Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

247's experience is saddled with technological debt. It would take a large investment to overhaul it from where it is right now, and I doubt that happens without some real conviction by ownership that they need to do it in order to catch On3.

"Catch On3?" you say? Yeah. They're going to have their own composite rankings. They're going to rank schools and players by social media clout. They're going to have big data analytics driving their views on their own rankings, along with scouts who review the film. They're going to be offering MPH from game tapes on HS recruits, which will probably cause many of you dorks to lose your shit in evaluation nirvana if they're going to be making that kind of info public.

I smell an angel investor. 

God damn - I won't allow myself to believe we could bring all those guys back for 2022.  Unreal.
Barring some sort of setback, Coburn is gone after this year, but Ojomo came to play school. If Sweat has a monster year he could make the leap with Coburn
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

247's experience is saddled with technological debt. It would take a large investment to overhaul it from where it is right now, and I doubt that happens without some real conviction by ownership that they need to do it in order to catch On3.

"Catch On3?" you say? Yeah. They're going to have their own composite rankings. They're going to rank schools and players by social media clout. They're going to have big data analytics driving their views on their own rankings, along with scouts who review the film. They're going to be offering MPH from game tapes on HS recruits, which will probably cause many of you dorks to lose your shit in evaluation nirvana if they're going to be making that kind of info public.

i am excited. either 247 and everyone else is going to get better or they are going to get left in the dust.

1 minute ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

If Bledsoe signs and makes it in watch out. I forever cannot understand why this board gets so hyped up on skill/pretty position players when we all know the trenches win games. 

Well, they both win games, otherwise you're Wisconsin South and never quite getting over the hump. And skill position highlights are more fun.

But the point is noted.

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Have you not been watching us melt the fuck down every time an OL ends up at Oregon?

I'm an optimist by nature. This team has talent. It sure as hell has the talent to go 5-0 to start the season. A lot of our loses last season were on the coaching staff. If 5-0 happens banks and others will be reconsidering. 

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

i am excited. either 247 and everyone else is going to get better or they are going to get left in the dust.

247 cannot pivot culturally or contractually. The CBS/Viacom merger has basically cemented the CBS Sports web presence (excluding streaming) and intertwined tertiary content as a monolith misaligned with the rest of the portfolio. These brands are the last bastion of digital, non-video focused content rolling up to ViacomCBS and you can bet that won't last long. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

247 cannot pivot culturally or contractually. The CBS/Viacom merger has basically cemented the CBS Sports web presence (excluding streaming) and intertwined tertiary content as a monolith misaligned with the rest of the portfolio. These brands are the last bastion of digital, non-video focused content rolling up to ViacomCBS and you can bet that won't last long. 

I have no idea what any of this means but pos rep for saying it so confidently...

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Wells

Spoiler

Inside Texas touches base with of out-of-state pledges Anthony Jones and Eoghan Kerry, plus the latest from 2023 target Jaden Greathouse. Enjoy the evening news.

LB Anthony Jones, Liberty (Las Vegas, NV) (TEXAS) - 2022:

The UT pledge started his season strong.

Defeating Arbor View 42-14 last week, the 6-foot-5, 242-pounder was a force on both sides of the ball for the Patriots. He had 28 yards receiving on four grabs and one touchdown on offense while adding eight tackles and a sack on the defensive side of the ball.

Jones, who holds 10 offers including Oregon, Miami, and Washington, has his eyes on Texas this fall and definitely wants to catch a home game in Austin.

“Yes, I’ll be out there for a game for sure,” said Jones. “I was going to go to the Texas-OU game but it won’t be at DKR. I think I’m going to go to a game that’s at DKR.”

The new renovations to Darrell K Royal -Texas Memorial Stadium are something recruits want to see and this season will be the grand unveiling.

Jones says he still hears from a few schools, but has no intentions of taking any other visits.

LB Eoghan Kerry, Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) (TEXAS) - 2022:

This West Coast-raised UT commit is headed back to DFW for a matchup of perennial powers when his Mater Dei squad takes on Duncanville on Friday.

“We’re practicing in Santa Ana tomorrow morning and hitting an afternoon flight to Dallas/Fort Worth," said Kerry.

He's excited, to say the least. He's bringing a stacked Mater Dei team that includes CB Domani Jackson, RB Raleek Brown, and WR CJ Williams.

The 6-foot-3, 225-pound three-star linebacker committed to UT earlier this month and hasn't looked back since. Kerry collected 11 offers including Florida State, UCLA, Colorado, and Utah, before ultimately picking Texas.

His family "brainwashing" him with Texas Longhorns fandom helped usher him to his Horns pledge. With family in Southlake and throughout the region, Kerry is no stranger to the Lone Star State. He did, however, like a certain quarterback years ago.

“I was a big Brady Quinn fan at Notre Dame in early 2000s,” said Kerry. But now, it's burnt orange over Touchdown Jesus.

Kerry will make it back to Austin for a game this fall, as he's looking at October dates.

TE Jaden Greathouse, Westlake (Austin, TX) - 2023:

The 6-foot-2, 206-pound target for Clemson verbal Cade Klubnik, Greathouse is used to winning and playing with college-level players.

After being named District 25-6A Co-Offensive Newcomer of the Year as a freshman in 2019, he added MaxPreps sophomore All-America honors after helping Westlake win the 6A-DI title in 2020.

"Giving God all my blessings, I've grown up with this senior class and always played up with them in 7-on-7, and I know them all super well," said Greathouse. "They're all brothers to me and we have a great chemistry on and off the field. I'm just happy to be here and helping make plays for them."

Greathouse holds five offers including Texas, OU, Penn State, and Arkansas. His two-year totals going into his junior season are equally impressive, notching 1,860 yards on 116 catches, and 23 touchdowns for the Chaparrals.

"During June, I went to three camps," Greathouse said. "Alabama, Oklahoma, and Texas. But I'm just focused on winning that third straight championship and performing for my boys. All three are amazing schools, and I love to visit the campuses."

Texas stays in touch and reminds Greathouse he's wanted.

"I talk to the receiver coach mainly," said Greathouse. "(Texas) is just an amazing school and am excited to see what the new coaching staff is going to bring there this upcoming season. I have high hopes for them."

He’s set to attend UT’s first game of the season on September 4th versus Louisiana. But this guy is solely focused on bringing it his junior season at Westlake.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

seeing how they handled some of the properties that they sold to Red Ventures as part of the CBSi divesture showed you all you needed to know about them.

overall, CBSi had huge culture issues, and the brain drain from their CBSi properties over the last 5 years was HUGE.

across the board i am excited about on3

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So aggy Rivals said this about Brennan Thompson:

"So A&M can offer playing time and development against the very best, right off the bat. That differentiates them from the other two programs still in it." - Mark Passwaters

So once we go public with whatever the plan is to start playing in the SEC next year, that whole thing goes kaput.

Also lol at the idea of Jimbo playing a talented WR early.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So aggy Rivals said this about Brennan Thompson:

"So A&M can offer playing time and development against the very best, right off the bat. That differentiates them from the other two programs still in it." - Mark Passwaters

Who wouldn't want to follow in the footsteps of Demond Demas and Dylan Wright?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting