but many of the SEC players are involved. That means the competition is Florida, LSU, Georgia and possible Alabama.

EDGE Keahnist Thompson, Lakeland (FL)
Official visit
If Charlie Strong was leading this recruitment, Texas would be a lock. Headed into the weekend, UCF and Miami are the major players in this recruitment unless Florida or Auburn makes a big move for the 6-foot-3, nearing 260-pound defensive lineman.

DL K.J. Miles, St. Peter's Prep (NJ)
Official visit
The 6-foot-3, 290-pounder has made official visit Georgia Tech and Wisconsin the last two weekends. Things could change with the in person meeting and evaluation, but IT believes Texas has others higher on the board.

"Texas had never given up on getting the state’s top running back prospect on campus after falling from leader to outside looking in due to a negative push from someone close to Miller, but outside the family"

This quote from the Miller portion is interesting. Anyone care to connect the dots and name the negative pusher?

IT has officially moved the 6-foot-4, 280-pounder from Bremond High to Marlin High. Bledsoe enrolled at Marlin to take summer school classes needed, and is currently expected to play at Marlin as a senior. Good news for Texas in that regard is Romance Taylor is on the Marlin coaching staff. 

Good news for Bledsoe...

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 3

So Arizona State is totally fucked

https://sports.yahoo.com/yahoo-sports-exclusive-dossier-reveals-extent-of-ncaa-allegations-against-arizona-state-football-055252113.html

One item of note:

The dossier also includes a picture that’s alleged in the documents to be head coach Herm Edwards purportedly leading a top 100 recruit from the Class of 2022 around ASU’s weight room. Yahoo Sports could not independently verify the identity of the photo’s subjects, who have their backs to the camera.

If that is our soon to be Longhorn commit LTG (allegedly), does he get in trouble as part of this?  Or is he "innocent" and gets to do what he wants?

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This quote from the Miller portion is interesting. Anyone care to connect the dots and name the negative pusher?

Good news for Bledsoe...

Already connected the dots. The coach is buddies with Valai and pushing the “UT is racist” silliness. There’s other shit also playing a role, but the purposefully negative piece is coming from a coach who can go get fucked. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Zhorn96 said:

So Arizona State is totally fucked

https://sports.yahoo.com/yahoo-sports-exclusive-dossier-reveals-extent-of-ncaa-allegations-against-arizona-state-football-055252113.html

One item of note:

If that is our soon to be Longhorn commit LTG (allegedly), does he get in trouble as part of this?  Or is he "innocent" and gets to do what he wants?

Reading through that article, it says 2 things that semi-answer this question:

The volume of recruits named will give the NCAA the ability to offer immunity to the players and their families.

While NCAA investigations are notoriously slow and generally ineffective because of the lack of subpoena power, the enforcement staff will have the powerful tool of being able to leverage the eligibility of players for the truth.

Also, unrelated to LTG in this quote, but Herm Edwards must be a shitty boss if so many people are willing to sell them out:

Also, multiple former staff members have told Yahoo Sports that they are happy to cooperate with the NCAA, a rarity for an organization that often gets stonewalled by the code of silence many adopt in the sport.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Already connected the dots. The coach is buddies with Valai and pushing the “UT is racist” silliness. There’s other shit also playing a role, but the purposefully negative piece is coming from a coach who can go get fucked. 

I'm curious, but how does Alabama pull a racism card? Seems illogical given their history. 

• Hook 'Em 9

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

Reading through that article, it says 2 things that semi-answer this question:

The volume of recruits named will give the NCAA the ability to offer immunity to the players and their families.

While NCAA investigations are notoriously slow and generally ineffective because of the lack of subpoena power, the enforcement staff will have the powerful tool of being able to leverage the eligibility of players for the truth.

Also, unrelated to LTG in this quote, but Herm Edwards must be a shitty boss if so many people are willing to sell them out:

Also, multiple former staff members have told Yahoo Sports that they are happy to cooperate with the NCAA, a rarity for an organization that often gets stonewalled by the code of silence many adopt in the sport.

Pretty sure Pierce is the guy running the recruiting show, and it's been said in this thread he's a real "my way or get fucked" type.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zhorn96 said:

Last cycle I think Tristan Leigh got several schools in trouble, but nothing happened to him 

Oh, they're fucked fucked.

That includes screenshots of emails that show Regina Jackson, the mother of star quarterback Jayden Daniels, allegedly helping book more than $1,100 in flights for recruits and the adults accompanying them on a recruiting trip from Florida, according to the documents.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well we know what Valai is going to be pushing now during Denver Harris and Terrance Brooks official visits.

19 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

I'm curious, but how does Alabama pull a racism card? Seems illogical given their history. 

Maybe you missed the 'Eyes of Texas' debacle which opened up a fairly large can of negative recruiting opportunities. Logic has nothing to do with it. The only way to combat it is to win and keep winning.

Texas lucked out with Jamarion Miller in that Alabama is no longer prioritizing Miller to be in their class.

So Miller is worried about racism but leaning towards Aggy? Lol

Only last summer #RacismAtTAMUFeelsLike was literally trending nationally

Also what was Valai telling these kids last summer/fall when he was at UT and all this stuff was going on? No doubt he was downplaying it which totally undermines his credibility (shows he's willing to lie one way or another to get a recruit). 

31 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

It's amazing what you can turn a blind eye to when the team is routinely landing a lot of players in the league...

"Oh, that?  Yeah, that's long history.  Look over here at all these rings and multimillion dollar contracts"

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

So Miller is worried about racism but leaning towards Aggy? Lol

Only last summer #RacismAtTAMUFeelsLike was literally trending nationally

Also what was Valai telling these kids last summer/fall when he was at UT and all this stuff was going on? No doubt he was downplaying it which totally undermines his credibility (shows he's willing to lie one way or another to get a recruit). 

Did you see our last recruiting class? He was probably using the same pitch as now.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Also what was Valai telling these kids last summer/fall when he was at UT and all this stuff was going on? No doubt he was downplaying it which totally undermines his credibilit

Not to defend him, I mean fuck that guy, but I don't know what else you'd expect from any recruiter, really.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Let me get this straight. He is not going to select Texas because of racism but believes A&M is fine?  Holy crap I feel sorry for the kids who get such bullshit fed to them every day. 

34 minutes ago, randygilman said:

Sweet, my other favorite recruiting topic, racism. 

It istn going to work. I feel confident with Denver. 

Between cheese, racism and syphilis we've hit peak offseason before the quiet period even begins.

And Crowder's message is an embarrassment for an alumnus of the University of Texas.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

20 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Dewberry quote to Perroni followed by the usual.

10445370.jpeg

10445407.png

It's pretty amazing how blind they are to their own NFL development. They're ironically still living off the Sumlin era of draft picks. Aggy OLs drafted since Jimbo/Henson arrived:

2018: none

2019: 1 (2nd round)

2020: none

2021: 1 (4th round)

Over the same period, UT had 2 2nd rounders. More relevant, in the last two years alone, Flood had 2 1st rounders, 1 2nd, and a 6th.

41 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Between cheese, racism and syphilis we've hit peak offseason before the quiet period even begins.

And Crowder's message is an embarrassment for an alumnus of the University of Texas.

Just gonna leave wings entirely out of this recap?

3 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

It's amazing what you can turn a blind eye to when the team is routinely landing a lot of players in the league...

"Oh, that?  Yeah, that's long history.  Look over here at all these rings and multimillion dollar contracts"

Speaking of turning a blind eye lol. My wife and I were watching the women's college world series a few weeks back and Justin Fields sister plays for georgia haha. I read that Roach is surprised Hudson is visiting, said he thought that one was basically dead. sorry if that was already covered 

Has anyone else found that Twitter has stopped displaying user follows with the most recent first? It used to just be "most relevant" first on mobile, but now it's on desktop as well. 

Gets rid of one of the best ways to check which recruits/transfers our staff is in on.

2 hours ago, randygilman said:

Crowder's social media persona makesh im a major net negative for the program

Yeah, I need to apologize to everyone on the derailment of this thread. While I was aware of the Tuskegee experimenting (super fucked up), I mainly wanted to call attention to his asinine take as it relates to the COVID vaccine. Especially since now it seems like he’s tripled down on the anti vax take.

25 minutes ago, Fug said:

Yeah, I need to apologize to everyone on the derailment of this thread. While I was aware of the Tuskegee experimenting (super fucked up), I mainly wanted to call attention to his asinine take as it relates to the COVID vaccine. Especially since now it seems like he’s tripled down on the anti vax take.

The horror of someone not thinking like you, what are we to do...

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting