Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

11 minutes ago, RichUT said:

They can sustain, but NIL will remove any sort of competitive advantage they might have long term. Once all your big programs figure out their strategy, players will be well compensated across a majority of P5 schools and that’s no longer a variable they can over drive to steer players their way.

Perhaps that’s why they have been so generous this cycle. They know the window is closing.

The big programs are using their strategy. Except A&M is blowing the top off the market rates. 

As @Barbacoa said….cash is king pretty much. 

3 minutes ago, Scott 2002 said:

Long time reader first time poster after a great day.  I echo thoughts on thanks for everyone who has helped with NIL on here.  

Sark clearly thinks we are getting another early enrollee in next 48 hours with how he answered question in press conference. The way he said we currently have 12 mid year enrollees and that number could go up in next 48 hours was way more specific then just hoping Denver Harris signs with us Friday.  

Kendrick Law is also an early enrollee.

3 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Some of you might have missed me, some of you most likely didn't. Been traveling for work and impossible to keep up but I thought I would share some more Nata since she has been good luck since her arrival on this board. I'm smitten.

image.thumb.png.02cdf6e6b9d63c65c7eea33a9575ae2f.png

That tattoo is tacky like a bumper sticker on a Ferrari.

• Hook 'Em 6

9 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

So, not to change the subject...

But changing the subject, I just want to mention that I have been getting on the treadmill kick lately.

And, that means I needed to find running shoes that actually work well with MY feet.

And Amazon has a "try before you buy" program that doesn't require Chinese purchased stuff.
I ordered six pairs of shoes, all New Balance btw, at least one of which were "assembled" in the USA.  lol

And then I bought a pair of BROOKS Ghost.

For walking, I kept the pair of New Balance 847.

And for jogging, I kept the pair of BROOKS Ghost.

I was able to go twice as far on the treadmill with the Brooks Ghost as I was with my old Nike trainers.

image.gif.c2685d5861fd2298c37886d6880f6f21.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

Not sure why so many of you are whistling past the graveyard with regard to aggy.  I'm VERY concerned that with what they have done in the last few recruiting cycles and this one in particular that in the next few years we could see them actually contend to win 9 regular season games.  

I know you wanna joke but this is a championship level class. Im just happy that bum ass Jimbo is the playcaller for them. Texas has a championship level class too it all just  depends on S&C/ OL development. This thing gets stupid if the Brocks portal too. We would be talking about potentially having the best OL in the country in a year or two. 

• Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Not sure why so many of you are whistling past the graveyard with regard to aggy.  I'm VERY concerned that with what they have done in the last few recruiting cycles and this one in particular that in the next few years we could see them actually contend to win 9 regular season games.  

As long as Ole Jimbo is calling the plays they’re guaranteed to win 8-9 games max with that 19th century playbook

22 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

if Harris is out I wonder if LTG is back in play

I don't think they are saving a ship for him regardless.  I bet they'd rather grab someone in the portal and address some of the needs overlooked when all the lineman starting falling our way. 

3 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I know you wanna joke but this is a championship level class. Im just happy that bum ass Jimbo is the playcaller for them. Texas has a championship level class too it all just  depends on S&C/ OL development. This thing gets stupid if the Brocks portal too. We would be talking about potentially having the best OL in the country in a year or two. 

Not enough focus on this right now. We had one hand tied behind our backs and are still finishing only 4 spots back from those fucktards with our best top 5 class in ????. This gap with A&M isn’t going to last once NIL gets fully up and running and we’re on a level playing field. 

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

Not enough focus on this right now. We had one hand tied behind our backs and are still finishing only 4 spots back from those fucktards with our best top 5 class in ????. This gap with A&M isn’t going to last once NIL gets fully up and rolling and we’re on a level playing field. 

Look at what NIL did for the offensive line class this cycle. 

It's a matter of time. As somebody said earlier, aggy is being generous this cycle because they know the door is closing with NIL. I've come away very optimistic about Texas recruiting moving forward because the "Horns with Heart" shows what Texas can do with NIL. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I know you wanna joke but this is a championship level class

There is no joking about it.

We are a legitimate contender for NC in 2023 with Ewers or 2024 *and* 2025 with Maalik (or Arch).

edit:  fuck, I hate that this board does not allow immediate spelling corrections.

Edited by ATXbronco

4 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

I just hope to god the defense can fucking develop and figure it out.  And hopefully Becton knows the fuck he is doing... less palates and more squats

This x100, I’m not worried about the offense. Sark already showed what he can do with an average o-line/QB play. PK has got to figure that shit out on defense 

53 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Texas A&M getting 7-10 5 stars this cycle is so unbelievable to me. They have a great gameday atmosphere but im not sure if what they are selling is THAT good. Can they sustain this level of funding?

They do sell that 12th man, though.

No I take it back, the 12th man sell them.

The 12th man is what won that game vs Alabama, as far as I'm concerned.

UT fans need to to step up like Sark has, and take some motherfucking charge of the situation.

9 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Anything from this or just normal 9.95er stuff

Someone posted a cliff of it on IT. Apparently he's signing Friday and Texas has a lot of momentum here. NIL is still gonna play a big part (and Aggy bag game.)  Basically the situation is fluid...wouldn't get your hopes up though 

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Someone posted a cliff of it on IT. Apparently he's signing Friday and Texas has a lot of momentum here. NIL is still gonna play a big part (and Aggy bag game.)  Basically the situation is fluid...wouldn't get your hopes up though 

When was it posted? Someone post full article or something. 

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

You fucking people…..

Who’s Frieda?

1 hour ago, CoachTex said:

My secretary.

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

That took way too long. I was getting ready to jump in.

Yeah I knew it. Oh well. Took too long for somebody to catch it 

10 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Btw, I mean losing not "loosing".

11 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

I don't get it.
Why am I being negged on this pro-Texas post?

image.thumb.png.65df2593b831fd7d5d1681cb2c573f55.png

13 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Man/woman, you know.

Geez, I need to differentiate in the 21st century.

You’re getting negged for this stream of consciousness shit

• Hook 'Em 4

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting