Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

When does aggy say they backed off him for other priorities 

YARN | those guys are fags!! | Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) | Video  gifs by quotes | f1022d6f | ç´—

2 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

Went to school  with his dad. He has 2 brothers currently in the NFL. Dad bb played ball at Utah. Great guy. Hope we get him. 

Are you a Ute?

my cousin vinny the two utes | My cousin vinny quotes, Favorite movie  quotes, Movie quotes

1 hour ago, Da Fino said:

Fuck yes. Now go flip Cheeks.

Nastya Twerking Skills GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 minute ago, SarksJuggs said:

If Evan Stewart commits I’ll run down the street naked 

Please Don't GIFs | Tenor

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Don Hornleone said:

If you had your choice of a 22’ commitment in the next 24 hrs, one that we’re currently seriously after, whom would it be? Mine would be Campbell.

…..don’t say Everhart 

…….don’t say Everhart 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Getafix said:

image.thumb.png.ae282a6824a1062f286f78ad5903b1d2.png

Garrett McClintock is supposed to be a BYU insider. How come he doesn't have any other CBs? Maybe he is new to 247? His prediction on Lander Barton is the first prediction he's made (maybe it's for the '22 recruiting class?).

Maybe he might have some connections to the Texas program considering Sarkisian played QB at BYU.

Roach

Spoiler

—Texas landed a big commitment tonight in the form of Brenen Thompson. Horns247 had you covered from front to back on that story. Can Texas make it two for two on big commitments this week? Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy tight end Jaleel Skinner will announce his decision on Friday. How big of a commitment would that be for Texas? If the Longhorns land Skinner, they would move to the No. 1 overall class in the nation. Where are things as of tonight? A source I spoke to with knowledge of the recruitment told me they were having a tough time getting a true read on things. I tend to lean toward Alabama still in this situation, but a different source I spoke with told me that this could come down to the wire. From what I know, no school has been told anything for sure, and Jeff Banks is working hard to make the most of things for Texas. We will keep our ear to the ground over the next 48 hours to see which way this goes.

—Texas wasted no time trying to build on momentum from Thompson’s commitment. The staff hit the phones hard talking to several of their biggest targets. One of those targets was Frisco Liberty wide receiver Evan Stewart who had a lengthy conversation with the staff tonight. As you may have seen on twitter, the hashtag #EvanStewartToAustin is hot tonight on social media. Not only did the staff pour it on, but several commits have reached out to him. Maalik Murphy is planning to call Stewart tomorrow to put the extra press on him. Stewart is attending this weekend’s game, and I think Texas will look to get aggressive in closing him should they win on Saturday.

—I spent some time with 2024 quarterback Dylan Raiola this evening at his practice. It’s still early, but I think Texas stands in a fantastic position for him at this point. In talking with Raiola and his father, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them narrow the scope of this recruitment to four or five schools they are serious about before doing as much work as they can looking into them. I can tell you right now they absolutely love Sark and AJ Milwee, and a big part of that is the feedback Raiola has heard through NFL connections. I’ll go into a lot more detail at a different time, but this is shaping up to be a good recruitment for Texas now that they are in the game with an offer.

• Hook 'Em 6

When was the last time Dan Mullen ever closed strong on a recruiting class?

Separately, there are currently 3 teams that fundamentally believe they’ve got the yes from Skinner, btw. Never count out Saban, but Bama already has two TE commits. Never bet against Brewster but he always thinks he’s getting everybody. Is Banks going as big as anyone could hope on this one? I guess we’re going to find out. 

• Hook 'Em 8

41 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Yes, and as the one who posted that commitment I call dibs on the recommitment even if that means y’all wait till my old ass wakes up tomorrow please and thank you. 

I'd think we'd want someone else to post it. The only commitment I ever posted decommitted. As a good Longhorn I have therefore never posted another. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

When was the last time Dan Mullen ever closed strong on a recruiting class?

Separately, there are currently 3 teams that fundamentally believe they’ve got the yes from Skinner, btw. Never count out Saban, but Bama already has two TE commits. Never bet against Brewster but he always thinks he’s getting everybody. Is Banks going as big as anyone could hope on this one? I guess we’re going to find out. 

Banks would be. A bigger yes and surprise than skinner at this point t. 

21 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Banks the recruiter of Skinner

Man, add that tight end and Stewart to the class, and we might be almost SEC-ready. Of course, it will take a few years of toughening up to get to the level of A&M, but that's just the way it is.

We could have a receiving corps on par with anyone. Brilliant running backs and young QBs getting more experience.

Let's go ahead and beat OU and win the conference this year.

• Haha 6

57 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Man, add that tight end and Stewart to the class, and we might be almost SEC-ready. Of course, it will take a few years of toughening up to get to the level of A&M, but that's just the way it is.

We could have a receiving corps on par with anyone. Brilliant running backs and young QBs getting more experience.

Let's go ahead and beat OU and win the conference this year.

Didn’t you know that Aggie has a 10 yr head start.  We’ll never catch those sly bastards.  I’m thinking like an Aggie now bear with me.  If Texas wins the secsec before colley it’s because the league was so watered down by adding Texas & OU.   Aggie logic is both mysterious and perfectly simple. 

Edited by stork642
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Laga4 said:

Agree,  don't really know a lot about him but seems like a great fit. 

Also, like your take about being a good fit.  Get him on campus and know where to play him.  

He was here a couple weeks ago with his parents, either for tech or rice.

re-reads quoted post:  oh you mean get him enrolled my bad, yeah exactly. 

Edited by jdhorn92

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting