Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Four-star wide receiver Matthew Golden (Klein, Texas/Cain) is scheduled to make an unofficial visit to Texas November 26. 

The No. 231 ranked prospect in the On3 Consensus picked up an offer from the Longhorns November 2. Since that call from Steve Sarkisian, he has maintained contact with the Texas staff. 

“I’m going to Texas for a visit in two weeks,” Golden told On3. “Their game against Kansas State. Coach Sark FaceTimed me Wednesday, and Coach Coleman hit me up today.”

The hurdle for Texas getting the 6-foot-0, 180-pound playmaker on campus will be Klein Cain’s playoff game Friday night. Cain takes on Spring High with the winner advancing to the third round of the 6A DI Region II playoffs. 

The Longhorns tried to get Golden on campus last weekend, but he made a visit to Baylor for the Bears huge win over Oklahoma. The No. 71 ranked prospect in the On300 made the trip with his mother. 

“It was good. I liked the game. I’ve been talking to Coach Dave Aranda every day. He just told me how much he liked my game. I talk to a lot of Baylor coaches every day.” 

The Bears and Longhorns face serious competition from LSU and Houston. The Tigers offered November 4, and Golden plans to make a visit. 

“I’m planning to visit LSU. I’m waiting until their new head coach gets in. I talk to their staff every day.” 

Malcolm Kelly being retained by the new TCU head coach will be a determining factor for the Horned Frogs remote chances.

“Right now, TCU is out of it. It depends on who the new coach is, and if any of the coaches are still there. It’s relationships. Coach Kelly staying would keep TCU under consideration.” 

Golden plans to make a decision and sign in December. 

Golden attends the same school as Texas running back commitment Jaydon Blue(Klein, Texas/Cain).

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Four-star wide receiver Matthew Golden (Klein, Texas/Cain) is scheduled to make an unofficial visit to Texas November 26. 

The No. 231 ranked prospect in the On3 Consensus picked up an offer from the Longhorns November 2. Since that call from Steve Sarkisian, he has maintained contact with the Texas staff. 

“I’m going to Texas for a visit in two weeks,” Golden told On3. “Their game against Kansas State. Coach Sark FaceTimed me Wednesday, and Coach Coleman hit me up today.”

The hurdle for Texas getting the 6-foot-0, 180-pound playmaker on campus will be Klein Cain’s playoff game Friday night. Cain takes on Spring High with the winner advancing to the third round of the 6A DI Region II playoffs. 

The Longhorns tried to get Golden on campus last weekend, but he made a visit to Baylor for the Bears huge win over Oklahoma. The No. 71 ranked prospect in the On300 made the trip with his mother. 

“It was good. I liked the game. I’ve been talking to Coach Dave Aranda every day. He just told me how much he liked my game. I talk to a lot of Baylor coaches every day.” 

The Bears and Longhorns face serious competition from LSU and Houston. The Tigers offered November 4, and Golden plans to make a visit. 

“I’m planning to visit LSU. I’m waiting until their new head coach gets in. I talk to their staff every day.” 

Malcolm Kelly being retained by the new TCU head coach will be a determining factor for the Horned Frogs remote chances.

“Right now, TCU is out of it. It depends on who the new coach is, and if any of the coaches are still there. It’s relationships. Coach Kelly staying would keep TCU under consideration.” 

Golden plans to make a decision and sign in December. 

Golden attends the same school as Texas running back commitment Jaydon Blue(Klein, Texas/Cain).

Gerry Hamilton loves this kid. Ran a 10.9 100m in the spring.

(the kid, not Gerry)

Edited by satyanash
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It just hit me, I actually think Hudson Card could really help the program if he sticks around for 2022. The WR room is pretty barren and he's allegedly got really excellent (albeit frighteningly small) hands.

So, does the NIL deal stick if he gets moved to WR?

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Defending Hudson Card at this point reminds me of the clowns who defend Shaka Smart until the day he took the Marquette job. If Sarkisian can't engineer the guy into looking at least serviceable, no one can. Dude is a Show Team Hero if there ever was one.

Your takes are just as bad as your “insider information”.

Edited by Horns56
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

(Bobby Burton) Friday: The Season

The Longhorns’ regular season is drawing to a close. After an encouraging 4-1 start, the Horns have been in a free fall ever since and now sit at 4-6, with the most recent loss at home to Kansas. Sure the Longhorns finish the season with a home contest against Kansas State next week. But tomorrow, I think we find out if Texas is going out of this season with a whimper, or if maybe some of the fight we saw in the second half against KU translates to something similar in Morgantown.

I’m divided on what will occur tomorrow. On one hand, I felt like we witnessed parts of the Texas offense improve against KU. Casey Thompson looked better. Marcus Washington looked more like a solid no. 2 receiver. The offensive line had no glaring problems. Yet we have to take into account that KU is a bad defense. And West Virginia is a good defense; it’s the strength of their team.

Even the Texas defense showed some life in the second half against KU, forcing multiple three and outs with the game in the balance. But again, that was against a Kansas team that ranked in the 100s in total offense and was down to their third-string QB. West Virginia may push Texas just a bit harder with better personnel at receiver and a veteran quarterback. Then there’s the “road” component to consider. Texas has won just one road game this year - at TCU - and Amon Carter Stadium is nowhere near the hostile atmosphere of West Virginia.

The bottom line is this: Texas has a chance to put its foot in the ground on Saturday, to stand up and show that they’ve learned what it takes to be a better team, the kind of ceaseless effort they showed in the second half against Kansas. I feel like Texas will give a good effort on Saturday. I’m just not sure if it will be enough, not against a more talented defense and away from home.

10 hours ago, Horns56 said:

Your takes are just as bad as your “insider information”.

Check out this rube’s posting history. It consists of talking major shit about Casey Thompson and then showing up here to sob at me for mocking the absolute shittiness of the choking dog Hudson Card. I’m assuming it’s his dad. 

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Check out this rube’s posting history. It consists of talking major shit about Casey Thompson and then showing up here to sob at me for mocking the absolute shittiness of the choking dog Hudson Card. I’m assuming it’s his dad. 

Couldn’t be, at this point even his dad knows he sucks.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

It's actually this woman, flying in from the back...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I think nick was referring to rash of injuries at RB

Stop the top BRob, Williams and Sanders all played in the last game. Bama tried to move him to WR. This is Saban telling stories to kids on his roster to make them think twice about transferring. 

B Robinson- Missed 1 game in the 4th week vs Southern Miss

R Williams- 2nd leading carrier missed the Florida game

T Sanders- Missed Florida and Southern Miss

McClellan has missed the last 4. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting