Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

11 hours ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

https://twitter.com/turnUplevee/status/1425990409235451904?s=20

This puts Bama back in the market for a Rb. Wonder if this puts Miller back up in the air. Can't imagine they would want Blue with all the drama attached. 

edit: Le'Veon Moss has opened up back up his recruitment. Looks like I failed to get the tweet itself in and only the link. Oh well

Aggy pool party attendee. #bagged

8 minutes ago, ousux said:
19 minutes ago, closetohumping said:
They brought in a couple of ringers:

qj1pAsgx3gG7EHc6qzNB9XPyrDd2gKs8CoiIgynma6F7UOJBue5XD3xmEgnXKXbs6TXj2wkaLbgPWpdnveYk-jC0U3f-vzueSuzJSdxJO6s

Every time I see this pic I can't decide which one is truly more epic. Old ball coach certainly has the 70's Hawaiian tourist thing nailed, but RC's farmer hat and jort game is strong to quite strong..

Elastic waist, acid washed jorts mind you 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

So it appears Aggy has now paid 2 guys to decommit from UGA (one from GA), one LA kid to decommit from LSU, and now someone to decommit from Bama. SEC old guard has to crack back on them at some point, right? They're entering Hugh Freeze / Pruitt territory quickly..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

So it appears Aggy has now paid 2 guys to decommit from UGA (one from GA), one LA kid to decommit from LSU, and now someone to decommit from Bama. SEC old guard has to crack back on them at some point, right? They're entering Hugh Freeze / Pruitt territory quickly..

C482F16B-FD8E-4300-9023-072E7272B904.png

22 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

This is what I'm thinking. But, maybe they have a lot of dirt on those schools to keep them quiet (mutually assured destruction). And maybe the NCAA has no teeth now and can't crack down on anyone. Otherwise, pissing off the old guard of the SEC is a problem for A&M.

Just now, Bevo said:

This is what I'm thinking. But, maybe they have a lot of dirt on those schools to keep them quiet (mutually assured destruction). And maybe the NCAA has no teeth now and can't crack down on anyone. Otherwise, pissing off the old guard of the SEC is a problem for A&M.

They also just likely pissed off the old guard with the Texas/OU stuff.

The other dynamic is that their position in the SEC becomes way less important once UT joins. Instead of A&M's success carrying the Texas market, the SEC will now have UT to bolster that market presence. In other words, the SEC had a lot to gain from A&M being good and drawing attention. Once UT joins, they're way less important because that market will be locked up regardless (even if we suck too).

2 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

The same sort of demented hazing of the few Ags that post here, who have shown to be independent-minded... it just gets old after a while. I stopped posting here because of the same stupid comebacks by these people. Give some fresh conversation, I'm here. Otherwise I'm mostly happy to read the put downs among themselves and the (off late) rarer updates on A&M recruiting... (Satya and some others used to be really good with bringing the free stuff from the 9.95ers but haven't been as active recently).

This place is generally easy on you guys, but we will argue the fuck out of any point, even between one another. We want honest discussion, so just smearing coaches or players because they are at Texas doesn't cut it. This isn't texags. We don't ban people for being aggies, but you're still guests here.

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

wtf in the full interview he says his decision is based on Books and Ball, then says Colorado is on one end of the spectrum (great books, a little ball), UT in the middle "perfect tweener" and Bama more Ball. Since when is Colorado a better school than Texas??

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

wtf in the full interview he says his decision is based on Books and Ball, then says Colorado is on one end of the spectrum (great books, a little ball), UT in the middle "perfect tweener" and Bama more Ball. Since when is Colorado a better school than Texas??

It’s more of a shot at Colorado for not being very much ball than an academics vs Texas. You’re overthinking 

2 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

The same sort of demented hazing of the few Ags that post here, who have shown to be independent-minded... it just gets old after a while. I stopped posting here because of the same stupid comebacks by these people. Give some fresh conversation, I'm here. Otherwise I'm mostly happy to read the put downs among themselves and the (off late) rarer updates on A&M recruiting... (Satya and some others used to be really good with bringing the free stuff from the 9.95ers but haven't been as active recently).

I just come here time to time for free content from the 9.95ers, but with Machinator and Satya giving up on us, we don't get much of that any more. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Oh yeah, Colorado has the best books, and even better paper

tumblr_mlharm5W5A1qedb29o1_500.gif.6c9f82e8d1b0d66aef8505891baa1478.gif

Edited by TotallyLegit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Roach last night on Finkley.

"Last week there was some social media buzz with four-star Hewitt (AL.) Trussville defensive lineman Justice Finkley as several commits tweeted at him. I checked in with some sources to see if there was anything of note there. I was told that Finkley and the staff had some very productive conversations, but nothing appears imminent at this time. I still think that Alabama will be a major factor in that race, but Texas was able to make a big impression on his parents when he visited in the summer."

4 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

The bolded portions are unadulterated fake news.

Also why the fuck would you come to a Longhorns message board for updates on aggy recruiting?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

I mean if your other choices were TexAgs or gigem247, what would you do?

Which begs the greater question that if those two are your choices, you've chosen poorly in life. Showing up on Surly and trying to portray oneself as a "free independent" thinker makes it even more comical. 

There's been some discussion of one of our OL commits playing tackle.  But if you go by current classification, of the 15 OT prospects we've offered, there are only 4 who are listed as uncommitted.

- 2 5-stars (Rice, Conerly)

- Dewberry

- Agbo

Are they planning on a bunch of in-season offers?  Hope Flood makes some magic happen.

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Weird but pretty sure this just means Flood missed the tweet the first time around..

If so, that dude has been reading twitter for 36 hours straight to stumble upon this one tweet from over a month ago.... or he's digging through a specific player's twitter feed.

19 minutes ago, LonghornLurker said:

What the fuck is this shit? Guests here?

Nah. If you’re an aggy spreading your dumb shit on a Texas board, fuck you, fuck your wife, fuck your mom, fuck your dog, fuck your shitty college town, fuck your cheating football coach, fuck your unattractive women, fuck your gay-ass male cheerleaders, fuck your dead-end job, and go fuck yourself and get the fuck out of here. I’m talking to you, PHL. 

Guess the above poster is lurking no more.

That Escalated Quickly GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

They also just likely pissed off the old guard with the Texas/OU stuff.

The other dynamic is that their position in the SEC becomes way less important once UT joins. Instead of A&M's success carrying the Texas market, the SEC will now have UT to bolster that market presence. In other words, the SEC had a lot to gain from A&M being good and drawing attention. Once UT joins, they're way less important because that market will be locked up regardless (even if we suck too).

The truth is, Jimbo is making a tactical shift to more aggressive bag game. They are losing their competitive differentiator and without blatantly paying players, they really have no selling points over an oklahoma or Texas. If they can go big now and keep the winning going, then they will be able to point to their record the last couple of years and use that against us in recruiting since we will still be an unknown for a year or two.

• Hook 'Em 6

Everyone south of the picketl wire knows Dumbo is just a very likeable guy and collle station is one of the most friendliest places on this earth. No need to talk about bags or dirty recruiting when young 18 year olds can admire all the hardware in the Hall of Champions. One trip to Dixie Chicken will be enough to convince any recruit to reopen his commitment to another school and consider the Harvard of the Brazos :). 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Everyone south of the picketl wire knows Dumbo is just a very likeable guy and collle station is one of the most friendliest places on this earth. No need to talk about bags or dirty recruiting when young 18 year olds can admire all the hardware in the Hall of Champions. One trip to Dixie Chicken will be enough to convince any recruit to reopen his commitment to another school and consider the Harvard of the Brazos :). 

Read that as "Harvard of the Brazzers" at first. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, LonghornLurker said:

Nah. If you’re an aggy spreading your dumb shit on a Texas board, fuck you, fuck your wife, fuck your mom, fuck your dog, fuck your shitty college town, fuck your cheating football coach, fuck your unattractive women, fuck your gay-ass male cheerleaders, fuck your dead-end job, and go fuck yourself and get the fuck out of here. I’m talking to you, PHL. 

Also fuck those sharp little tortilla chips that get stuck under your tongue.

1 hour ago, LonghornLurker said:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LonghornLurker said:

Ugly Kid Joe - America's Least Wanted - Amazon.com Music

13 hours ago, texifornia said:

Last year was much worse.

Eh, I guess? 2014-2015 felt like Charlie was in over his head, we weren't getting anyone, and A&M had all the momentum. Seems that way right now to me (at least on the crootin' front). Realize that Sark is facing some headwinds Charlie wasn't but we have this staff of ex Bama bag men and can't get anyone to visit.

• Fuck You 3

Just now, jordanaggie said:

How would I know? I've been calling for his head for over a year. Can only assume he would try to bring Jimbo down with him if he is fired.

I’m not doubting you, just mind bottled.  I’ve never seen his coaching attributes mentioned anywhere (here, numbers, txag, rant). Literally every post is about his ability to bag drop, and been that way for years now.  

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I’m not doubting you, just mind bottled.  I’ve never seen his coaching attributes mentioned anywhere (here, numbers, txag, rant). Literally every post is about his ability to bag drop, and been that way for years now.  

If he is dropping bags, he needs to get better at it because his recruiting has been lousy. By far the weakest link on the staff, imo, and I'm not even sure what Dickey does.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting