Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

This is such nonsense. When you’re not winning, literally anything can be negatively recruited.

Homelessness is really only shocking to super suburban kids. It’s one of those things other schools can pile on when things are already going bad. That whole article doesn’t exist if we finished in the top 10 last year. 

Negged to get you back to 666. Sorry bro.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

The Saban “I coach the DB’s” bullshit will continue until Texas does something to stop it. LSU fan has been crying about it for the better part of a decade. 

Hope/pray, depending on your religious affiliation, for a massive/ non- lethal heart attack that forces that little bastard into retirement. 
I dont want our first win over bama as part of the SEC to have anyone else on the sideline So no, cant get onboard with that just yet.
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

Well this is going to start to actually suck extra hard. Because at least when a recruit used picked Bama we didn't have to play them and they would get to piss in A&M cheerios. Now every recruit we lose to Bama, LSU etc is one more recruit we will have to line up against. 

Yea, we should hope for every recruit we don't get to sign with Rutgers, Illinois, or Sub-Utah State. It's really something we should worry about and direct our rooting, thoughts, and prayers to.

I only worry about shit like where they other than Texas when they go to A&M or OU which are our main competitors for Texas recruits. When they beat us for recruits, it could (could) be an indicator of our standing with recruits. Beyond that, I don't care if we have to play them.

Bama and Ohio State have earned prestige. They'll get recruits.

I don't like fretting.

If we recruit in the top five, it comes down to other aspects of the program. We need to return to top five recruiting.  Period.

This.  Anyone who has ever been around a decent number of aggy folk has heard a lot of Austin bashing.  Plenty of them work that into completely unrelated conversations with coworkers and strangers they meet, so I’m sure it’s turned up to 11 for actual negative recruiting. 
Having said that, the homeless situation really is a blight on Austin.  I know plenty of people in the last couple of years who have basically done the same trip the recruits and families get when they visit - stay at the Four Seasons, tour around downtown, Town Lake, and the campus - and most are disappointed because of the scope of the homeless problem, frankly.  It’s pretty unexpected and offputting for anyone from a different part of Texas who doesn’t go to Austin frequently.  
Maybe we can turn our Surly NIL / recruiting boost efforts to getting the homeless off the streets.  You know, for the greater good … of getting to the playoffs.   Once we’re winning 11 games a year and have recruiting up and running we can let them go back to shanking people outside Eddie V’s, but damnit, we got to clean that shit up until then.
I live in a highrise Condo in downtown Fort Worth...the city solved the problem by banning panhandling near anywhere money changes hands. That means banks, ATM's, even restaurants and shops. That doesnt mean you'll never come in contact with the odd homeless person here and there...but there are no hordes of aggressive hobos like you'll find in LA, Seattle, San Fran or even Austin these days to some degree.

Does it really solve the homeless problem? No, but you also don't worry about your wife, gf, mother etc walking around in Sundance Square for a day of shopping and dining. That may sound heartless, but getting $20-30 of pocket change each day (from the few people who still carry cash) isnt going to help someone find a job and housing..issue is much bigger than that.
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, George Clooney said:

College Station just looks like Katy or Cypress with a huge university as its focal point. Most good recruits live in suburbs so they probably find it to be comfortable and familiar

This is dead nuts. Most people remember and love the Austin of old. Times have changed, people have changed. Families are moving to the burbs to get away from the big city life. A lot of these kids don't see these big cities and probably don't like it honestly. Kids from California are used to it. Parents here in Texas probably think Austin is too liberal for their kids and those thoughts might rub off on those kids.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

This is dead nuts. Most people remember and love the Austin of old. Times have changed, people have changed. Families are moving to the burbs to get away from the big city life. A lot of these kids don't see these big cities and probably don't like it honestly. Kids from California are used to it. Parents here in Texas probably think Austin is too liberal for their kids and those thoughts might rub off on those kids.

Just because we start to get boring and suck as we get older doesn’t mean 18-22 year olds have to. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longhornlove said:

Has anyone actually looked at a list cities with NFL franchises? How many of them are located in “conservative” cities with populations of 250k or less? 

If a kid ever hopes to play in “the League,” they better start convincing people they have the maturity to live in a modern U.S. city. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Longhornlove said:

lol

5 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Tell me how in the Mississippi fuck a recruit can spend most his days in the facility yet be simultaneously turned off by the homeless around the city?

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952125b2dd625373d320

It's not the homeless around town, it's the ones inside the facility. Get it right.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Dumb.

• Hook 'Em 3

Humidor

Recruiting Matters

On300 five-star Harold Perkins (Cy Park) played the first series on offense and defense in the Cy Park's scrimmage against Tomball last night. Perkins looks terrific physically, carrying close to 215 very well proportioned pounds. Following the scrimmage, On3 caught up with Perkins to get the latest on his recruitment.

What would the chances of Perkins playing for someone other than the SEC be?

"It's zero," Said Perkins.

That means Texas has to get to the SEC in 2022 to have a shot, and Perkins will have to know that well ahead of the first week in January when he plans to announce his decision.

"I loved my visit to Texas. Loved everything about it. But I told the coaches that I didn't want to play in the Big 12. Other than Oklahoma, you don't play anyone in the Big 12,” said the five-star.

And that is where the opinion is for many of the top football prospects in the state of Texas. Whether people agree with it or not, all that matters is the mindset of top prospects.

That means Texas A&M, LSU, Florida and Alabama currently have the best chance to land Perkins. Texas becomes a real threat if the move in 2022 is announced during the season.

If true, this guy is a fucking idiot.

215 lb well proportioned Harold can go play for Miss St

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

The Fuck GIF by memecandy

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

9 minutes ago, BigSwingingD said:

Austin isn't the issue.

Obviously it isn't "the" issue, as that's been blown out of proportion. I will say I can see it having become less of the draw it once was, though, and I get that. Still > Collie Station.

Agree or disagree with any of that, it's the exact type of place you want your university sitting in the middle of when it comes to NIL, which makes the [-]progress on that front even more frustrating.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Obviously it isn't "the" issue, as that's been blown out of proportion. I will say I can see it having become less of the draw it once was, though, and I get that. Still > Collie Station.

Agree or disagree with any of that, it's the exact type of place you want your university sitting in the middle of when it comes to NIL, which makes the [-]progress on that front even more frustrating.

Our Administration has been very good at making sure we experience all the downsides without hardly any of the upsides of any situation we’ve been in for the last ten years. I think Hartzell and Eltife will change that, but there’s a lot of deeply ingrained bureaucracy and bullshit they have to wade through. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

This is the take I got from that piece. Austin may not be the advantage it was 20+ years ago to many of the recruits and/or their parents. Still > BCS, but it can be a bit overwhelming/overcrowded with more blight than it once had…in spite of the sparkly new skyline.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting